SubPhatty's envelopes length

Everything Sub.
stiiiiiiive

SubPhatty's envelopes length

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:19 pm

Hey guys.

I've been using my bandmate's SubPhatty on a weekly basis for months now. It avoids me to bring my LP and have 50 lbs+ on my back when climbing up to its 5h floor flat in Paris ha.
One thing I have to complain about is the decay/release of the envelopes. I feel they are way shrorter than my LP's.

I once read that there was some kind of range setting but I could find it in th manual.
Did I invent that remembrance?...

breun

Re: SubPhatty's envelopes length

Post by breun » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:29 pm

According to the manuals the maximum decay and release times are 10 seconds for both synths.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:04 am

Uh?... Well I should have made some errors while setting the values then. I might have been fooled by the LEDless knobs of the SubPhatty.

I'll try again tomorrow, thanks for your input :)

wacopacco

Post by wacopacco » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:26 am

The env's do work a bit different on the Sub than on other synths I've tried. But yea, they can get to 10 seconds.

IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:04 am

stiiiive
You can also try the different envelope modes... short and long decay. Maybe it will help you to get the timings you want. :D
Moog Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition and Little Phatty Stage II | Elektron Analog Four and Analog Rytm | Mutable Instruments Ambika | Korg Minilogue

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:56 pm

I'm confused: if the envelopes are 10 sec max, what are those long/short decay modes?

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:17 pm

According to these extract of the manual:
PARAMETER: VELOCITY TO FILTER ENVELOPE DECAY/RELEASE
KNOB: FILTER ENVELOPE RELEASE Changing this setting lets you specify how much velocity affects the filter envelope’s decay and release times. To lengthen the decay and release in response to how hard you play on the keyboard, engage Shift mode and turn up the filter envelope’s RELEASE knob. The knob’s range is from 0 to 100%.

PARAMETER: AMPLIFIER ENVELOPE HOLD
KNOB: AMPLIFIER ENVELOPE DECAY Adding a hold stage to the amplifier envelope lets you specify a fixed delay between the attack and sustain stages, effectively turning an ADSR envelope into an AHDSR envelope. During this stage, the mixer output’s amplitude is held at its maximum value. By engaging Shift mode and turning the amplifier envelope’s DECAY knob, you can vary the envelope’s hold time from a minimum of 0 to a maximum of 10 seconds.

AMPLIFIER DECAY: Use this knob to specify the time it takes the mixer output’s amplitude to descend from its maximum level to its sustain level. Its value ranges from 1 millisecond to 10 seconds.

AMPLIFIER RELEASE: Use this knob to specify the time it takes the mixer output’s amplitude to descend from its sustain value to zero. Its value ranges from 1 millisecond to 10 seconds.
Where is th short/long mode?...

IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:13 pm

I don't rememore how to select it on the Sub, but there's a simple butim within the Editor.
There's probably a way to access it within the synth, but i really don't remember! Cheers!!
Moog Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition and Little Phatty Stage II | Elektron Analog Four and Analog Rytm | Mutable Instruments Ambika | Korg Minilogue