Sub 37 Presets discussion - Acid Tracks preset - great job!

Everything Sub.
synthesis4all

Sub 37 Presets discussion - Acid Tracks preset - great job!

Post by synthesis4all » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:01 pm

By far my favorite preset on the Sub37 so far is Acid Tracks. To whoever designed this one, I am thankful and impressed. :mrgreen:

greenborder

Re: Sub 37 Presets discussion - Acid Tracks preset - great j

Post by greenborder » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:09 am

Nice, could you record a demo? Patiently waiting for mine to arrive ;)

suitandtieguy

Post by suitandtieguy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:38 am

I spent a lot of time on that so I'm very glad to hear you like it.

the Sub37 is so good at "that kind" of sound that I wish I had two ... one to solo on and one to use just for sequencing. the duophonic sequencing aspect incredible as well, another "killer app" of the Sub37. check out "Funk Cowboys" or "Dorian Electra" to see what I mean. "Funk Cowboys" also uses SEQ_MOD to modulate the envelope times to mimic a guitarist's palm muting.
me and my music - http://suitandtieguy.com
my modules - http://stgsoundlabs.com

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:31 pm

"Funk Cowboys" also uses SEQ_MOD to modulate the envelope times to mimic a guitarist's palm muting.
So *that's* how it was done! Terrific, prolly going to steal this technique :twisted: :D

Did you do all of the presets? I'm not a preset guy, but I have to say that the quality of the 37's presets is stellar. I wish there was a patch book for these! I'd pay for that.

Mike

jido-genshi

Post by jido-genshi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:37 pm

mmarsh100 wrote:
"Funk Cowboys" also uses SEQ_MOD to modulate the envelope times to mimic a guitarist's palm muting.
So *that's* how it was done! Terrific, prolly going to steal this technique :twisted: :D

Did you do all of the presets? I'm not a preset guy, but I have to say that the quality of the 37's presets is stellar. I wish there was a patch book for these! I'd pay for that.

Mike
I agree, the presets are pretty great! I was thinking of making a patch sheet for everyone today if no one else was going to do it; I think some people will find it handy, yes?

jsumners

Post by jsumners » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:41 pm

jido-genshi wrote: I agree, the presets are pretty great! I was thinking of making a patch sheet for everyone today if no one else was going to do it; I think some people will find it handy, yes?
I'd download it.

suitandtieguy

Post by suitandtieguy » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:01 am

mmarsh100 wrote:Did you do all of the presets? I'm not a preset guy, but I have to say that the quality of the 37's presets is stellar. I wish there was a patch book for these! I'd pay for that.
No. As of the last factory bank i loaded, i think my presets only wound up in Bank 8, and only 14 of those, i think.

if people want i'd be glad to talk about those presets and what my modulations and intended applications were. every patch in there that i contributed had a motivation.

also i have other patches that i've made that either didn't make the cut or i've made since the release. i would supply them out of my own altruism and not in any official capacity.

i'm pretty busy with building my own stuff and getting ready for Knobcon but if people are interested i'll make the time for these things. it might be a few days.
me and my music - http://suitandtieguy.com
my modules - http://stgsoundlabs.com

charbot

Post by charbot » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:39 am

All my favorites are in Bank 8 -Great Job.

greenborder

Post by greenborder » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:09 pm

suitandtieguy wrote:
mmarsh100 wrote: if people want i'd be glad to talk about those presets and what my modulations and intended applications were. every patch in there that i contributed had a motivation.
That'd be great Suitandtieguy, also if possible an audio example for us who don't have the Sub 37 would be nice if you or anyone else has the time. Good luck at Knobcon.

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:18 pm

Yeah, business first, though, man's gotta eat. But I'm ALWAYS interested in peoples' thoght process regarding synthesis, so I look forward to this when it happens :)

BTW, I suppose you could set Pot Mode to Thru and tweak all the knobs to show how the patch was built. The trickier bits might be in the Controllers menu, but theoretically you could build the patch back up that way.

lushr

Post by lushr » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:47 am

Agreed patch sheets by the dozen please!

I posted earlier my fave is duo org, I love love love! But yes they're all so incredible - really beyond anything I've seen before in sound design. Funny smart, fantastic sounds and huge variety.