Sub Phatty Editor Won't Remember Presets

Everything Sub.
sj2010

Sub Phatty Editor Won't Remember Presets

Post by sj2010 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:35 pm

Hi, apologies if this problem has already been discussed/resolved.

I've been trying to upload my Sub Phatty presets to my computer for backup using the librarian. I can create a sysex file of my 16 presets fine and save it in a folder, but when I load it back into my sub phatty all of the preset names I used to label my sounds are gone, replaced with the old preset names with numerous tildes.

I've tried clicking send after I change the name of a preset and then exporting. That changes the font from italics to normal. but the name still reverts to the original one after I close the editor and reopen.

My only bit of luck is when i exit the librarian and save an individual patch from the front panel of the editor. Then i can access it from my user bank in the librarian with name intact. But, I still lose the name when I load it individually into one of the 16 preset locations on my sub phatty.

I'm also having serious stability issues with the editor, including hardware disconnections and windows non-respond messages almost every time I use the program.

This is very frustrating...is there any hope of a solution??

My firmware edition is 2.0.1 and editor is v1.1.0.

Thanks

wacopacco

Re: Sub Phatty Editor Won't Remember Presets

Post by wacopacco » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:35 pm

There should be an export button to click right near the send button. I've used this to create a folder on my desktop with my Sub presets and it loads fine each time after that. I've tried the send feature and the sub will just go back to whatever it was at before. But doing it with export seems to work fine.

medwaystudios

Re: Sub Phatty Editor Won't Remember Presets

Post by medwaystudios » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:42 am

Not sure if you found the solution to this but figured I'd post what I did to solve it since this is the post that came up first when searching for a solution.

After much randomly trying things I realized simply dragging the preset from the 'user' area over to the 16 slots on the right side of the librarian with 'auto send on' did the trick. This seemed to write the name properly so that it didn't change to a ~ later on.

I had tried saving the patch with the correct name in the ,sys file and then reloading and saving into a memory manually but this would always revert to a ~ as soon as I went to another patch location and back again.

Still having issues with the drivers though. Many times I'm having to re install the drivers each time I reload the editor now, or it's locking up when quitting. The non Moog Music drivers seem to be the best though.
Windows 7 x64 / Sub Phatty