Sub 37 Firmware 1.1 coming - Video demo with Amos

Everything Sub.
Lymtronics

Re: Sub 37 Firmware 1.1 coming - Video demo with Amos

Post by Lymtronics » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:35 am

I haven't tested it extensively, but it seems that in the current firmware the LFO behaves strangely when it is synced from and external source and the LFO rate is key tracked. I wasn't expecting anything in particular, but noticed odd results when I didn't realize the key tracking was on. I had a ramp shape LFO on the filter cutoff that seemed to hang for two divisions at each new note until the key tracking was disabled and things behaved as expected. Just thought I'd toss it out there in case it's a quick fix (or otherwise explainable behavior) before the new firmware comes out. Anyway, it's nothing too serious and like I said: not extensively tested.

Science

Post by Science » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:43 am

Can someone share the Beta version with me? PM for my email address. TIA!
Current setup: 2 Prophet 08 Modules, Analog 4, Slim Phatty, Blofeld, FA-08, Pulse 2, Sub 37

klfnk

Post by klfnk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:37 am

Science wrote:Can someone share the Beta version with me? PM for my email address. TIA!
Same request here, I've sent an email to Amos but he's probably to busy finishing up the RC :)
So pretty please someone sent me a link or post it here..?

Greetings!
Arnoud
Moog Sub 37
Ableton Live 8.latest
Pro Tools 12 HD12.latest
RME Fireface UC
15" MacBook Pro Retina 2015 Yosemite

subq

Post by subq » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:22 pm

Are people allowed to share the beta files?

I didn't see anything in the notes about it but I've done a lot of beta testing and generally the answer to that is no.

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:35 pm

Without explicit permission from Moog, I would say no :( but it should be ready soon!

*EDIT* I should say that I in no way represent Moog as an employee or otherwise. I am simply an owner and beta tester expressing my opinion :?

fwilleke

Post by fwilleke » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:53 pm

I really hope the fix for the "Volume knob does nothing after loading a preset" bug is included in the update.
Had that one again several times... ;-)
___
Sub 37 Cookbook
My Website
Gear List
Me on Instagram

15" late 2013 MacBook Pro
Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

Science

Post by Science » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:13 pm

mmarsh100 wrote:Without explicit permission from Moog, I would say no
Ridiculous! Moog is giving it out freely and already stated that it is a beta and and can not be responsible for errors. as
As someone who has owned over 45 synths in the past 35 years (counting doubles) i would say i can handle it.
Current setup: 2 Prophet 08 Modules, Analog 4, Slim Phatty, Blofeld, FA-08, Pulse 2, Sub 37

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:34 pm

In that case, contact Moog.

ImNotDedYet

Post by ImNotDedYet » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:36 pm

Science wrote:
Ridiculous! Moog is giving it out freely and already stated that it is a beta and and can not be responsible for errors. as
As someone who has owned over 45 synths in the past 35 years (counting doubles) i would say i can handle it.
Not ridiculous.

It's typical that beta users agree to specific things in order to be a beta tester - such as how to and perhaps how often to submit bug reports, agreements from a legal standpoint that it's beta, could screw up your system and as such you accept the responsibility, etc.

In this litigious age, I don't see anything ridiculous about it at all.

Rufus the Dog

Post by Rufus the Dog » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:18 pm

I've been a beta tester for a while and whilst I don't recall agreeing to not distributing any firmware I would concur the usual rules of beta testing is that generally you don't.

Specifically if you agree to beta testing you implicitly agree to running whatever risks a beta version may hold. Passing on a firmware version that may contain issues is doing no one any favours.

R.

arjanhoekstra

Post by arjanhoekstra » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:25 pm

Just be patient. It will come when it will come.

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:26 pm

Just curious but how much damage could you do to a synth with a firmware update - if you were doing so on purpose for instance? Could it ever go so far as to be irreparable?

I'm not suggesting anything by the way... :wink:

Rufus the Dog

Post by Rufus the Dog » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:04 pm

ChiLam wrote:Just curious but how much damage could you do to a synth with a firmware update - if you were doing so on purpose for instance? Could it ever go so far as to be irreparable?

Not damage as such but I went through a few days of a bizarre problem with stuck sequences that I could have passed on to others before it was sorted :D

R.

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:40 pm

Rufus the Dog wrote:
ChiLam wrote:Just curious but how much damage could you do to a synth with a firmware update - if you were doing so on purpose for instance? Could it ever go so far as to be irreparable?

Not damage as such but I went through a few days of a bizarre problem with stuck sequences that I could have passed on to others before it was sorted :D

R.
What, really, even if I had owned upwards of 40 synths prior to installing it?

@science - just kidding :) I understand your just really looking forward to the new features, same here, I just couldn't resist a purile joke in the meantime.

Science

Post by Science » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:11 pm

ImNotDedYet wrote:
Science wrote:
Not ridiculous.

It's typical that beta users agree to specific things in order to be a beta tester - such as how to and perhaps how often to submit bug reports, agreements from a legal standpoint that it's beta, could screw up your system and as such you accept the responsibility, etc.

In this litigious age, I don't see anything ridiculous about it at all.
Very Ridiculous.

well we will have to agree to disagree on what is and is not Ridiculous.