Sub 37 - No longer outputting sound.

Everything Sub.
mico

Sub 37 - No longer outputting sound.

Post by mico » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:00 pm

Hey guys,

So I got my Sub 37 and attempted to connect it up via MIDI (DIN) to my DAW (LPX) and that didn't work out, but that is probably besides the point.

When I got to using my Sub 37 the next day via 1/4", I noticed it wasn't outputting any sound regardless of the Volume designated.

My initial suspicion was the Local Control was turned off somehow, but I wasn't able to find that parameter when attempting to connect via MIDI DIN the night prior. So I know it wasn't an setting change I personally made.

I reattempted with all the MIDI cables unplugged after leaving the Sub 37 off for a while, but no avail.

I see there is new firmware update out as well, but since no manual came with the Sub 37, I'm not sure how this would be done with its menu system.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is give this problem a shot.

P.S.
Was it just me or was there no manual shipped out with the Sub 37? I also don't see one available for download either; just some ancillary documentation relating to MIDI.
Moog Sub 37 (#0133), Ibanez M80M, & Doomy Bow
MF-102 • MF-103 • MF-105m • KE Kommander • MHI B:a (Germ. w/EQ mod) • Strymon Timeline
Previous: Model D, Taurus, Taurus III, Little Phatty SE II (Solar Edition w/CV Out mod), Sub Phatty

mico

Re: Sub 37 - No longer outputting sound.

Post by mico » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:20 pm

UPDATE: Found 'Local Control' parameter in Global, and everything appears to be set to "ON" with All being set to "..."

2nd UPDATE:
- Re-initiated default settings, followed by turning off the Sub 37, waiting several minutes, turning back on the Sub 37 results in no change in behavior - still no sound.
- Tried changing instrument cables, resulting in no change in behavior - still no sound.

Now I'm getting a bit concerned.
MF-102 • MF-103 • MF-105m • KE Kommander • MHI B:a (Germ. w/EQ mod) • Strymon Timeline
Previous: Model D, Taurus, Taurus III, Little Phatty SE II (Solar Edition w/CV Out mod), Sub Phatty

deryldorsett

Post by deryldorsett » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi Mico,

Moog has not shipped the manual for the Sub 37 just yet but there is a quick start guide in the box. If you want to double check the Local Control to make sure it's not turned off you'll find it under Global --> Local Control --> Keys. Also, the instruction on how to update the firmware are in the download and it's a very straight forward process.

- Deryl

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:32 pm

Did you try the headphones out?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

mico

Post by mico » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:53 pm

bichuelo wrote:Did you try the headphones out?
Just did and oddly enough, I get audio from there. So it doesn't seem as though the sound engine itself is off.

Output via Audio Out still a no-go.

mico

Post by mico » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:26 am

UPDATE:
- Performed firmware update with C6 via MIDI (USB) with no error
- Tested headphone jack, confirming it was still pushing out sound
- Tried Audio Out jack via 1/4", resulting in no change in behavior - still no sound coming from the output. :cry: :cry: :cry:

mico

Post by mico » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:41 am

FINAL UPDATE: Reinitializing the settings post-firmware update resulted in renewed sound output through the Audio Out jack.

[Resolution reached.]

monokit

Post by monokit » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:52 am

Pfew great that you were able to sort it out and thanks for sharing the information. Now i know what i must do first, once i get the Sub.

evileye

Post by evileye » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:06 am

I know you have the problem resolved but I'm putting this in here in case someone else runs into the problem.

1. Make sure local control is on. It is worth turning it off and on if you are experiencing this problem.

2. A patch can be defined in such a way as it results in no sound with the simplest example where the mix is turned down on the oscillators. Try another patch or initialize the current patch (hold Panel button for few seconds).

I know these are both fairly obvious but I've been bit by both in the past.