Sub Phatty's under the hood opt's saved to Presets?

Everything Sub.
Asymetrical

Sub Phatty's under the hood opt's saved to Presets?

Post by Asymetrical » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:11 pm

So I've got this thought today at work that tonight I'm thinking of saving my own presets of things like changing the filter poles.

My idea is to save each preset bank as a "blank" panel setting (Osc's turned down, Envelope open, etc....) the only difference would be things that are a pain to change under the hood. That way a simple turn of the knob would catch up to the current setting of the panel when you give them a nudge.

My thought was I don't really want to use the editor to change stuff and the option to press bank 4 + Active Panel went a bit wonky that last time I tried it I pressed some bad buttons and my sub phatty freaked out and sent this hot nasty noise signal down the line, I switched the unit off quickly and it restarted fine but I got scared and thought about there has to be other options, like setting up a MIDI controller to control those under the hood things. if that's possible without the editor? Maybe someone here can enlighten me.

Can anyone else suggest other things under the hood to play with changing.

Being that there are 16 presets I was thinking I use bank-1 for one-pole filter setting and bank-2 be 4 two-pole filter and so on.....

Sub phatty's my first synth so please excuse my limited knowledge....Thanks

wacopacco

Re: Sub Phatty's under the hood opt's saved to Presets?

Post by wacopacco » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:23 am

Yea I don't see any reason why you can't do that. I sort of do it for the filter poles. 3 presets of the same sound just different poles.
Should be doable just fine.

Bald Eagle

Re: Sub Phatty's under the hood opt's saved to Presets?

Post by Bald Eagle » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:11 pm

You might want to look at the hidden parameters for filter envelope, amp envelope and LFO. You might find some useful features there.