Patches in Forum

Everything Sub.
artofnois

Patches in Forum

Post by artofnois » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:43 am

Why the Moog forum is the only one that I know where the people don't post their own patches ?
it's just an internal reflection .... :shock:

Disarm D'arcy

Re: Patches in Forum

Post by Disarm D'arcy » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:57 pm

I guess the whole reason being people like Moogs so much is that they're very straightforward. I honestly never use presets in my Little Phatty. I guess I would use stored presets live in certain circumstances but it's jut a lot more fun to tweak things around and not give a damn, at least in the music I make.

That's my take on this.

XAXAU

Post by XAXAU » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:05 pm

Disarm D'arcy wrote:I guess the whole reason being people like Moogs so much is that they're very straightforward. I honestly never use presets in my Little Phatty. I guess I would use stored presets live in certain circumstances but it's jut a lot more fun to tweak things around and not give a damn, at least in the music I make.

That's my take on this.
It is very useful for reverse engineering! Especially for beginners.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:08 am

artofnois wrote:Why the Moog forum is the only one that I know where the people don't post their own patches ?
The reason is that the forum doesn't allow uploads of .syx files, so it isn't possible.

That said, I'm guessing you don't know about KnobTweak, a resource site for Moog gear and Moog app enthusiasts. Plenty of LP patches to be found there, and all are encouraged to upload their own. KnobTweak ("KT") is a Yahoo Groups site that been around since 2009, and has origins that go back to 2003, long before the LP was released. It has grown from a Voyager-only support site to include LP's, Pedals (T3 & Minitaur), Theremins, 'Foogers, and Apps.

Check it out!

- Greg

artofnois

Post by artofnois » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:58 am

Thnaks Greg. I did not know its existence.
Are you who give permission to join? If so, you already have a request.... ;)

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:06 pm

Request approved - you're in.

Enjoy! :D

artofnois

Post by artofnois » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:23 pm

Thanks a lot

mrberger

Post by mrberger » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi Greg,
just sent in my request as well. Looking forwards to perusing the group!

GregAE

Sub 37 patches needed!

Post by GregAE » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:53 pm

Request approved, mrberger! Welcome to KT!

Please keep in mind that there are not a lot of Sub 37 patches on KT just yet, but I'm hoping that will change in time.

Attention all Sub 37 owners - we need your patches! There's a "Sub Phatty and Sub 37" folder on KT - please contribute a patch or two (or more) when you get the chance!

:D

EDIT - The "Sub Phatty and Sub 37" folder has been separated into two individual folders labeled "Sub Phatty" and "Sub 37".
Last edited by GregAE on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

ozfunghi

Post by ozfunghi » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:33 pm

GregAE wrote:
artofnois wrote:Why the Moog forum is the only one that I know where the people don't post their own patches ?
The reason is that the forum doesn't allow uploads of .syx files, so it isn't possible.

That said, I'm guessing you don't know about KnobTweak, a resource site for Moog gear and Moog app enthusiasts. Plenty of LP patches to be found there, and all are encouraged to upload their own. KnobTweak ("KT") is a Yahoo Groups site that been around since 2009, and has origins that go back to 2003, long before the LP was released. It has grown from a Voyager-only support site to include LP's, Pedals (T3 & Minitaur), Theremins, 'Foogers, and Apps.

Check it out!

- Greg
Do you have to register/join with a yahoo e-mail, or can you join with any mail address? I could always make a new e-mail address, but it'd be used only to join the group (if allowed :) ) never to be checked.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:41 am

ozfunghi wrote: Do you have to register/join with a yahoo e-mail, or can you join with any mail address? I could always make a new e-mail address, but it'd be used only to join the group (if allowed :) ) never to be checked.
I'm pretty sure it has to be a Yahoo email address (it's their rule, not mine).

- Greg

breun

Post by breun » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:33 am

You need a Yahoo *account*, to join a Yahoo group but I have my own non-Yahoo e-mail address configured for that.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:19 pm

breun wrote:You need a Yahoo *account*, to join a Yahoo group but I have my own non-Yahoo e-mail address configured for that.
Thanks for the clarification, Nils. It's been a while since I've had to do that myself (my account dates back to 2001).

Received and approved your KT request. Welcome! :D

- Greg

JavaLaurence

Post by JavaLaurence » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:41 am

Re: KnobTweak.. I see on the home page that there are also "classic" mail addresses to subscribe and unsubscribe to.. may I ask how they work, if a Yahoo account is expected when trying to subscribe via web page?

ozfunghi

Post by ozfunghi » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:58 pm

GregAE wrote:
breun wrote:You need a Yahoo *account*, to join a Yahoo group but I have my own non-Yahoo e-mail address configured for that.
Thanks for the clarification, Nils. It's been a while since I've had to do that myself (my account dates back to 2001).

Received and approved your KT request. Welcome! :D

- Greg
Oooh, pick me, pick me!
(I requested to join the group... with a -meh- new yahoo mailaccount)