Need Sub Phatty editor and firmware update any news?

Everything Sub.
Meneer Vincent

Re: Need Sub Phatty editor and firmware update any news?

Post by Meneer Vincent » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:24 am

As a happy owner of the SubPhatty I am also curious.
@Amos
Can you tell us please what is the latest version of the SubPhatty en the Editor?
There are so many post about this subject and I think it would be clear to find it at the Moog website instead of
searching topics about this in the forum.

Also will there be a update of the SubPhatty?

Thanks in advance!

breun

Post by breun » Wed May 06, 2015 3:07 pm

There is no need to post the same question every couple of weeks. My reply to http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23028 is still current. :)

VicenteJr

Post by VicenteJr » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:08 pm

I just updated firmware on my Sub P, so just to make sure, it's not supposed to start some auto-calibration after the update, right? Like on the first update?

Spanda

7th October = Worldwide Stable Software Day

Post by Spanda » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:43 pm

Being exactly 12 months since the latest (beta?) updates for the Sub Phatty were posted here : http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.ph ... 39#p135239

Plus some time since Amos posted "at least a small update is guaranteed before too long. :)" found here 11 Mar 2015 (7 months ago) http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.ph ... te#p140476

This would be a great day for some solid news!!!!!

7th October = Worldwide Stable Software Day

Tenderosa

Post by Tenderosa » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:34 pm

That'd be some terrific news to hear. Firmware rev 2 mappable CV inputs!

Chris

medwaystudios

Post by medwaystudios » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:01 pm

Still hoping for a 'drift' setting like the Sub 37 has. I was just thinking the other day it would be handy to be able to even just modulate the beat frequency so it's always drifting in between to value ranges instead of just being static. Guess I could automate that in a DAW though :P
Windows 7 x64 / Sub Phatty

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:17 pm

Still waiting for Sub P poly chain :(

misfitit

Post by misfitit » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:55 pm

I reckon this is a dead issue? My SP still can;t connect reliably to the editor or any vsti to work as a midi controller, as advertised.

It's a big bummer for me as this is why I chose the SP over other synths, to have both the Moog engine and then to use on the comp.....

sold my other controller.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:29 pm

I kept my Sub because it's still very good as an extra oscillator for the Sub 37. But still ... would be nice if could poly chain it. Then again there may be enough differences between the two where the results would be less than expected. I think it wont happen now. Will have to look at some other good alternatives for poly.

I never had a problem with the editor so that's ok for me. Never used it as a controller, have enough of those already.

teeravuss

Post by teeravuss » Thu May 11, 2017 1:48 pm

Hi,

I just bought the Sub Phatty a little over a week ago and have been struggling with the VST editor within Ableton. I updated the firmware to 2.0.6. What's interesting about that is 2.0.6 isn't listed on their main download page--2.0.3 is the firmware update they have on that page. I found 2.0.6 on this thread. Why isn't it on the main download page? I also updated the VST's to be 1.1.1, which allowed both the Sub Phatty Editor(x64).dll and the Sub Phatty Editor-VI(x64).dll to be seen in Ableton. But alas, neither connect to the hardware when I drag and drop to a MIDI track. I get the "Could not connect to Sub Phatty MidiPortHandler !" message.
popup.png
I'm using Ableton 9.5 in Windows 7 64bit. My audio interface is the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4.

What's the current situation on the editor VST? Am I just not going to be able to use it or am I doing something wrong? I welcome any detailed guide on how to get this properly connected. Thanks!

don_looney

Post by don_looney » Thu May 11, 2017 3:21 pm

I had the same Problem in Cubase.
You have to turn off the MIDI control from Windows. I dont know if its the same problem, but in Windows 7 you had to turn off the MIDI Control for the SubPhatty in the audio preferences.
That your DAW is the Master. Then i used MIDI & USB. MIDI to control notes etc. and the USB to control the VST.
Its Pain in the ass.

Now I try to control the SubPhatty via CV but i dont get it to work :(

andreanuman

Post by andreanuman » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:01 am

Bought a Sub Phatty a couple of weeks ago. It keeps disconnecting from usb. The Editor can't see the synth and it says hardware disconnected.
Ableton is crashing a lot when using the vst editor.

Can't believe this is still a problem... this thread is from 2014, now is june 2017. I'm really disappointed. I thought Moog had a name for quality.
Sub Phatty / OsX Sierra / Ableton Live

breun

Post by breun » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:32 pm

I don't have these issues (I also don't use Live), but there is a new editor and firmware in beta now. If you'd like to check if your issues are fixed in the new version you could join the beta testing group as explained here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25663

Denim

Post by Denim » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:51 am

Ehem... so, checking back here again, after two years. Still no new firmware or software for the Sub Phatty to fix usb-related problems, and no info in the beta-testing post. Could any of the beta testers please provide some info, a status update, anything? Will a working solution ever be released? :P