Sub 37 - Questions

Everything Sub.
evileye

Re: Sub 37 - Questions

Post by evileye » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:17 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
evileye wrote:How do I assign a destination for the Mod Wheel modulation. I found the percentage, but not the destination.
Hi Mark,

In the current operating system, the MODULATION wheel doesn't directly modulate something.
Thanks. I was beginning to suspect that was the case.

As one of the few performance based controls. I loved to see an ability for the modulation wheel to be assigned to other destinations in the future. I have to admit though that the Sub 37 is already a joy for me to program and I'm pretty amazed at what some of those presets present in terms of capabilities.

egg

Post by egg » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:24 pm

I suppose it comes down to whether you just use it in the studio or for a live performance tool.
Studio, it does not matter as you are under no pressure to quickly navigate but live I always find it best to set the preset to how you want it to start and not how the mainly used sound is. This might mean that you have a silent preset if you want to fade the cutoff open to start but every preset I guess will differ to how they are used.

Yep, truly a first world problem ha at least I won't have to take loads of synths out.
I'm chomping on the bit for this thing to be honest.

jsumners

Post by jsumners » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:27 am

evileye wrote:
_DemonDan_ wrote:
easyjoey wrote:When a change is made to the Sub 37 the display indicates a change has been made with the letter "E". On my Voyager if a change is made you can see the original value and the altered value so you know how to get back to the original value. Is there an option to turn this on with the Sub 37 or will that option be available in a future update?
There is currently no option for that. But... the future holds many things for the Sub 37.

This forum's requests and suggestions are always considered and have resulted in many things that make the Sub 37 what it is today and what it will be tomorrow..
Just in case this feature hasn't been implemented yet and you are trying to judge interest, I'd like to see this feature VERY much.
I'm assuming the software will show all knob positions of a preset. It'd be nice if the software can be toggled to ignore updating its knob positions so that you can turn the physical knob until it matches the software knob (the software would show some indicator that you've hit the actual value).

jido-genshi

Post by jido-genshi » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:31 pm

Looks like the Sub 37 Manual is now available!

http://www.moogmusic.com/products/phatt ... nloads-tab

:)

breun

Post by breun » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:13 am

This must be the best feature of all:
LIGHT SHOW (GLOBAL MENU 2.4)
You can use this parameter to amuse your friends and confound your enemies. When set to ON, the front panel LEDs flash in a 1960s “futuristic” manner. While perfect for breaks between sets and television appearances, the default is OFF since you can’t see any of your button choices when it is animating. You can use the APREGGIATOR RATE knob to change the speed of the light show.

0netwo0netwo

Post by 0netwo0netwo » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:51 am

How do we reset to factory setting including the presets?

I accidentally saved a preset I made over an existing one from thr factory and im mad, I dont know if it was a cool preset or not

are we going to be able to recover them in the future, i couldnt find anything about it in the manual released

Thanks for your help!

egg

Post by egg » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:33 am

Sorry if already been touched upon but can the volume of a patch be saved in a preset?

egg

Post by egg » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:50 am

Scrap that, just realised it's in the new manual and it's all good.

evileye

Post by evileye » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:41 am

0netwo0netwo wrote:How do we reset to factory setting including the presets?

I accidentally saved a preset I made over an existing one from thr factory and im mad, I dont know if it was a cool preset or not

are we going to be able to recover them in the future, i couldnt find anything about it in the manual released

Thanks for your help!
Worse case scenario, I'm sure someone here, including myself, would be happy to send you a SysEx of that one preset.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:19 am

0netwo0netwo wrote:How do we reset to factory setting including the presets?
The INIT SETTINGS tool in the GLOBAL MENU will set all your MIDI and GLOBAL settings to the default.

But the factory presets are not built into the system and are not recallable. They're just presets from a SysEx file.

PM me with the preset you're missing and I'll make a BUFFER SND SysEx dump of it and mail it to you.

I imagine before long Moog will have a SysEx file available online.

Once you get yours fixed you can do an ALL PRESETS SysEx dump to save them.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:27 am

egg wrote:Sorry if already been touched upon but can the volume of a patch be saved in a preset?
Hi egg,

I know you've already found it, but I wanted to mention to the forum that there are actually two places relating to the stored preset volume.

In the PRESET EDIT MENU there is a parameter called PRESET VOLUME. Think of this as a tool that allows your preset to live in the same volume range as other presets. It goes from 0% to 100% (crucial if you're going crazy with FEEDBACK and MULTIDRIVE).

Plus, if you have PRESET VOL turned ON in the GLOBAL MENU, the preset will also store the current position of the OUTPUT VOLUME knob at the time you pressed SAVE.

Be forewarned: There will be times (at first) when you think the synth has stopped responding to the VOLUME knob and MODULATION wheel. But it will be because you're partway into the SAVE routine and both of those controllers have been frozen until you finish all the SAVE steps (or abort saving).
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

egg

Post by egg » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:25 am

Ah that's good to know.

jido-genshi

Post by jido-genshi » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:17 pm

So, has anyone else experienced any bugs yet? I have one major, 80% crash when I call up the patch "Boom Bah" (bank 3, patch 13). Almost every time I go to it, it plays one single note continuously and all the lights light up and you can't do anything at all; can't play other notes, can't switch to another patch, can't change the sound, nothing. The only recourse is turning off the synth and turning it back on. Only in two out of ten instances did it play the sequenced patch properly.

I've had the synth lock up a couple of other times with patches that have low bass and sequences programmed in them, but I was able to just switch to a different patch, but with Boom Bah, it seems to lock up the entire synth. Very strange...

My mid-300s serial numbered Sub 37 did arrive with Firmware 1.0.1 on it. Hopefully this is a known issue already addressed in the forthcoming 1.0.2 update? (I did contact Moog Tech Support and got an immediate response. They're going to see if they can replicate the bug.)

jo azaredo

Re: Sub 37 - Questions. Midi clock sync

Post by jo azaredo » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:57 pm

I tried syncing my sub 37 to my korg electribe,I cannot get the sub to follow the Korg in sync. The sub just refuses to sync with the downbeat of the drum machine.
Has anyone else experienced this? Please assist.
Thanks. Jo

Xcuse this is my first post

jsumners

Post by jsumners » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:16 am

jido-genshi wrote:So, has anyone else experienced any bugs yet? I have one major, 80% crash when I call up the patch "Boom Bah" (bank 3, patch 13). Almost every time I go to it, it plays one single note continuously and all the lights light up and you can't do anything at all; can't play other notes, can't switch to another patch, can't change the sound, nothing. The only recourse is turning off the synth and turning it back on. Only in two out of ten instances did it play the sequenced patch properly.

I've had the synth lock up a couple of other times with patches that have low bass and sequences programmed in them, but I was able to just switch to a different patch, but with Boom Bah, it seems to lock up the entire synth. Very strange...

My mid-300s serial numbered Sub 37 did arrive with Firmware 1.0.1 on it. Hopefully this is a known issue already addressed in the forthcoming 1.0.2 update? (I did contact Moog Tech Support and got an immediate response. They're going to see if they can replicate the bug.)
Just tried it and Boom Bah played perfectly.