Sub 37 updated release date ?

Everything Sub.
Poptones

Re: Sub 37 updated release date ?

Post by Poptones » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:52 pm

Was the sequencer already working? (I mean in conjunction with the 16 preset knobs.)

Did you use the Oscillator's Pitch CVs as modulation sources for the LFOs, and if so, was the effect any different from keytracking?
Beta Test Info:
macOS 10.12.6 | Ableton Live Suite 10 | plug-in format: AU | current Moog gear: MF-104M Analog Delay, Minitaur, Sub 37 Tribute Edition

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:13 pm

OK... That sure was specific.
I'll try to type concise answers tonight or tomorrow.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Poptones

Post by Poptones » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:59 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:OK... That sure was specific.
I'll try to type concise answers tonight or tomorrow.
Ha! You asked for it. :wink:

One more question: Does the signal of the single oscillators still overdrive a bit if you turn them up fully (like on the Sub Phatty)? I'm asking because I'm curious whether they've added the Drive on top of that. (I guess that implies the question whether the signal of the single oscillators remains 'clean' when fully turned up now the Drive is implemented.)

Looking forward to your answers. Thanks!
Beta Test Info:
macOS 10.12.6 | Ableton Live Suite 10 | plug-in format: AU | current Moog gear: MF-104M Analog Delay, Minitaur, Sub 37 Tribute Edition

lushr

Post by lushr » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:46 pm

I think I was pretty clear that I don't mind a delay if there's some sort of transparency. Some clue as to what's going on or a realistic ETA. I don't care if they tell us October, because they're adding lots of features and want the OS just right before shipping. Or because parts are hard to source for X, or because demand was higher than expected. I just don't want to plan a weekend every month where I'm expecting to go pick it up and sort my finances in a nice little row, only to be told, no uh... Maybe in a month? We aren't sure? Maybe?

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:27 pm

So sort your finances and wait until you get a call. :wink:
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:33 pm

Voltor07 wrote:I'm betting the first KE modular ships first. Moog is a small company with Amos as the main guy doing the work. If he's building modules hand-wired instead of Sub 37's, it could be another three months at least before we start seeing the first Sub 37's roll out.

I don't know if he is the main guy anymore....they supposedly expanded their staff when they got into the new building. It doesn't seem necessary that the entire lot is devoted to those modulars, according to someone who I won't name that used to make NOS modular clones, if you wanted a modular from 1974 onwards he was the one that built them. So Gene Stopp and another probably is all they will need I'm assuming.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:39 am

Sweetwater still tells me my delivery date is September ... if it misses by a bit I don't care ... it will get here when they are ready ... if not, there will be something else by then to consider

breun

Post by breun » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:28 am

Poptones wrote: One more question: Does the signal of the single oscillators still overdrive a bit if you turn them up fully (like on the Sub Phatty)? I'm asking because I'm curious whether they've added the Drive on top of that. (I guess that implies the question whether the signal of the single oscillators remains 'clean' when fully turned up now the Drive is implemented.)
When you say Drive, do you refer to the MultiDrive feature? AFAIK on the Sub Phatty MultiDrive is post-filter and the mixer drive (oscillator volume past noon) is pre-filter.

Poptones

Post by Poptones » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:47 am

breun wrote:
Poptones wrote: One more question: Does the signal of the single oscillators still overdrive a bit if you turn them up fully (like on the Sub Phatty)? I'm asking because I'm curious whether they've added the Drive on top of that. (I guess that implies the question whether the signal of the single oscillators remains 'clean' when fully turned up now the Drive is implemented.)
When you say Drive, do you refer to the MultiDrive feature? AFAIK on the Sub Phatty MultiDrive is post-filter and the mixer drive (oscillator volume past noon) is pre-filter.
I meant the pre-filter drive, the new one.
Beta Test Info:

breun

Post by breun » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:11 am

I don't expect the mixer overdrive to change from the way the Sub Phatty works. It's not a feature that's new with the Sub Phatty either AFAIK.

Poptones

Post by Poptones » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:24 am

breun wrote:I don't expect the mixer overdrive to change from the way the Sub Phatty works. It's not a feature that's new with the Sub Phatty either AFAIK.
Sorry, I was using the wrong parameter name. Of course I was talking about the Feedback. My fault.
Beta Test Info:

breun

Post by breun » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Ah, right. I believe the effect of the Feedback feature is supposed to be similar to the old Minimoog output-to-external-input trick?

http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/feedba ... minimoogs/

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Poptones wrote:Was the sequencer already working? (I mean in conjunction with the 16 preset knobs.)
OK, at the time of GearFest, the Step Sequencer, on the prototype SUB 37, allowed me to record up to 64 steps, including Ties and Rests.

If by "preset knobs" you meant "preset buttons", I don't recall that they were working yet. I believe the idea is that you will be able to select and edit an individual step by using four Banks of 16 buttons to select any particular one of the 64 steps for editing.

In Duo mode, I believe you will be able to have two independent notes per step.

Once recorded, the Step Sequence is transposed by the keyboard. "Middle C" = no transposition, and the sequence will go up or down from there based on which key you use to trigger the Step Sequence.
Last edited by _DemonDan_ on Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:11 pm

Poptones wrote:Did you use the Oscillator's Pitch CVs as modulation sources for the LFOs, and if so, was the effect any different from keytracking?
At GearFest, the prototype SUB 37 didn't have a functioning display screen, so... only the MOD Sources and Destinations listed on the front panel were available.

I was able to modulate the LFO rate on MOD 1 via MOD 2, and vice versa. I tried geometric waveshapes, Random, and Filter Envelope.

All seemed to modulate the LFO Rate in the expected way. If Keytracking and/or Note # becomes one of the MOD Sources available in the Display Screen, I expect that it will also do what you'd want it to do.
Last edited by _DemonDan_ on Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:14 pm

Poptones wrote: Does the signal of the single oscillators still overdrive a bit if you turn them up fully (like on the Sub Phatty)? I'm asking because I'm curious whether they've added the Drive on top of that. (I guess that implies the question whether the signal of the single oscillators remains 'clean' when fully turned up now the Drive is implemented.)
MIXER knobs at 12:00 are considered full volume with no distortion.
Going beyond 12:00 adds distortion independent of MultiDrive and Feedback.