Sub Phatty preset/master volume problem

Everything Sub.
furiousgreencloud

Re: Sub Phatty preset/master volume problem

Post by furiousgreencloud » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:27 pm

Drooler wrote: So basically what you're saying that, to be able to do what I'd like it to do, it needs another volume knob, right?
Yes, is there a another knob you can turn down after the synth? Like on your PA? Do this at home, and then you should be able to give the venue a good level.

Notice how Moog has responded with the Sub37, with a separate Preset Volume in the menus and the Volume Knob is just that. Moog responded to every complaint in the SOS Mag Review of the Sub Phatty. Maybe next time they should bring the SOS guys in before they ship!

Here is the fix for Moog for future firmware updates:

a/ Create a new parameter called "Preset Volume", and assign this to the Master Knob in Shift Mode, so just as hidden as in the Sub 37.

b/ Assign the Master Knob to a "Global Volume" function with CC7 (not stored in presets and always applied), AND....

c/ Keep the jump/relative/pass through mode behaviours working on this new global master parameter to prevent jumps after the knob is left in an "out of sync" with it's main function when it's just been used in shift mode for the Preset Volume function.

d/ And while you're about it, don't apply the new Master Volume to headphone level (do apply the Preset Volume) so that players and techs can Cue their presets via headphone, with the Master Volume down and then put it back up with confidence. Hope this is possible, i.e. the send to the headphone is not hard wired to the final output. I'd guess it is.