Combine MOD Controllers

Everything Sub.
studiothrills

Combine MOD Controllers

Post by studiothrills » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi there,

I'm having trouble programming Modulation in my new Moog Sub 37. This is what i'm trying:

I start with an INIT preset. I want to use Modwheel and Aftertouch to control vibrato. So I set up MOD 1 Source to triangle, LFO Rate around 8Hz, Pitch Amt to +2. Than, in the MOD 1 "Controllers menu" I set Mod wheel to 100%. This works fine, as expected. If I set Mod wheel to 0% and Aftertouch to 100% it works as expected.

But when I set both Aftertouch and Mod wheel to 100% in the MOD 1 Controllers menu, neither aftertouch nor Mod wheel do control vibrato. Only when I apply a bit of both of them, it works. So using aftertouch AND moving Mod wheel at the same time has the desired effect of controlling LFO 1.

It looks like the Controllers do not add up to each other. Or, if not used, one of the controllers (Mod wheel/Aftertouch) is continuously sending zero V to destination, and thus is cancelling out the effect of the other controller.

Anyone else got this problem, or is this a bug in my Sub 37??

Help would be appreciated!

Amos

Re: Combine MOD Controllers

Post by Amos » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:42 pm

your observation is exactly correct; controller values are multiplied together, rather than being added.

This was due to a technical limitation when originally implementing the mod bus architecture.

An alternative controller mode where the controller values are added instead of being multiplied, is in our plans. Look for it in a future firmware update.

vinnyburns

Re: Combine MOD Controllers

Post by vinnyburns » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Amos wrote:your observation is exactly correct; controller values are multiplied together, rather than being added.

This was due to a technical limitation when originally implementing the mod bus architecture.

An alternative controller mode where the controller values are added instead of being multiplied, is in our plans. Look for it in a future firmware update.
Is this coming in the next update Amos?