sub37 version 1.1 release date?

Everything Sub.
ImNotDedYet

Re: sub37 version 1.1 release date?

Post by ImNotDedYet » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:20 pm

Amos wrote:Hi all... sorry for the additional delay. No it's definitely not feature creep holding us up at this point; the feature set is quite frozen until release.

Right now we are putting the final touches on the automatic firmware-update utility. This updater has been sent out to all of our beta testers and the feedback has included terms like "perfect" and "flawless" to describe the update process. :) This is a huge improvement over previous updates.

I expect the updater will be finished by end of week, which gives me today and tomorrow to patch a couple of very late-reported bugs.
The goal now is to have a true release candidate with automatic updater by the end of Friday, send it around to everyone to test on the weekend...

I can't promise that the release will be next week, but I am working to make sure that we'll be ready by then.
I'd like for the official release to at least occur in the calendar month following the month in which I said it'd be ready. :)
Thx for all the hard work Amos!

Sleep is right around the corner for you! :)

Dapifer

Post by Dapifer » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:50 pm

Good to hear it's coming along nicely. Very excited, just got my Sub 37 back from repair and bought the Minifooger delay, dream combo. I do struggle with the current sequencer as it's a bit of trial and error process until you hear the right melody play back, the new sequencer possibilities will make everything complete. :D

Omaroo

Post by Omaroo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Awesome. Thanks for your swift response Amos. I'll say right here and now - that "you" are Moog to many of us. It's great to own equipment that you know is supported by the best in the business.

Cheers
Chris

Amos wrote:Hi all... sorry for the additional delay. No it's definitely not feature creep holding us up at this point; the feature set is quite frozen until release.

Right now we are putting the final touches on the automatic firmware-update utility. This updater has been sent out to all of our beta testers and the feedback has included terms like "perfect" and "flawless" to describe the update process. :) This is a huge improvement over previous updates.

I expect the updater will be finished by end of week, which gives me today and tomorrow to patch a couple of very late-reported bugs.
The goal now is to have a true release candidate with automatic updater by the end of Friday, send it around to everyone to test on the weekend...

I can't promise that the release will be next week, but I am working to make sure that we'll be ready by then.
I'd like for the official release to at least occur in the calendar month following the month in which I said it'd be ready. :)
Sub 37 Tribute, Waldorf Blofeld, MF-104M SD, Axiom 25, UMX-610, Propellerhead Balance, Truth B1030A mons, MacBook Pro i7, Live 9, Logic 10, Animoog.

lushr

Post by lushr » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:55 am

Amos wrote: I'd like for the official release to at least occur in the calendar month following the month in which I said it'd be ready. :)
Ah hahaha this is the kind of whimsical use of English that makes me love you so Amos, I'm quite sure you wrote some of the Sub 37 manual with a fastidiousness and whimsy no one can match!

Sounds like it might be in time for my birthday if I'm lucky!

Omaroo

Post by Omaroo » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:14 am

Any update on the v1.1 release Amos? It's April ;) Itching for it doesn't describe the pain... :lol:
Sub 37 Tribute, Waldorf Blofeld, MF-104M SD, Axiom 25, UMX-610, Propellerhead Balance, Truth B1030A mons, MacBook Pro i7, Live 9, Logic 10, Animoog.

benbravo

Post by benbravo » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:30 am

Hi there,

Here's an update on firmware 1.1's state of things that Amos posted on another thread in this forum last week. Thought this might be of interest here too...

Cheers
Ben
Amos wrote:
benbravo wrote:Can't wait for firmware 1.1, should have been out for a while now... any idea when it will finally be released?
er, yes, it should have been out already. :? We are putting the final touches on an automated firmware update utility, which should be ready literally any day now (well, probably not this literal day, but I am optimistic for the near future). We decided that the old Sub37 update process was too difficult and we would not release another update until the process was more friendly and easy to complete. Of course we had hoped to be finished with this process sooner than now, but truly it should not be much longer. :)

cheers,

Amos

Dapifer

Post by Dapifer » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:10 am

I'm perfectly happy to use the old awkward method if that's all that's holding it back. Too late to be a beta tester? :)

Blueboxed

Post by Blueboxed » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:55 am

Couldn't agree more. It's not having to negotiate the update that is frustrating it is not yet having the finished sequencer when I have tracks I want to use it on..

Sure it will be worth the wait though.

DJXOX

Post by DJXOX » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:17 pm

Patience is a virtue :) Its gonna be one hell of a mail day.

bubblebobble

Post by bubblebobble » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:00 am

Really excited for this release. While I didn't necessarily mind the old updating method, it wasn't too user friendly. I'm glad they are putting out a solution for this. Can't wait to see/try it. If you need an extra tester, or one in the future, look no further!!

ps im a developer too, so I should make for a good tester. steps to reproduce and all ;)

ziggomatic

Post by ziggomatic » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:48 pm

damn right Amos you're the man!

thank you so much for your dedication! :D

woohoo!!! :D :D :D

Omaroo

Post by Omaroo » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi Amos - do you have a release date for us please? I don't want beta software, but I have a few projects planned that are based on the promissory upgrades you've offered. Any advice from yourself would be very welcome.

lushr

Post by lushr » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:29 am

I notice the sub37 manual is no longer for sale, so I'll speculate it's because of the update... Perhaps an updated manual will be a possibility.

subq

Post by subq » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:44 pm

I would think it's RSN...the nice thing about Moog, they do it right. :)

Very cool they are throwing in a new update app.

Personally, I wanted to see a bit of feature creep in the arp behavior but that will have to wait. ;)

Albrec

Post by Albrec » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:11 pm

Curious what platforms are being targeted for this update app? Both Windows and OSX? At the same time?