Sub 37 feature suggestions - firmware updates

Everything Sub.
PatMcM

Re: Sub 37 feature suggestions - firmware updates

Post by PatMcM » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:48 am

gencomprodukts wrote:
bartleby wrote:also, i think it would be nice if in the arp/seq section, the 'back/forth' button would also work for the sequence, not just for the arpeggiator.
Great idea! + having shuffle would be pretty cool.
These would definitely be great additions, in my excitement over the Sub 37 I had imagined these behaviours were actually going to be available for launch.
Sub 37 Tribute Edition, Taurus 3 Bass Pedals, Etherwave Theremin, Concertmate MG-1

greenborder

Post by greenborder » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:11 am

Hi guys, I've had my Sub 37 for two days and loving it so far. A couple of things I'd like to see, or perhaps somebody can point me to currently existing functionality / tricks I am not aware of:

* A quicker way to enter preset names, possibly via the computer via a USB connection.
* A way to select modulation depths of the hidden parameters more efficiently. I mean the velocity, aftertouch amount etc, now you have to hold a button for a while which can be a bit cumbersome, I'd prefer to use one of the dials (for instance the arp speed dial) while in this menu to change the active parameter.

Also I feel the aftertouch takes a lot of pressure to fully engage. I saw in the manual there's some calibration routines for this that I can try, but do others have the same experience?

Thanks!

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:28 pm

greenborder wrote:you have to hold a button for a while which can be a bit cumbersome, I'd prefer to use one of the dials (for instance the arp speed dial) while in this menu to change the active parameter.
Already possible :)
Try the Fine Tune knob while editing; it does data entry instead of Fine Tune while an editable value is selected on the LCD.

it's worth adjusting the aftertouch to your own playing style; especially if you're using the Fine Tune to adjust numbers, it's easy to make adjustments on the Pressure calibration page until the aftertouch feels better to you.

greenborder

Post by greenborder » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:55 am

Great news Amos, I suspected some trick was available :)

Rufus the Dog

Post by Rufus the Dog » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:47 am

Just got my Sub37 last Friday and starting to play. I don't find the keyboard an issue 'kept for velocity.

Already have a Little Phatty Stage II and a Sub Phatty and have been waiting for the Sub 37 since it was announced at NAIM.

Anyway the one feature that the Little Phatty has (and my Nord Lead 4 and Mopho X4) is to be able to see or at least read the current setting for a parameter. That along with precise setting of the BPM would be my top two

My third, and it has already been mentioned is to turn of the blinking arp led when not in use. I find I am always dialling the rate knob down to minimum when I am not using it :D

R.

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:05 pm

One feature I would like to see is a separate data store for sequences (and maybe arps as well) It's cool to be able to save sequences per patch, but I would like to play the same sequence on different patches.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:30 pm

mmarsh100 wrote:One feature I would like to see is a separate data store for sequences (and maybe arps as well) It's cool to be able to save sequences per patch, but I would like to play the same sequence on different patches.
I think an "Import Seq from Preset" would do the trick nicely, thus eliminating the need to create a new category of savable data objects.

What, specifically, would you want saved separately about an Arp? It's just a knob setting and a couple of buttons. Or am I interpreting your "maybe arps as well" request incorrectly?
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:04 pm

Hmmm, yeah, I didn't know about this. :oops: And I've read the manual...twice! Shows the depth of the synth.

About arps: there are some per-patch parameters saved for arps (gate length, clock div, etc.). Maybe exposing them as 'Import arp from Preset' would be good...

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:20 pm

mmarsh100 wrote:About arps: there are some per-patch parameters saved for arps (gate length, clock div, etc.). Maybe exposing them as 'Import arp from Preset' would be good...
I'd probably just make a custom INIT PRESET that had all my favorite Arp screen parameters (and PATTERN, RANGE, BACK/FORTH, INVERT) set to my favorite values and always start from there.

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:50 pm

Just perused the manual again and I can't find how to copy a sequence from one patch to another. Any hints?

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:57 pm

mmarsh100 wrote:Just perused the manual again and I can't find how to copy a sequence from one patch to another. Any hints?
My best hint would be to wait until such a thing is implemented.

"...I think an "Import Seq from Preset" would do the trick nicely,..." (key word = would)

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:36 pm

Ah, misinterpreted your post.

charbot

Post by charbot » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Personally Id like the mod controller settings to have remained the same as I left them, whenever I exit and re- enter enter panel mode. -(I think) it adopts the settings of the last preset patch loaded- kinda annoying to have to re enter modwheel/aftertouch ,source etc. or switch patches before going to panel.

I hope that this is just a glitch, like how the vcos octave are not updated and always default to 8 or something.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:06 pm

It would be nice to have midi filter settings per patch with an option to use either the global settings or the local patch overrides. I am finding a mix where sometimes I want CC's sent to my connected Sub Phatty and other times where its not desirable. Having to go back to the global menu for each patch change is a bit time consuming when you have a lot of patch changes going on.

greenborder

Post by greenborder » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:17 am

I second the suggestion of recording mod wheel position (as mentioned in the previous page).

I would also like to know how you guys use the 'Step Sequence Note' as modulation for a Mod bus, can this somehow be separated from the notes played, eg you play notes normally and only use the step sequencer to modulate a parameter?