Sub37 Sequencer update?

Everything Sub.
scottingham

Sub37 Sequencer update?

Post by scottingham » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:54 pm

Has anybody heard of an ETA on when that big update to the step sequencer on the Sub37?

I've heard that it will use the 16 preset LEDs/Buttons to allow for turning on or off or muting the selected step while playing. It could also be used as a way to select a particular step to edit after the sequence has been recorded.

This is a wishlist/possible ui implementation:

It would be nice to have access to more than 16 steps. The 'Bank' button could be used to select the different 16 step chunks of the sequence. The main status screen (which is way underutilized so far in panel mode) could provide which steps are currently on the 16 step buttons. Holding down the bank key would also illuminate solely the section of 16 steps that is selected.

Another sequencer update I would like to see would be related to the panel mode. With the sub37 I use presets very rarely but change sequences frequently. An additional setting in the global menu could allow for the switching of a different sequence while still staying in panel mode. Keeping the sequence playing between the two sequences would be an awesome setting too.

I realize that in sequencer mode the 16 buttons would then be occupied by the sequence (acting as on/off and possibly remove/add step). Perhaps the panel button itself could function as a shift key. When it is held the single step that is illuminated would be the memory slot of all the sequences. To switch banks both buttons would have to be held at the same time (easy with one hand, great layout!)

Thank you Moog for this kickass synth!