Sub37: scolling triplet values on synced Arpeggiator and LFO

Everything Sub.
bujo

Sub37: scolling triplet values on synced Arpeggiator and LFO

Post by bujo » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:27 pm

Maybe you already noticed, it is impossible to dial a synced triplet division on the arpeggiator and LFOs via their dedicated panel’s knobs. The explanation from Moog is that “the panel knobs specifically skip triplets, for ease of live tweaking”. But this is not an option, it’s like this by default and it cannot be changed.

I’m the kind of musician who wants to be able to dial synced triplet values on his arpeggiator and LFOs, I use them a lot in my music. There is also a lot of examples of songs using triplets on their arp and LFOs, even going back and forth from straight and triplet values (just think about dubstep).

As there are workarounds (using an ext. MIDI controller will scroll through EVERY values; triplet values can be selected for the arp in “PRESET MENU > ARPEGGIATOR > CLOCK DIV”), triplet values when scrolling should not be discriminated for all users, like it is unwanted by everyone. But it would definitely be a nice option to be able to decide which division to skip.

I hope a lot of members from this forum will respond to this topic so that Moog can understand that this essential feature has to be unlocked ;)