Filter Knob problem (SUB 37)

Everything Sub.
Control_Voltage

Re: Filter Knob problem (SUB 37)

Post by Control_Voltage » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:11 am

Hi Everyone,

Andy from Moog Tech Support here!

The Cutoff Pot on the Sub 25/37 has a much bigger knob on it and therefore it can feel like there is a little more play in the pot due to the increased moment arm acting on the pot shaft due to the increased distance to the edge of the knob.

Do not worry about this, but if you ever have any actual problems(intermittent performance, failure, etc.) with the pots or any other aspect of your Moog synth, do not hesitate to contact me directly for help. [email protected] or (828)251-0090 x221

Please use my address instead of Amos@, as he works in Engineering and is very busy(designing cool new stuff for all of us!), whereas I handle all repairs and tech support issues.

Thanks,
Andy Hughes
Service Dept. Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

Toom

Post by Toom » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Dapifer wrote:
ChiLam wrote:
Toom wrote: I agree! I'm in europe so not much chance of me sending it back for repair work. I would like Moog to comment on this though.
Where did you purchase it though? The supplier will carry out the repair work if it's under warranty. I'm in the U.K but purchased mine from Poland, the supplier sent a courier for mine to be picked up and repaired, took less than 2 weeks between pickup and return
I CAN DO THAT?!

I should give the store a call. What an idea. haha!

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:03 pm

Toom wrote:
I CAN DO THAT?!

Was it just wobble or sound problems you experienced?

phil_harmonic

Post by phil_harmonic » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:16 pm

Hello. I just discovered that I am having this same problem on my sub 37 which i bought in December. I think it took me a while to notice because I normally control the filter cutoff via MIDI. What can I do to get this fixed? It seems like this is a known problem and that I should be compensated and have the thing repaired. It should also still be under full warranty.

pedrofloyd

Post by pedrofloyd » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:53 am

Please, partecipate to the GregVDS post inserting your data (SN, Owner, Location list....).
I think it's a good way to track failures and problems and to have a more clear picture about the product.
Hi,
here are some infos:
notebooks: thoshiba and Dell both dual core
Audio interface: Echo firewire

OS (inc. 32/64 bit), DAWs, moog equipment and audio interfaces used in your setup.

Toom

Post by Toom » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:13 am

ChiLam wrote:
Toom wrote:
I CAN DO THAT?!

Was it just wobble or sound problems you experienced?
I think a slight wobble is normal, I had a scratchy/dirty pot. Replaced and all good to go!