Sub 37 Recording MWheel per Seq Step

Everything Sub.
_DemonDan_

Sub 37 Recording MWheel per Seq Step

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:28 am

bartleby wrote:Sequencer: Record Modulation Wheel Position Per Step
I thought I had read that it already does this, but mine doesn't and I can't find it in the manual, so here it is phrased as a feature suggestion: It would be really great if the Sequencer could record the Modulation Wheel position per step.
Hi bartleby,

The ability for the Sub 37's Step Sequencer (in the Arp section) to record two notes, velocity, and Mod Wheel position per step has existed from the very beginning.

The trick is, in order to use the Seq Note, Seq Vel, or Seq Mod as a modulation source, one of them must be chosen as the PGM SRC in the MOD (1 or 2) EDIT menu. The choices are labeled: SEQ NOTE, SEQ VEL, and SEQ MOD.

And... the MOD (1 or 2) SOURCE knob must be set to F.EG/PGM in order to use that choice.

Now it will work exactly as you requested.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

bartleby

Re: Sub 37 Recording MWheel per Seq Step

Post by bartleby » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:56 am

ah, thanks for the heads up!

bartleby

Re: Sub 37 Recording MWheel per Seq Step

Post by bartleby » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:47 pm

played around today with 'seq mod' as a modulation source - it's a great feature!

i think it would be very cool if 'seq mod' was also available as a modulation controller, so you could also use it to sequence modulation depths.

i also experimented with 'seq vel'.
there is something about it that struck me as a little strange. it's a bit complicated, i'm not sure i can correctly describe it in english. but i'll give it a try:
when you program a rest in a sequence, that rest will not have a 'seq vel' of 0 or have the same vel value as the previous note, as you might expect. instead, it retains the same velocity value that that step had before you programmed the rest.

so let's say, you first program a 4-step sequence consisting of 4 notes:
note: c, d, e, f
velocity: 10, 90, 40, 90

then if you program a different sequence that contains some rests, the new notes will erase the old ones, but the new rests don't erase the old sequence's 'seq vel' setting:
note: g, f, rest, rest
velocity: 30, 60, 40, 90

not sure if this is a bug or a feature. but i thought it was a bit strange.