SUB37 - Menu diving for 'CNST ON' Mod. Update for ver 1.1?

Everything Sub.
Backbeatdeano

SUB37 - Menu diving for 'CNST ON' Mod. Update for ver 1.1?

Post by Backbeatdeano » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:13 am

Hey peeps!

I'm really looking forward to the new update which will see us be able to apply the programmable Mod destinations at the touch of a button and a tweak of a knob, eradicating a lot of the need for menu diving whilst designing patches.

One thing i do find myself forever doing though, is diving into the menu to set the Mod PROG SOURCE to CONSTANT ON.

I often find myself setting up MOD 2 to CONSTANT ON so you can control things like the speed of MOD 1 LFO via the MOD Wheel. It would make things a lot quicker if there was a simple button combo or something you could hit that would allow you to set the PROG Source to Constant On.

I just thought i'd put it out there. i'm not sure how elegant the solution would be compared to the implementation of the MOD DEST update but i'm sure Amos is far better qualified to try and dream something up if at all possible and inclined.

Anywho. Thoughts? Anyone else thinking the same of should i just design some different patches :-P

Dean

_DemonDan_

Re: SUB37 - Menu diving for 'CNST ON' Mod. Update for ver 1.

Post by _DemonDan_ » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:28 am

Backbeatdeano wrote:I often find myself setting up MOD 2 to CONSTANT ON so you can control things like the speed of MOD 1 LFO via the MOD Wheel. It would make things a lot quicker if there was a simple button combo or something you could hit that would allow you to set the PROG Source to Constant On.
Hi Dean,

Hang tight, there is a more elegant solution in the Sub 37's future. As has been mentioned by Amos in this forum, at some point the Sub 37 will have addition modulation options including the ability to directly modulate a parameter from controllers like Mod Wheel and Aftertouch.

Once that happens, your need to call up CONST ON will diminish significantly, allowing you to use MOD 1 + 2 for more interesting things than a direct link from Mod Wheel or Aftertouch to, say, Filter Cutoff.

I haven't heard anything about it for the next update, but it's bound to happen in the future. When the Sub 37 finally gets this as well as additive controller amounts (instead of just multiplicative), we're going to see expressive presets that will have people making CS-80 comparisons.

I really can. not. wait!
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

radamant

Post by radamant » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:16 pm

The ability to directly modulate a parameter would be killer as it would then free up MOD2 for more modulation in Dean's scenario!

mattyp

Post by mattyp » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:35 pm

This beast just keeps getting better. I believe, as you do Dan, that this synth will be a classic
Moog Sub 37, DSI Mopho KB, Korg ms20 mini, Korg M50, Korg Karma, Yamaha Motif Xf6, Yamaha DX7, Novation K Station, Waldorf Blofeld, Siel DK80, cyclone analogic tt 303

Backbeatdeano

Post by Backbeatdeano » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Awesome news. That would be killer indeed! And yeh the fact that it would free up the MOD bus is a huge plus! This shizzle can't come soon enough!
:-)