Sub 37 editor/librarian and VST plugin

Everything Sub.
Rolo

Re: Sub 37 editor/librarian and VST plugin

Post by Rolo » Fri May 20, 2016 7:42 pm

I can not get the Sub 37 editor working in Abelton live 32bit. I am running Windows 10 32bit. It crashes live. I can get the stand alone to work but it has crashed several times ...any ideas

Subcaste

Post by Subcaste » Mon May 23, 2016 10:59 am

How can I sync the arpegiator of Moog sub 37 with Logic X?? When I press the sync boton I dont hear anything... Ive read that the Moog needs to be sync to something if you wanna hear, but I have it with Logic!! Connected by USB, audio and midi.

Does anyone use Moog sub 37 with LOGIC X??? Cause its a mess I need some help to work properly with Logic X ((how to connect things so that you can use the Arpegiator of the sub37 sync. with logic etc.

thanks!

muleskinner

Post by muleskinner » Tue May 24, 2016 10:24 am

Subcaste wrote:Does anyone use Moog sub 37 with LOGIC X??? Cause its a mess I need some help to work properly with Logic X ((how to connect things so that you can use the Arpegiator of the sub37 sync. with logic etc.
It's not 'a mess' at all but very straightforward.

In the 'midi sync' settings of Logic X you can set a destination for the MIDI clock. Simply set this to output to the Sub 37. Job done!

Only issue I've had with Logic is that if you are sequencing the sub37 from an external instrument track and cycle a region that has an unreleased note at the end (ie the region returns to the start of the cycle before the note off) the sub37 will suffer from stuck note syndrome which is annoying.
Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

bradtyler

Post by bradtyler » Tue May 24, 2016 11:02 am

Subcaste wrote:How can I sync the arpegiator of Moog sub 37 with Logic X?? When I press the sync boton I dont hear anything... Ive read that the Moog needs to be sync to something if you wanna hear, but I have it with Logic!! Connected by USB, audio and midi.

Does anyone use Moog sub 37 with LOGIC X??? Cause its a mess I need some help to work properly with Logic X ((how to connect things so that you can use the Arpegiator of the sub37 sync. with logic etc.

thanks!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this issue. When I hit the sync button the sound completely cuts out. the only way to get sound back it to select another patch.

Subcaste

Post by Subcaste » Tue May 24, 2016 12:19 pm

muleskinner wrote:
Subcaste wrote:Does anyone use Moog sub 37 with LOGIC X??? Cause its a mess I need some help to work properly with Logic X ((how to connect things so that you can use the Arpegiator of the sub37 sync. with logic etc.
It's not 'a mess' at all but very straightforward.

In the 'midi sync' settings of Logic X you can set a destination for the MIDI clock. Simply set this to output to the Sub 37. Job done!

I just try it Now. And job is not done. Still the same problem. Logic has 2 destinations for the MIDI clock. I tried with the first destination, then with the second (logic doesnt alow use both).

So what else Im missing???

muleskinner

Post by muleskinner » Tue May 24, 2016 12:56 pm

I just try it Now. And job is not done. Still the same problem. Logic has 2 destinations for the MIDI clock. I tried with the first destination, then with the second (logic doesnt alow use both).

So what else Im missing???
Can you input/output regular MIDI data to your Sub 37?

If you play a note on the Sub37 can you see it displayed on the 'MIDI in' display on the transport bar (you may have to configure the transport bar so this is displayed)?

If you create an external instrument track in Logic and add some notes to it will it play back through the Sub 37?

I have my clock set to 'SPP at Play Start And Stop/SPP/Continue at Cycle Jump'. Start at position 1 1 1 1.

In my MIDI clock settings of the Sub 37 I have 'follow SPP' set to ON. I'm pretty sure this was set by default.

You probably don't want it connected by both MIDI DIN and USB, use one or the other.

I just tried on mine again and it all works exactly as expected.
Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:20 pm

Is there an instrument version of the editor? I can only find the plugin version but not the virtual instrument in Yosemite... but I do see the virtual instrument of Minitaur and Sub Phatty
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra