Sub 37 Firmware bugs

Everything Sub.
fwilleke

Sub 37 Firmware bugs

Post by fwilleke » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:55 am

Hi,

I couldn't find any thread that generally collected Firmware bugs (except for one thread specifically for version 1.0.3). Is there a bug tracker or a ticket system we can use to report bugs?

My Sub 37 (FW 1.0.6) runs very smoothly, there are only very few issues that come up occasionally.
  • Arpeggiator Rate range [Reported in: 1.0.3 | Status: Open]
    Arpeggiator Rate knob sometimes does not go up the whole range (also reported in the 1.0.3 thread).
  • Volume knob not working after loading preset [Reported in: 1.0.6 | Status: Open]
    Sometimes after loading a preset, the Volume knob does nothing (Volume stays the same regardless of how often I turn the knob up and down). I feel that it's often gone after changing to Panel mode and back to the preset, but I'll have to try again to verify that. It does not happen very often and I could not yet recognize a pattern behind it.
  • Wrong oscillator octave after switching to panel mode [Reported in: 1.0.6 | Status: Open]
    Sometimes after changing to Panel mode, the oscillators are not set to correct octave/footage. Moving the octave/footage knobs fixes the problem.
Greetings,
Frank
Last edited by fwilleke on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.
___
Sub 37 Cookbook
My Website
Gear List
Me on Instagram

15" late 2013 MacBook Pro
Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

BrufordRules

Re: Sub 37 Firmware bugs

Post by BrufordRules » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:19 pm

Another one is the Envelope Latch bug pointed in this thread.

It's a very good idea to collect all bugs in one thread but I think you should change the title to 'Sub 37 1.0.6 Firmware bugs".

Cheers

kvitekp

Re: Sub 37 Firmware 1.0.6 bugs

Post by kvitekp » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:44 pm

Having a firmware version agnostic thread title will probably be more useful since firmware x.x.x may still contain bugs reported for x.x.x - 1 or earlier versions. This means that each bug report should mention firmware version that it was found in. This will make it more useful for those responsible for fixing those bugs.

/Peter
www.midisizer.com - home of MidiALF MIDI/CV step sequencer, MidiREX MIDI Looper and more synth DIY stuff...

fwilleke

Re: Sub 37 Firmware 1.0.6 bugs

Post by fwilleke » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:10 pm

That was my original idea, too. Still not sure which one is the better way.
It would create a central place for all bugs to be found.
[Edit]I have changed the thread title back, and added FW version and bug status to my list.[/Edit]

It would also be nice to hear from Amos if maybe there already is a bug tracking system that could be used, to help their development flow.
___
Sub 37 Cookbook
My Website
Gear List
Me on Instagram

scottingham

Post by scottingham » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:06 am

Does anybody else have the issue when the invert button is toggled repeatedly sometimes it lands on the wrong octave when turned off?

Rufus the Dog

Post by Rufus the Dog » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:06 am

bujo

Post by bujo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:15 am

Might be a stupid question but if I'm still on 1.0.4, can I install directly 1.0.7 or do I have to do the 1.0.6 update before?

Rufus the Dog

Post by Rufus the Dog » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:25 am

As I understand it you can jump versions. The smaller 'Step 1 and 3' sysex files erase and prepare the main and panel flash memory for the larger files so you are effectively starting from scratch with each update

R.

fwilleke

Post by fwilleke » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:50 am

I updated from 1.0.3 directly to 1.0.6.
Therefore, the updates are not incremental, so there's no harm in skipping versions.
___
Sub 37 Cookbook
My Website
Gear List
Me on Instagram

kvitekp

Post by kvitekp » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:34 pm

Arp/sequencer transposition problem (firmware version 1.0.7) -- arp/seq is not transposed if the same key is pressed after changing keyboard octave.

Steps to reproduce:

1. select ARP or record a sequence
2. set ARPEGGIATOR buttons ON and LATCH to On (both lit)
3. press a key to start the arp or sequence
4. press KB OCTAVE up or down
5. press the key you pressed at step 3, observe: arp/sequence is not transposed
6. press any other key, observe: arp/sequence is transposed

Expected: arp/sequence to be transposed to the selected octave at step 5.

/Peter
www.midisizer.com - home of MidiALF MIDI/CV step sequencer, MidiREX MIDI Looper and more synth DIY stuff...

bernard

Post by bernard » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:50 am

kvitekp wrote:Arp/sequencer transposition problem
I just wanted to post the same, so I can confirm this bug.
Cheers, Bernard

fwilleke

Post by fwilleke » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:49 am

Arg, I still didn't have the time to update to 1.0.7. I'll do that tomorrow probably, and see if I can cross any bugs off the list.
___
Sub 37 Cookbook
My Website
Gear List
Me on Instagram

fwilleke

Post by fwilleke » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:20 am

OK, I updated to 1.0.7 yesterday. Worked flawlessly, by the way. No problems like with the 1.0.6 update where only the padded file would work for me.

The bugs "Arpeggiator Rate range" and "Wrong oscillator octave after switching to panel mode" could not be reproduced anymore during more than 3 hours of live session. I'll do some more testing, as those bugs were not reliably reproducible from the beginning.

The bug "Volume knob not working after loading preset" occurred again, even though only one time.

The bug "when the invert button is toggled repeatedly sometimes it lands on the wrong octave when turned off" I couldn't reproduce, but never noticed it before anyway.

The bug "Arp/sequencer transposition problem" occurred several times, I can definitely confirm that one.
___
Sub 37 Cookbook
My Website
Gear List
Me on Instagram

bujo

Post by bujo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:01 pm

Ok, here are two of the bugs I experience. I’m on 1.0.7

KBD RESET ON option in GLOBAL MENU > SEQ OPTIONS doesn't behave as explained in the manual. Instead of "restarting the sequence from the first note every time I press a new key", it actually just restart the course of the arp/seq . In other words it "resets the internal clock" if I can say it that way... But this is only when I'm NOT latch on! When the latch is ON this option seems to have no effect at all on the arp/seq behaviour. Try it with a slow tempo and you will notice that neither the sequence restart from its first note, neither the arp retriggers when you hit a key in the middle of two beat when on latch.

Can’t set the arp or LFOs rate to triplet division. Sync the Sub37 to an external clock, put a kick (or any rhythm so you can understand the tempo), turn the arp on and turn the rate knob to change the division. Set it on 1/4 and then turn it slowly clockwise. It will go (if you have the same bug than me) through these divisions: 1/4 > 1/8dot > 1/8 > 1/16dot > 1/16 > etc... BUT, it's supposed to be 1/4 > 1/8dot > 1/4t > 1/8 > 1/16dot > 1/8t > 1/16…). Turning the rate knob is skipping the triplet divisions. This is true with the LFOs too, internal or external clock. …………….Strangely, when I use a midi controller to swipe one of these rates (LFOs or arp) I go through every subdivisions including triplets...

Please anyone, tell me if you can reproduce this later problem, I am really struggling, haven’t heard anyone talking about this anywhere.