Suggentions for case or softbag for Sub 37

Everything Sub.
jido-genshi

Re: Suggentions for case or softbag for Sub 37

Post by jido-genshi » Sat May 02, 2015 12:32 am

slabwax wrote:The lovecraft? Strange sort of vibe but I like it.

I have a odd fascination with cases and bags. Even thou I'm not gig right now I had a hard time resisting the ATA I love ATA cases (I think it's called a fetish). I'm happy with my bag.
Yep, Lovecraft Bar in PDX for the "Volt Divers" collective. Next show is a week from Tomorrow.

And this will actually be my first ATA case, so I'm looking forward to it!

charbot

Post by charbot » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Just did 2 things that make me feel way more confident about using the sub 37 gig bag:
first, I added a piece of grey egg crate foam, approximately 18"x 28", to rest on top the synth; and second, I stuck a 21" long 2.5"x 2.5" block of grey foam in the inside pocket. The former obviously just adds some more protection to the front panel and keys as well as making the case a little more of a snug fit. The latter allows the synth case to be set down in an upright manor (a la a suitcase (old fashioned, not rollie)) with out it crashing over face first as it is wont to do due to the shape of the sub 37 and general floppiness of the soft case. Much better now.

stewdio

Post by stewdio » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:25 am

Hi - I just picked up the gig bag for my 37 and I'm wondering about the straps - is this what people have been referring to as 'crossing the straps'? I can't say I feel all that comfortable with them right on the knobs like that...
how is the best way to strap it in?

thanks,
Stew
Attachments
photo.JPG
instagram.com/stew_crookes
stewcrookes.com

~ all meters ~ all red ~ all the time ~

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:37 am

stewdio wrote:Hi - I just picked up the gig bag for my 37 and I'm wondering about the straps - is this what people have been referring to as 'crossing the straps'? I can't say I feel all that comfortable with them right on the knobs like that... how is the best way to strap it in?
Unless someone comes up with a better answer, I believe that the only purpose served by the velcro straps is to keep the 37 from falling out of the bag if the bag lid is closed, but not zipped... and then someone unsuspectingly picks up the bag with only one of its two handles.

For me, the bag is always zipped, except for the moments when the keyboard is put in or taken out.

So, I mostly don't use the straps.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

charbot

Post by charbot » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:46 am

Maybe they worked better with the LP; but for the sub 37, I have to agree that the straps suck. I never use them- they totally appear to crush the knobs and as far as I can tell, their only function is to only prevent the synth from falling out of the case if it is opened while standing. Not something I really have to worry about.

Just get some grey foam (like i suggested above) to take up the slack in the case and add some extra protection to the sub 37's front panel.
(fairly) well protected now.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:49 am

charbot wrote:Maybe they worked better with the LP; but for the sub 37, I have to agree that the straps suck.
Nope, I just put my Solar Phatty along side my Sub 37 and, except for knob placement and density, their shapes are identical.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:51 am

Dan, I guess he means the straps lie better in between the LP’s knobs than amongst the Sub37’s knobs.

Indeed, with my LP, not crossing them, they seize the keyboard just under the LH controllers and the upper part just above the knobs.

So follow my advice.

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:53 pm

Anvil is the best way to go.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.