Sub 37 updated release date ?

Everything Sub.
JJ_IN_DA_UK

Re: Sub 37 updated release date ?

Post by JJ_IN_DA_UK » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:18 pm

Wow I thought I was eager to get mine through but it seems some people have become demented by the wait! I'm looking forward to when they do get across to the UK and my pre-order is processed. No point in getting agitated though - it'll get here when it gets here :D !
JJ

monokit

Post by monokit » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:28 am

Sve wrote:You little guys, .... I don't remember asking any of you for opinion on my case!
Then why the bleep are you not making a phone call to Moog instead of posting on a public forum? I guess because you like to troll!

synthesis4all

Post by synthesis4all » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:30 am

all of you waiting on your synth, keep in mind that if the store changes the ship date that could mean for new pre-orders and not existing ones... Musicians Friend says 08/29/14 but mine has shipped out already from them.. :)

egg

Post by egg » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:42 am

Are you in the US though?

I doubt there will be multiple shipments to the same country a month apart. They would probably lump the pre orders in with the main stock allocated to that country.
Numerous orders around the US at different times would not cost the same as a shipment over seas.

Sve

Post by Sve » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:49 pm

monokit wrote: Then why the bleep are you not making a phone call to Moog instead of posting on a public forum? I guess because you like to troll!
I gave them a call a couple of times, as I mentioned in my previous post. I've also emailed them multiple times with no response at all. Both times I spoke on the phone with the same lady, which she didn't even pronounce her name and both times she wouldn't give me any info about UK shipping. She was like "Umm I don't know" and I'm like: "Well, could you have a word with someone who does? Can you let me know, if I give you my contact details?", then she took my contact details, didn't hear from her for a month, I've sent tons of emails, then I called her again and we had the exact same pointless conversation.

All I'm trying to say to Moog is that you can't simply ignore your customers! I'm sure Bob wouldn't be proud of the way you treat the ones who pay you! You can't ignore customers after putting them to wait for months! The synths are great, but the customer service is 0.

greenborder

Post by greenborder » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:57 pm

Well saying customer service is 0 is quite harsh, I agree an estimate would be nice but it seems the demand is higher than moog expected and are overwhelmed. Would be better if they called you back though.

I pre-ordered one in January (from the Netherlands) and my retailer is estimating mine for next week, but I expect another pushback based on the word on the streets, we'll see.

Either way I think you are being very sensitive and emotional, you pre-ordered based on a prototype with no hard shipment date. You mentioned it screwed up your plans but it sounds a bit naive to do this based on a loose estimate for a non-finished product, especially if you are overseas.

Good luck with the wait, let us know when you get it.

synthesis4all

Post by synthesis4all » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:42 pm

Yea I'm in the US. I would say to those waiting, I was patiently waiting for this to arrive and the more I stressed it, the more it seemed to be out of reach and or delayed. Think of it as it will arrive for you when the time is right. Mine arrived today and I had to fight the urge of treating it like a fragile piece of priceless art more than a synth.. Its worth the wait. :D Contact who you ordered it from and just find out more, but I think Moog is doing all they can to get these out to the people.

B3 guy

Post by B3 guy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:46 pm

jido-genshi wrote: I got sick of waiting since Guitar Center (which I had a pre-order with for months) had changed the date once again from August 1st, to August 8th, to now August 21st. So I canceled my pre-order and bought it from Noisebug in Pomona California. They actually had 11 in stock! Should be arriving any minute now! :D As it turns out, a couple of the smaller shops actually have them in stock here in the U.S. I know a couple of people who bought theirs from Humbucker Music, in Georgia I think. Just got to check around.
Good advice. I was at least 6 weeks out (probably more) at one of the big chains. I typed in "Moog Sub 37 shopping" into Google this afternoon and placed my order at Austin Bazzar Music within 3 minutes. Even got a discount. It should be here next Thursday. :D
Last edited by B3 guy on Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

tonpres

Post by tonpres » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:16 am

JJ_IN_DA_UK wrote:Wow I thought I was eager to get mine through but it seems some people have become demented by the wait! I'm looking forward to when they do get across to the UK and my pre-order is processed. No point in getting agitated though - it'll get here when it gets here :D !
JJ
Just got an email from them Production Room ( Leeds ):

'' Hi L,

Thanks for the email. Moog have informed us that we are looking at September time now for the first batch. Of course, if we have any new information we will pass it on to you as we hear it. Suffice to say, it will be worth the wait! Thanks again - I will be in touch soon.

Best regards,

Richard Lee ''

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:07 pm

My Sub 37 target delivery date just got pushed back from end of August to "maybe" mid September :cry: At least I have my Sub P to keep me busy. Any info on poly chaining the Sub 37 to the Sub P? I assume an OS upgrade will be needed?

abc47

Post by abc47 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:55 am

The Australian Moog distributor only go the Theremini about 3 months after it was released in US.
I'm expecting the same sort of delay for Sub37.
I very mush doubt, the fact I pre-ordered in the beginning of Feb would make any difference to Moogs priority for supplying distributors...
Its not going to help anyone if I start harassing for dates... Moog arnt going to work faster or supply different suppliers based on who's making the most noise. The internal schedule which they are making these against, is exactly that 'internal'...

I'd prefer they took there time to make the synth quality & that I'll never need to return it due to they rushing & screwing up a solder point or something.

monokit

Post by monokit » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:09 am

My dealer here in Germany says 30th September. They didnt say the year though... :twisted:

madhermit

Post by madhermit » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:15 am

abc47 wrote:The Australian Moog distributor only go the Theremini about 3 months after it was released in US.
I'm expecting the same sort of delay for Sub37.
I very mush doubt, the fact I pre-ordered in the beginning of Feb would make any difference to Moogs priority for supplying distributors...
Its not going to help anyone if I start harassing for dates... Moog arnt going to work faster or supply different suppliers based on who's making the most noise. The internal schedule which they are making these against, is exactly that 'internal'...

I'd prefer they took there time to make the synth quality & that I'll never need to return it due to they rushing & screwing up a solder point or something.
100% this!
And they will probably find ways to manufacture the synth a little bit better and better as they go too.
J. Dickinson
{MF-104m, Sub37}

mr-emulator

Post by mr-emulator » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:11 pm

The store i preordered has been pushed back derlivery estimates from "today" to October 2nd. yay :roll: Glad i still have a Sub Phatty and my Streichfett arrived a couple of days ago wich keeps me happy for now. :wink:

jido-genshi

Post by jido-genshi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:22 pm

mr-emulator wrote:The store i preordered has been pushed back derlivery estimates from "today" to October 2nd. yay :roll: Glad i still have a Sub Phatty and my Streichfett arrived a couple of days ago wich keeps me happy for now. :wink:
You must be in Europe, yes? See, U.S. manufacturer Moog delivers to U.S. first. German manufacturer Waldorf delivers to Europe first (can't get a Streichfett in the U.S. yet.) So it all evens out... :wink: