Sub 37 updated release date ?

Everything Sub.
psynthetic

Re: Sub 37 updated release date: November ?

Post by psynthetic » Mon May 12, 2014 5:00 am

Definently not the most versatile.. although some of those leads are super lush. (Taurus Sonix patch is lovely)

the MIDI performance is a bit disillusioning… but it does have some great live features to make up for it and I haven't given up hope for an eventual "final fix"..

I don't wanna hijack this thread anymore, but i've had some ideas for the the T3's arp that i'd really like to see implemented down the track, you should take a look here and see what you think, i'd love some feedback/support from some fellow T3 owners on this one :)

http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21692

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Wed May 21, 2014 10:08 am

Just put in my order for a Sub 37 with Sweetwater. I have a tentative ship date of September. It's going to be a long summer waiting for this.

U-Men

Post by U-Men » Wed May 21, 2014 5:28 pm

Hi,

According to an email from the local dealer (Keymusic Belgium) the Sub 37 pre-order should be here in store this month. But i read on several forums that this will not be the case. I'll wait patiently :roll:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri May 23, 2014 1:40 am

My Sweetwater rep said they'll start shipping in July...but then, I also ordered as soon as I found out about it. Can't wait! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Sihaz

Post by Sihaz » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:59 am

so we begin another month - I wonder if any sub 37's will leave the factory this month? :-)

simc

Post by simc » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:03 am

I've been notified by my shop that they're still expecting end of June. Who knows though, it's all hearsay until the actual manufacturers say it.

lushr

Re: Sub 37 updated release date ?

Post by lushr » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:41 am

I was one of the first to put down money on the sub 37 at the main dealer in Australia. Their website had the date 20th of june, but now they're saying end of July. But they really don't seem to know, and they assure me my money is down for the limited edition.

What disappoints me is the lack of response here from Moog, the lack of transparency. big companies like Korg get the excuse that there are so many little pieces to the puzzle in making and delivering, but moog does all the manufacturing locally, or that's how it's presented. And they ship directly to the shop I buy from, no middle man other than the actual shipping company.

I can't see why we can't be treated like adults and have the issue explained to us so that we can understand why the delay. I don't know anyone that has the instrument yet, so I assume it's a manufacturing issue. Perhaps trying to get the volume out at once rather than playing a preference game. But I thought this was limited edition? Surely at a certain point you hit the limit and there are no more?

I have a very large deposit which has been sitting for months in the stores bank account, and I was happy until today when I find that even my very well connected friends basically have no idea when these things will come in.

I will continue to wait happily if I am treated like an adult, like an investor, which I essentially am, and am told the gist of what's going on, and when to expect an ETA to become clear. This would help my budget too, I'd be disappointed if a business treated my business this way, it makes balancing accounts very difficult.

simc

Post by simc » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:49 am

lushr wrote:I was one of the first to put down money on the sub 37 at the main dealer in Australia. Their website had the date 20th of june, but now they're saying end of July. But they really don't seem to know, and they assure me my money is down for the limited edition.
Is this from Awave, lushr?

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:49 am

Call me an overoptimistic or a child but I tend to think people do their best. The experience tends to indicate the guys at MoogMusic pay attention to their customers (I have to say I almost never use MIDI, VST integration etc so I have not experience software issues...).

I guess there is a good reason why the Sub37 release is delayed, and another good reason why MoogMusic does not communicate about it through forums.

But hey, to each his own vision.

In EU, I heared the initial delivery date was June 18th and has just been postponed to August 15th... Same here.

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:04 pm

Lushr,

If you trust Moog enough to do a pre-order, then you should have patience.

Some of us pre-ordered the Taurus III pedals and waited well over a year for it and it was a long time before we even got to see what the product looked like or what features it had. And THEN there was a shipping delay or two.

Would you rather them rush their stuff out or take the time necessary to get it right when it comes out? I can see people complaining about shipping delays and then turning around and complaining that the earliest units are buggy.

Some people on gearsluts are wondering what will ship first, the 37 or the DSI Pro 2.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

jsumners

Post by jsumners » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:48 pm

EricK wrote:Lushr,

If you trust Moog enough to do a pre-order, then you should have patience.

Some of us pre-ordered the Taurus III pedals and waited well over a year for it and it was a long time before we even got to see what the product looked like or what features it had. And THEN there was a shipping delay or two.

Would you rather them rush their stuff out or take the time necessary to get it right when it comes out? I can see people complaining about shipping delays and then turning around and complaining that the earliest units are buggy.

Some people on gearsluts are wondering what will ship first, the 37 or the DSI Pro 2.
Agreed. And I'm betting the Pro 2 ships first.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:46 pm

I'm betting the first KE modular ships first. Moog is a small company with Amos as the main guy doing the work. If he's building modules hand-wired instead of Sub 37's, it could be another three months at least before we start seeing the first Sub 37's roll out.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:23 pm

monsieurx wrote:Other than the product page and those NAMM videos, is there any other info we can learn about it?
As the SUB 37 was available for public hands-on playing and questions at Sweetwater's 2014 GearFest,
I feel comfortable sharing any information that was available then.

What would you like to know?
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Poptones

Post by Poptones » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:29 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
monsieurx wrote:Other than the product page and those NAMM videos, is there any other info we can learn about it?
As the SUB 37 was available for public hands-on playing and questions at Sweetwater's 2014 GearFest,
I feel comfortable sharing any information that was available then.

What would you like to know?
The whole story, please. :mrgreen:
Beta Test Info:
macOS 10.12.6 | Ableton Live Suite 10 | plug-in format: AU | current Moog gear: MF-104M Analog Delay, Minitaur, Sub 37 Tribute Edition

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:45 pm

Specifics?
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _