ETA on Midi clock out for the Sub37???

Everything Sub.
epignosis567

ETA on Midi clock out for the Sub37???

Post by epignosis567 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:01 pm

Any eta on when the Sub 37 will be able to send clock information? It's a really important feature for me that I'm waiting anxiously for.

Also, what's the chance it will include 'swing' data??

Thanks!

epignosis567

Re: ETA on Midi clock out for the Sub37???

Post by epignosis567 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:20 pm

Bump

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:04 pm

working on this now... I have clock output basically working.

The implementation right now is that you can choose to send clock all the time, or only when the arp is running. When the arp is turned on or off it sends MIDI Start/Stop. Should I add a menu option to enable/disable this (so you can send clock without sending start/stop)?

I had not thought about swinging the clock... of course you'd want to do that. :)

Swing by the way is already implemented in the existing firmware, for the internal arp clock.. I just haven't implemented swing while synced to (non-swung) MIDI clock yet, as it's a bit more involved.

If you want to play with swing, you can send NRPN #415 (MSB 3, LSB 31)... value range is 0-16383, 8192 = 50% (no swing / straight time). Swing value is saved per preset. :) We will add it to the Arpeggiator Menu UI for direct editing, as soon as it's implemented for MIDI sync as well as internal clock.

epignosis567

Post by epignosis567 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:07 pm

Thanks Amos!
Long story short I've worked hard devising a system of 7-8 synths/drum modules that will be daisy chained in such a way that I can have clock divisions where I need them. But the Sub 37 is going to be the centerpiece, it's the only way my setup will work, so I'm eagerly waiting for the midi clock out so I don't have to use a computer.

I've thought about this a lot, and ideally here's would I'd like to see:
http://imgur.com/VWX3oWX

Along the bottom from left to right would be the bpm, the note division, and the swing rate.

Ideally the midi clock would send the swung midi clock data (that would be a really huge plus for me bordering on requisite!). So if the bpm were set at 120 it would send 120 bpm midi clock regardless of the note subdivision that the Sub 37's arpeggiator was set at.

And it would always be sending that clock signal over midi, or at least there would be an on/off switch for the clock out that is independent of the arpeggiator's on/off switch, because I would still need it to be sending midi clock to my other gear even when I'm just doing my wailing Froese solos on the Sub 37 with the arpeggiator turned off. 8) .

Also, I love this synth!!

epignosis567

Post by epignosis567 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:10 pm

But sorry, as to your question, yeah I would prefer being able to choose whether or not to send the midi clock with or without start/stop no matter how you end up integrating it.

Please let me know if you want me to clarify any of my ideas though, I've thought about this a lot!

XAXAU

Post by XAXAU » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:56 am

Amos wrote:working on this now... I have clock output basically working.

The implementation right now is that you can choose to send clock all the time, or only when the arp is running. When the arp is turned on or off it sends MIDI Start/Stop. Should I add a menu option to enable/disable this (so you can send clock without sending start/stop)?

I had not thought about swinging the clock... of course you'd want to do that. :)

Swing by the way is already implemented in the existing firmware, for the internal arp clock.. I just haven't implemented swing while synced to (non-swung) MIDI clock yet, as it's a bit more involved.

If you want to play with swing, you can send NRPN #415 (MSB 3, LSB 31)... value range is 0-16383, 8192 = 50% (no swing / straight time). Swing value is saved per preset. :) We will add it to the Arpeggiator Menu UI for direct editing, as soon as it's implemented for MIDI sync as well as internal clock.
Amos,

How about being able to swing the square wave in the LFO's? That would be extremely useful!!!

epignosis567

Post by epignosis567 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Also just to be clear, the data (bpm/note division/swing rate) in that drawing I posted twould ideally be visible at all times, not just when the arpeggiator is on or something like that. I would prefer to have that information larger than the preset name and bank and preset numbers (because who cares about the preset name really) but I made that drawing just to correlate to the already existing display.