Sub 37 - Non-Tribute Edition?

Everything Sub.
slabwax

Re: Sub 37 - Non-Tribute Edition?

Post by slabwax » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:45 pm

@Asymetrical,

A: Moog never said how long the Tribute Edition would be in production for, 1week 1 ,month 1year, 3year etc...

B: Moog never stated any hard number of Sub 37 Tribute Editions that would be manufactured.

C: No offense at all to DemonDan, While Dan might have more of an inside ear then the rest of us he is in fact not an employee of Moog. So what he might say off the cuff might not be 100% word. * *

And on a plus side the more TE S37s made the more Moog donates to local N.C. school music programs. No that something to get your panties in a twist over.

So how did Moog lie to you?

And lastly Asymetrical, I think what you have here could best be classified as a first world problem.

** Dan this not aimed to show any disrespect to you at all. I find your posts always to be even handed, insightful and well intended :D .

evileye

Post by evileye » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:25 pm

If you bought a "limited edition" of anything thinking is was going to be low production numbers without the said numbers being stated beforehand, you obviously haven't been around long.

There were no lies and you got an awesome synth. If you are really mad you can probably sell it for about what you paid for it as there is still plenty of unmet demand.

If you bought it thinking you'd just turn it for a profit, you aren't likely to find a lot of compassion in a synth forum. Most of us prefer to play them then sell them.

Mike37

Post by Mike37 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:56 pm

Seriously, who cares? Just buy the Sub 37 if you want/need it now - if not, don't buy it. I don't understand the problem.

Asymetrical

Post by Asymetrical » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:03 pm

I'm not trying to turn a profit. I'm just mad.

I bought a Sub37 thats broken......I'd buy another seriously a non tribute would be ideal.

I use a sub Phatty right now and I can't help but feel the white face is better for me.

My box has a pic of the non tribute I stare at all the time.....

Every review on youtube talks about the non tribute......

Why cant they make both it's only cosmetic stuff here.......

Why am I outta line here?

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:19 pm

It is too bad that your new synth came broken ,that is alway a bummer. Did Moog fix it for you? I've always had good luck with their customer service. But keep in mind it's a synth not a dialysis machine. Also, I just looked at the art on my box and the image is in fact a Bob Moog Tribute Edition. Im not so sure it is a white face as much as it is a line art image. They never showed a white face on the S37 as the Sub P has. I personally like the black face more then the white, ymmv. But you received what they promised with the exception of the broken bits. No lies involved.

Remember even space shuttles blew up from time to time. (sick I know)
Last edited by slabwax on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:26 pm

Also look at the marketing for the Little Phatty Tribute and the LP stage I and II. I think most people just assume the same. Also it makes not a rats butt what all the web reviews say, what has Moog said? That is all thats matters.

You are not out of line to want what you want but, you are very out of line for calling them liars because they did not deliver what you want..

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:30 am

GregVDS wrote:Dan, you spoke too much, or not enough :-). You'll have to be much more precise than that.

Why a non tribute in this summer would not have a very long life? Do you know of new products from Moog to come?

GReg
if you dont think the next moog synth will be a polymoog you are nuts. its gonna be their 1 - 2 punch. im sure they are working day and night after seeing the Prophet 6 hysterical mayhem...

my guess is that it will land at the next big expo and the Sub37 will drop from limited to non-tribute when it does...just speculation of course but it makes sense...

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:17 am

slabwax wrote:But keep in mind it's a synth not a dialysis machine.
Brilliant, slabwax! You've just written the next Moog ad :)

The Sub 37 by Moog:

It's A Synth, Not A Dialysis Machine

_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:10 am

his point tho Demon Dan was that its not like the Sub37 needs to be built as well or perform as reliably as a Dialysis Machine i think....so im not sure if thats necessarily a good tag line for Moog in an advertisement...?

"Sub 37...its fairly reliable...but its no Dialysis Machine"...

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:26 am

Blackout wrote:his point tho Demon Dan was that its not like the Sub37 needs to be built as well or perform as reliably as a Dialysis Machine i think....so im not sure if thats necessarily a good tag line for Moog in an advertisement.
Hi Blackout,

I totally got his brilliant point. What I apparently don't get is which emoji to use to mean that I'm joking. :lol:
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

GregVDS

Post by GregVDS » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:52 am

I'd say it's a damn good ad.

The real pun meaning for me is that a Moog is so reliable it's usually taken for a dialysis machine.

Greg
Last edited by GregVDS on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:03 pm

Well, I'm glad some people enjoy my glib sarcasm My wife only finds it mildly amusing.

Me personally, ...I'd rather have a Moog than a Dialysis machine. Can I get an Amen?

Maybe my new Moog tag line should be good for a pair of complimentary Moog pint glasses, Amos??? :mrgreen:

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:44 pm

Amen.

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:34 pm

ahh i get it now! interesting how different minds can take a tag line from separate angles.

Amen.

Subber37

Post by Subber37 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:32 am

Asymetrical wrote: My box has a pic of the non tribute I stare at all the time.....
Box and manual (if you meant Sub 37) does NOT show a 'white' or 'silver' face non TE. It's just an artistic colour inversion, as done on many techy products (like line art or something) it's not to imply a different colour scheme.

Also I think the TE black face with silver knobs and yellow lights Sub 37 is as good looking as this synth will EVER get. While a lighter face may be good for dark stage It looks a lot cheaper/tackier compared to classic black. Wooden ends also look and feel much nicer than the rubberised black plastic.

Lastly, once you know your way around the 37 I don't think you'd even need to read labels, I work from the lights and the knob tips alone (in the dark) no problem, I also doubt you'd be diving into the deeper programming sections that need to see the writing (like mod dest select on an LFO) much, compared to the main controls for performance which are clearly visible even int a pitch black room due to the light the 37 throws off from it's panel. :)
Last edited by Subber37 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.