Sub 37 updated release date ?

Everything Sub.
Voltor07

Re: Sub 37 updated release date ?

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:31 pm

psynthetic wrote:Im terrified of getting a modular thing going on.. got a bit of an addictive personality, i'd get myself into trouble.
"Here, try this LFO module, the first one's free" 8)

6 months later.. i'm found dead under a pile of patch cables..

I think i'll stick with performance synths :lol:
I made a rule...after my 32 space cabinet is full, no more modules. We'll see how well that goes. Only time will tell.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:26 am

psynthetic wrote:Im terrified of getting a modular thing going on.. got a bit of an addictive personality, i'd get myself into trouble.
"Here, try this LFO module, the first one's free" 8)

6 months later.. i'm found dead under a pile of patch cables..

I think i'll stick with performance synths :lol:
:lol:

I'm quite in the same boat actually.

I've played a Nord G2 for years (hybrid: hardware synth with virtual modular inside, wonderful instrument), first spending hours patching and more recently just playing a NordLead-like patch only.

When I started getting interested in hardware modular, I remembered how easy it was to add an LFO to my patch in the G2, and I had that epiphany: with hardware, I would have to buy another LFO...

Despite the fact I'm not afraid of limiting myself in the sake of creativity, I don't trust myself enough to go modular: I know I would want everything good and new, I know I wouldn't be able to conciliate music making and patch for technical trials. So I rather keep myself playing with fixed architectures, or at most semi-modular set-ups. I'm too weak :|

evileye

Post by evileye » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:10 am

I have to say, I jumped in with both feet into the modular world. That was a little over a year ago. Frankly I love it. However, I have spent a ton of money of modules (Eurorack) and a ton of time in research and learning. I love the unique sounds I can create with a true modular system. I do music only for a hobby so I'm never under the gun to produce tracks. That's a good thing because boy does a modular suck me in for hours.

I did put a bit of a cap on myself, dictated a by space available. 15U x 84hp is pretty much my maximum. I'm about 90% full. While I can see me exchanging modules (a frequent modular 'dilemma') I seriously doubt I'll go any larger. I do try to buy most of my modules used and there is a good market for used modules so I can usually turn them into cash without losing any money.

All that being said, I have a fine appreciation for a fixed architecture, especially one whose interface is well designed. On top of the Moog sound, that's the main reason I bought the Sub 37. One button/knob one function is always high on my list. In the 5 days I've owned it, it hasn't disappointed one bit.

Lymtronics

Post by Lymtronics » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:49 am

I'm loving mine so far. I had an interesting idea that might be possible in an OS update. Multiple modulation destinations for mod 1 and mod 2- press the destination button to select destination then turn knob to set amount for each target and not just one. Active mod destinations show a flickering led, selected destination has a steady led, and holding the button clears all modulation for the slot. Too confusing?

I've also had some fun with hard sync and duo mode. You are able to play the slave oscillator as keyboard controlled timbral modification while playing melodically with the other hand. Adding glide is also interesting.

aisling

Post by aisling » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:01 pm

:D just got my ship confirmation from sweetwater

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:40 am

aisling wrote::D just got my ship confirmation from sweetwater
YAY! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

egg

Post by egg » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:12 am

I really hope that the early European orders start to move along soon and Sweetwater has not earmarked the whole early batches.
I'm literally gagging.

Sihaz

Post by Sihaz » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:02 am

egg wrote:I really hope that the early European orders start to move along soon and Sweetwater has not earmarked the whole early batches.
I'm literally gagging.
Sometimes the waiting is the best bit, but somehow I think this one isn't going to disappoint :-)

egg

Post by egg » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:08 am

Don't get me wrong, I love the hype and the excitement but I really want this in my hands and want to use it as my main live synth as I don't like taking my Teisco110f out. (Both Duophonic)

JonLukas

Post by JonLukas » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:55 am

Firmware 1.0.1 was posted today.

I wonder if they were holding back some shipments until they could get that firmware loaded...?
Pianoteq, Guda KickR, Drumaxx, Diva, Pigments, Flow Motion, Kontakt, Omnisphere 2, StudioLogic SL73, MainStage, Logic Pro X.
Downtempo performed live: http://echofabric.com

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:59 pm

JonLukas wrote:Firmware 1.0.1 was posted today.

I wonder if they were holding back some shipments until they could get that firmware loaded...?
That's plausible.

egg

Post by egg » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:33 am

Word from my UK distro and it could be 6 weeks :(
Pre-ordered middle of Feb.
Oh well, I imagined the US would be priority.
It's going to be hard seeing everyone getting theirs way before.

rbmusic

Post by rbmusic » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:16 pm

my UK distributor confirmed mine will arrive in second week in august and they feel thats a definite. cant wait!!! so close now.

Dapifer

Post by Dapifer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:04 pm

Who is your U.K distributer?

Sve

Post by Sve » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:01 pm

Dapifer wrote:Who is your U.K distributer?
mine UK distributor is Andertons and they've said at least 30th of August... :? and I've preordered it on 10th of February