Noisy key-click Sub Phatty

Everything Sub.
Meneer Vincent

Noisy key-click Sub Phatty

Post by Meneer Vincent » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:09 am

Hi all,

Very happy with my Sub Phatty but I noticed some keynoise when I play the middle A key.
A sort of click every time I press the key. I think it is the spring of the plastic key inside. Afraid to open it and is it worth it.
You don't hear it when you here the actual output audio but I find it a little frustrating though. This synth is so robust
and strong and jet the key's feel so cheap IMO. Anyone have this experience to? Is it save to open it and easy to repair?

Thanks in advance.

Rob S

Re: Noisy key-click Sub Phatty

Post by Rob S » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:41 am

I have exactly the same problem. Not only do I hear a faint noise with that A key, it also feels different tham all the other keys. Maybe a problem with a dutch batch ?

Meneer Vincent

Post by Meneer Vincent » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:15 am

@Rob S Well I hope they can solve this one way or another. I have no experience in opening synths though.
Anyone else have this problem? Options?

Meneer Vincent

Post by Meneer Vincent » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:45 am

UPDATE

Hi all, I got a answer from support;

I think that is probably caused by the key bushing having fallen off the key post under that key.

If you take the 6 black screws off the bottom that hold the keyboard to the chassis, you can then gently tilt the keyboard back to expose the inner workings of the key bed.

You will likely find a small black rubber “bushing” floating around under the keyboard. Remove the spring that holds the offending key in place, then gently push the key forward and up (from the back) until it clicks off of the post it is attached to. Replace the missing rubber bushing, reassemble and you should be good to go!

I’ve attached a few pics that might aid in the process!
Attachments
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

ratskull

Post by ratskull » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:13 am

Thank you for the helpful post.

Cheers!