Sub Phatty sticking pitch bend

Everything Sub.
scrichton

Sub Phatty sticking pitch bend

Post by scrichton » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:15 pm

I've just picked up my second sub phatty in as many days, yesterday's had a inoperative key out of the box, so another 200 mile round trip I got one with all keys playable, however this one appears to have a sticking pitch bend.

It looks quite obvious the assembly for the mod and pitch bend is slightly too far forward in the case aperture, has anyone opened the case of theirs as I'm sick fed up of carrying the box on public transport via 2 trains and 2 busses to have yet another swapped out for something I should think should be easy enough to rectify.

If anyone knows the order of opening the case to shift the panel that would be great.

The sound so far totally lives up to the hype, but the build quality isn't exactly as premium as the price, seems like the QC needs tightened up on the keyboard and controls side as no matter how good the noise bit is the playing bit is done on the keys and wheels.

Anyway moan over, any assistance here would be much appreciated.

bichuelo

Re: Sub Phatty sticking pitch bend

Post by bichuelo » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:25 am

Have you contacted Moog's support yet? [email protected]
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

scrichton

Post by scrichton » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:00 am

No, I've already returned one to the shop within a 24 hour period and with such a large journey and previous experience working on synths I feel that this would be a simple case of aligning the board, it was just to see if anyone knew the order of assembly to get to it.

scrichton

Post by scrichton » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:29 am

Just off the phone to the shop it's going to go back again.. so no need for this. I think they are quite embarrassed by it, so want to have it sorted out.