Sub 37 updated release date ?

Everything Sub.
atxmrk

Re: Sub 37 updated release date ?

Post by atxmrk » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:40 pm

I called Moog Music early this week. They stated that pre-production would start mid-July and production hopefully in early August. As with every new Synth, it is prone to last minute delays.

Mike

synthesis4all

Post by synthesis4all » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:51 am

good call atxmrk - I got a mail from Amos, here is what he said...

units being built now, not sure who's getting the first ones; probably dealer demo units and marketing. Real production ramping up in earnest in the coming week or two. We are currently hoping to have shippable firmware & presets by end of next week/ the following Monday (beginning of July)
---------------------------------------------------------------
Musicians friend has also updated their new ship date to
08-08-2014

So looks like August it is...

:D

egg

Post by egg » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:29 am

Cool!

Tell Amos, or if he's lurking here... Don't worry about the presets. Keep them to a minimum not only to save time but because they are pointless. A handful for pointers for people learning etc but blank initial patches are far more useful on a synth like this.

Looking forward to this machine.

madhermit

Post by madhermit » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:37 pm

egg wrote:Cool!

Tell Amos, or if he's lurking here... Don't worry about the presets. Keep them to a minimum not only to save time but because they are pointless. A handful for pointers for people learning etc but blank initial patches are far more useful on a synth like this.

Disagree 100%. I like the jumping off points. Not pointless to me at all. Just overwrite them if you don't like them.
J. Dickinson
{MF-104m, Sub37}

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:18 am

madhermit wrote:
egg wrote:Cool!

Disagree 100%. I like the jumping off points. Not pointless to me at all. Just overwrite them if you don't like them.
+1 for the presets ... There were a lot of nice user contributed presets that came along with the Sub Phatty editor. Looking forward to the same for the Sub 37.

egg

Post by egg » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:39 am

Don't get me wrong, people need presets and i'm all for them to a degree. One bank of presets then leave the others blank. That's more than enough to get people going.

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:24 am

historically, presets can make or break a synth's sales success. never to be underrated.

not that i think the Sub 37 will need help it will sell like hotcakes...my order is already placed.

i wander if they are just making the "tribute" version first or if they are going to be making the "normal" Sub 37 version at the same time...

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:41 pm

what do you think the difference would be between a tribute and normal edition? Sonically it better be the same. Side panels and a sig, fine.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:15 am

Bald Eagle wrote:Side panels and a sig, fine.
This is the only difference I foresee. Most of the implementations are digital, unlike the Tribute Edition Little Phatty, where as much as possible was analog. To keep costs down on the LP, they had to digitize some of the analog stuffs. Hopefully, the computer is beefy enough to support future upgrades, unlike the LP Tribute Edition.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:02 pm

Hey Voltor,

Are you in line for a Sub37?

monokit

Post by monokit » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:19 pm

Wooden side panels helps the elektrons inside the Sub37 circuitry to swing in a more organic way, by creating a woody resonance feedback on quantum level (after the flux compensation theory by Dr. E. Brown, 1985), which is getting injected straight back into the oscillator signal path. Thats why the tribute will sound better than the regular stage version. Oh and the black color is absorbing any negative radicals, that are emitted by any gear aound the Sub37 and turned into fairy dust. So if you get your Sub 37 and it seems to collect dust...remember thats coming from the other gear...undust it with a swiffer from time to time, and you re ready to roll.

Poptones

Post by Poptones » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:03 am

monokit wrote:Wooden side panels helps the elektrons inside the Sub37 circuitry to swing in a more organic way, by creating a woody resonance feedback on quantum level (after the flux compensation theory by Dr. E. Brown, 1985), which is getting injected straight back into the oscillator signal path. Thats why the tribute will sound better than the regular stage version. Oh and the black color is absorbing any negative radicals, that are emitted by any gear aound the Sub37 and turned into fairy dust. So if you get your Sub 37 and it seems to collect dust...remember thats coming from the other gear...undust it with a swiffer from time to time, and you re ready to roll.
Maybe they should call the regular stage version "Sub Tinny".
Beta Test Info:
macOS 10.12.6 | Ableton Live Suite 10 | plug-in format: AU | current Moog gear: MF-104M Analog Delay, Minitaur, Sub 37 Tribute Edition

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:04 am

slabwax wrote:Hey Voltor,

Are you in line for a Sub37?
You betcha! Sold my LP to pay for it, too! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

abc47

Post by abc47 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:42 pm

Pre-order since Feb... the waiting.. the anticipation... its driving me nuts.....

Recently ordered a new car which has to be built - 3 month process... But they provide an online system where you can watch the progress all the way through manufacturing to shipping, customs & delivery to the dealer.

Wish Moog had this system :idea: :D