Sub 37 updated release date ?

Everything Sub.
JonLukas

Sub 37 updated release date ?

Post by JonLukas » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:42 pm

Hi,

I noticed that on the B+H web site, the Sub 37 is now listed as shipping in November (not May or June as expected). In an online chat, it was told that the first shipments to B+H, and to everyone else, are delayed until November.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... e_ltd.html

Has anyone else heard this? Any evidence to the contrary? Guitar Center and Sweetwater still show a May shipping date, but perhaps they simply have not updated their sites yet.

It would be great to have a statement from Moog on the status of this....
Last edited by JonLukas on Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pianoteq, Guda KickR, Drumaxx, Diva, Pigments, Flow Motion, Kontakt, Omnisphere 2, StudioLogic SL73, MainStage, Logic Pro X.
Downtempo performed live: http://echofabric.com

stewthom

Re: Sub 37 updated release date: November ?

Post by stewthom » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:46 pm

Maybe the first batch of orders is all going to places like Sweetwater and MF, so other dealers have to wait?

kingfriday

Post by kingfriday » Thu May 01, 2014 1:26 pm

Yes, it would be very helpful to know this. I was about to place a pre-order with B&H but I won't do it if I have to wait till November. Not about to drop $1500 to wait 7 more months.

kingfriday

Post by kingfriday » Thu May 01, 2014 1:54 pm

I just spoke with a Sweetwater representative, and he said they are expected to ship in May/Jun, however all the units are spoken for. This means that anyone placing a pre-order now will not receive their unit until Fall at the earliest. My guess is this will be the case with most major retailers.

Poptones

Post by Poptones » Thu May 01, 2014 2:03 pm

I've heard from Sweetwater that they are going to get one of the first batches. They also told me that Moog is doing a smaller production run first, which means that they will produce the greater amount of Sub 37s after May (not really surprising). But even if you would preorder one at Sweetwater right now, you wouldn't get it before September. At least that's what they said with regard to their waiting list.
Beta Test Info:
macOS 10.12.6 | Ableton Live Suite 10 | plug-in format: AU | current Moog gear: MF-104M Analog Delay, Minitaur, Sub 37 Tribute Edition

Poptones

Post by Poptones » Thu May 01, 2014 2:05 pm

Sorry, kingfriday, you were faster... :wink:
Beta Test Info:
macOS 10.12.6 | Ableton Live Suite 10 | plug-in format: AU | current Moog gear: MF-104M Analog Delay, Minitaur, Sub 37 Tribute Edition

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 pm

Well, it looks like a Christmas present for me now instead of fun in the sun. That's what I get for procrastinating on the pre-order.

Poptones

Post by Poptones » Thu May 01, 2014 7:29 pm

Bald Eagle wrote:Well, it looks like a Christmas present for me now instead of fun in the sun. That's what I get for procrastinating on the pre-order.
In case they won't ship it before June, you can have mine, since I'll be travelling for 2 months then. :wink:
Beta Test Info:

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu May 01, 2014 11:03 pm

Try NovaMusik in Milwaukee.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

PsychNerD

Post by PsychNerD » Thu May 01, 2014 11:15 pm

I pre-ordered mine in january from B&H and asked them if this new date only applies to new pre-orders. Will keep you updated with their answer...

kingfriday

Post by kingfriday » Fri May 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Spoke with B&H as well, they said November, period. Canceled my preOrder with them.

Spoke with NovaMusik, and they said all of batch 1 is spoken for but they'll get back to me to see when they 2nd batch is coming in. The rep said he thinks it will be well before fall.

PatMcM

Post by PatMcM » Fri May 02, 2014 2:00 pm

MOOG Audio here in Montreal just e-mailed me saying "The Sub-37 is expected to ship starting early August 2014." I pre-ordered the day it was revealed, for what it's worth.
Sub 37 Tribute Edition, Taurus 3 Bass Pedals, Etherwave Theremin, Concertmate MG-1

PsychNerD

Post by PsychNerD » Fri May 02, 2014 4:39 pm

Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

Unfortunately the ETA of November applies to all of the pre-orders as this is the information we have received form the manufacturer on when they will start shipping. You were the first one to place an order with us which means you will be the first one to get a piece when it comes in. I do apologize if this has caused you any inconvenience.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.
That's pretty much it. Canceled my preorder too. Too bad, I was first.

Dapifer

Post by Dapifer » Fri May 02, 2014 6:38 pm

My retailer in the U.K (Gear4Music) sent me an email today saying they had been delayed until the end of June. I did pre-order a few months back though so maybe it is a case of a small run of the first lot. They said they were the 1st retailers in the U.K to be getting them, so hoping this is the 1st batch coming in JuneJuly.

modoc_333

Post by modoc_333 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:42 pm

I work for a dealer. We were under the impression when we ordered that they would show up early summer. i guess i need to check in on it. I will see what i can find out next week. that's certainly a long lead time. i wonder if they just got too many pre-orders, or if there is a problem with production???
-Keith

Guitars at Bailey Brothers Music... Birmingham, AL