does Sub 37 load Little Phatty presets?

Everything Sub.
Post Reply
Instrumental Asylum
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:54 am

does Sub 37 load Little Phatty presets?

Post by Instrumental Asylum » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:08 am

just as the topic states..?
somebodies gotta know this.. Amos? wouldnt it be wikid if it did so we could develop our sound further..

jgirv
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:01 am

Re: does Sub 37 load Little Phatty presets?

Post by jgirv » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:59 am

Sorry I only have the LP.....which loads of course SlimPhatty presets no prob. I would think there MAY be a chance for what you ask.... But you would prob enjoy doing it manually anyway with all of those parameters available right in front of you!

Instrumental Asylum
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:54 am

Re: does Sub 37 load Little Phatty presets?

Post by Instrumental Asylum » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:47 am

jgirv wrote:Sorry I only have the LP.....which loads of course SlimPhatty presets no prob. I would think there MAY be a chance for what you ask.... But you would prob enjoy doing it manually anyway with all of those parameters available right in front of you!
Yea i run the Lp too, but im about to load some rather fresh banks of sounds to my site for LP & slim users to enjoy gettin creative with & wondering if the Sub & Sub37 owners can enjoy them also?

GregVDS
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:40 am

Re: does Sub 37 load Little Phatty presets?

Post by GregVDS » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:14 pm

A little bit off-topic, but the PhattyTuner app is able to load scl file and send it to the Sub 37 to adapt its tuning or temperament. No need to try and install Scala (under Os X at least, it's quite complex) for this.

Amos
Posts: 2438
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:11 pm

Re: does Sub 37 load Little Phatty presets?

Post by Amos » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:41 pm

GregVDS wrote:A little bit off-topic, but the PhattyTuner app is able to load scl file and send it to the Sub 37 to adapt its tuning or temperament. No need to try and install Scala (under Os X at least, it's quite complex) for this.
true! Although PhattyTuner is limited to 12-note octave scales. This is fine for most purposes, but if you want to try using full microtunings (more than 12 notes per octave, or really arbitrary tunings) you will need the full installation of Scala.

Sub 37 (v1.1 firmware and up) supports full 128-note tunings such as Scala can send. (Little/Slim phatty do not support 128-note tunings, only the 12-note scale/octave variety)

Sub 37 does not load Little Phatty presets. I will suggest that we create a conversion utility, but I can't promise anything in that regard.

User avatar
madhermit
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:58 pm

Re: does Sub 37 load Little Phatty presets?

Post by madhermit » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:57 pm

That would be sweet!
J. Dickinson
{MF-104m, Sub37}

redeyeflight
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Seattle 206

Re: does Sub 37 load Little Phatty presets?

Post by redeyeflight » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:54 pm

The answer is most definitely no. Tried several different ways but the architecture of the two synths is just too different. I have tried re-creating my personal patches from the little phatty to the sub37 with varying degrees of success. Couple things I've noticed: the filter on the 37 is darker than the phatty, higher filter cutoff is needed than your current LP patches. The preamp in the 37 and oscillators in general are hotter/louder than in the LP so expect to turn them down a bit relative to the original LP presets. The modulation is much more extensive on the 37 but you should be able to get close to your original LP patches with a little bit of experimentation. Hope that helps!

redeyeflight
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Seattle 206

Re: does Sub 37 load Little Phatty presets?

Post by redeyeflight » Sun May 17, 2015 6:45 pm

Amos wrote:
GregVDS wrote:A little bit off-topic, but the PhattyTuner app is able to load scl file and send it to the Sub 37 to adapt its tuning or temperament. No need to try and install Scala (under Os X at least, it's quite complex) for this.
true! Although PhattyTuner is limited to 12-note octave scales. This is fine for most purposes, but if you want to try using full microtunings (more than 12 notes per octave, or really arbitrary tunings) you will need the full installation of Scala.

Sub 37 (v1.1 firmware and up) supports full 128-note tunings such as Scala can send. (Little/Slim phatty do not support 128-note tunings, only the 12-note scale/octave variety)

Sub 37 does not load Little Phatty presets. I will suggest that we create a conversion utility, but I can't promise anything in that regard.
Hey amos, any progress on a conversion utility to port the little phatty presets to the sub 37?

redeyeflight
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Seattle 206

Re: does Sub 37 load Little Phatty presets?

Post by redeyeflight » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:51 pm

Just thought I would check in again about this now that there is the sub37 editor on the verge or being released. Is there any chance there will be at least minimal compatibility with the little phatty in terms of patch sharing?

redeyeflight
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Seattle 206

Re: does Sub 37 load Little Phatty presets?

Post by redeyeflight » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:07 pm

Well...almost a year later! Any chance there's a way to load little phatty presets into the sub37 yet?

[email protected]
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:17 am

Re: does Sub 37 load Little Phatty presets?

Post by [email protected] » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:19 am

Is a converter in the works at Moog? If not, are the sysex specs for both synths available somewhere?

User avatar
till
Posts: 1196
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:17 pm
Location: south-west Germany
Contact:

Re: does Sub 37 load Little Phatty presets?

Post by till » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:09 pm

[email protected] wrote:Is a converter in the works at Moog?
Most likely not.
If not, are the sysex specs for both synths available somewhere?
No.
It is a real shame most synth companies don't publish sysex specs anymore.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

Post Reply