Sub 37 updated release date ?

Everything Sub.
egg

Re: Sub 37 updated release date ?

Post by egg » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:06 am

I think it's just a case of pre orders not really meaning anything other than you should have a guaranteed synth from the main shipment to whatever country. seems they didn't want to ship a bunch of pre orders and then ship the main supply later costing more money.
No one outside of the US has a change at a cool low serial number. It will probably be getting into 4 figures by the time europe see them. (not that serial numbers actually matter, although No.2 is really cool)

synthesis4all

Post by synthesis4all » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:35 pm

New updated ship date.. was 08/21/14, now all sites have changed to 09/01/14, I just hope by then they include the manuals, newest firmware, and quality control these units in regards to the left panel light and keybeds... If such is the case I am fine waiting a little longer... :P

jido-genshi

Post by jido-genshi » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:55 pm

synthesis4all wrote:New updated ship date.. was 08/21/14, now all sites have changed to 09/01/14, I just hope by then they include the manuals, newest firmware, and quality control these units in regards to the left panel light and keybeds... If such is the case I am fine waiting a little longer... :P
I got sick of waiting since Guitar Center (which I had a pre-order with for months) had changed the date once again from August 1st, to August 8th, to now August 21st. So I canceled my pre-order and bought it from Noisebug in Pomona California. They actually had 11 in stock! Should be arriving any minute now! :D As it turns out, a couple of the smaller shops actually have them in stock here in the U.S. I know a couple of people who bought theirs from Humbucker Music, in Georgia I think. Just got to check around.

synthesis4all

Post by synthesis4all » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:39 am

My Musicians Friend pre-order shipped out today... 08/13/14 :D

jido-genshi

Post by jido-genshi » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:56 pm

synthesis4all wrote:My Musicians Friend pre-order shipped out today... 08/13/14 :D
You are going to love it! I spent all night playing with it; created a couple of new patches as well. It is a thing of beauty! Here it is in it's new home. Sits very well with my other synths -

Sve

Post by Sve » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:18 am

shipping date updated: 30 September

is this a f****** joke already ?!!?!?! I've preordered it in f****** January !!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x

Moog, come on, this is a f***** mockery to your UK customers!!!!

madhermit

Post by madhermit » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:26 am

My Canadian dealer has given me an end of October estimate. I pre-ordered in January also. I suspect Moog are doing the first bunch of batches domestically only. Perhaps it is to sort out any manufacturing glitches where defective units don't have to be shipped back from around the world?
J. Dickinson
{MF-104m, Sub37}

monokit

Post by monokit » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:39 am

I think so too. Announcement in Jan and delivery in Oct/Nov is not so bad actually. Dont forget this is a small company, not a multibillion dollar brand like Samsung or Apple. They have to calculate sharper and if one deliverer of a special piece of electronic is not delivering on time, Moog has to wait and stop the production. Samsung has more than one deliverer, because they can afford this.

Dapifer

Post by Dapifer » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:53 am

A bit of communication would be nice tho', that's what pisses me off most in these situations. My retailers still showing 02/09/14 but I'm guessing that'll change any day now.

Sve

Post by Sve » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:53 am

it doesn't matter that it is not a multibillion company like samsung, etc.!

there's nothing to justify that initial shipping date announcement of May and then postponing slowly every single month for 5 months, I'm sorry but this is a mockery already!

I don't care if this is a marketing trick in order to generate money from pre-orders and basically manufacture the synths with those money, or whatever, but this is extremely unprofessional and unfair to the customers!

And the silence from Moog's side???? I think you owe us all an apology AT LEAST, not to mention that some companies are doing compensations when such things happen!
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

jsumners

Post by jsumners » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:29 am

Sve wrote:it doesn't matter that it is not a multibillion company like samsung, etc.!

there's nothing to justify that initial shipping date announcement of May and then postponing slowly every single month for 5 months, I'm sorry but this is a mockery already!

I don't care if this is a marketing trick in order to generate money from pre-orders and basically manufacture the synths with those money, or whatever, but this is extremely unprofessional and unfair to the customers!

And the silence from Moog's side???? I think you owe us all an apology AT LEAST, not to mention that some companies are doing compensations when such things happen!
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Orders are shipping. Presumably in a "first come first serve" order. That is, if the store you ordered it from ordered after another store then the other store will get theirs first. It could also be that Moog fulfills USA orders first, but I'm not going to guess one way or the other on that.

Fact of the matter is, Moog is shipping and your tone is uncalled for. You pre-ordered a limited edition synthesizer from a small manufacturer. Not only that, you pre-ordered a synth that has a very high demand. You should have expected delays from the get go.

Moog is under no obligation to give information about shipping estimates to anyone other than the people that directly ordered from them. Since you ordered from a third-party retailer, you should be railing at them to get more information.

egg

Post by egg » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:37 am

Well, yeah there is no need to get so irate that you look like a brat. But... I do feel your frustration.
I don't mind the push backs in general as I want a working machine not a rushed beta and i'm happy to wait my turn in a "first come first served" process. But, that is not what's happening as far as I can tell. The fact that people in the US can walk into a shop and pick one up kinda makes it sore. I pre ordered in Feb and am so excited I could piss but it really is deflating knowing that because there is water between us that we matter less.
I sent an email to moog last month for some info and I got nothing back at all. I imagine they have been getting a lot and some as pissy as the dude above but it's a shame not to even get a copy and paste message of an update.

As you were.

monokit

Post by monokit » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:26 am

A friend of mine preordered a MOTM 5U Midi Interface in 2006...he got it delivered in 2011...so announced shipment was May, now we have August they are shipping, but not to your place and not to my place (i preordered in Jan as well, and my dealer told me right away, he dont know when.). That is pnly a three months delay, not bad. Could be worse...see above.

I guess...The Tribute Edition was supposed to be limited, but they got SO many preorders, that they need to get the quantities in batches done. Plus they need to prepare production for the Stage Edition too.

Sve

Post by Sve » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:08 pm

You little guys, I mean the ones who are happy to wait for ages, that's your problem, I don't remember asking any of you for opinion on my case! You've no idea how many of my plans (and not only) had to be changed because of that ridiculous postponing. And I don't care about examples of how long other people had been waiting on various products! Is this something cool to wait for 3 or 4 years or something that you're proud of?

I don't know if I'm more pissed off because of getting no answer or all that delay. I've asked multiple times by email, but got no response, I've been calling at Moog's office and talked to some very ignorant lady a couple of times, which is more than unprofessional! I've been their customer for years!

All I want is a clear answer from Moog about when they are going to be shipping the Sub 37 in the UK, a real shipping date?

madhermit

Post by madhermit » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:59 pm

User put on ignore list. WAY to angry, combative, and negative.
J. Dickinson
{MF-104m, Sub37}