Sub Phatty edtor in Logic Pro X

Everything Sub.
bradtyler

Sub Phatty edtor in Logic Pro X

Post by bradtyler » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:58 pm

Can anyone please help me. I've had my Sub Phatty for ages now, but i cannot get the editor to work in Logic Pro X and it's driving me mad. I want to use the editor in Logic Pro so i can send midi to my Sub Phatty and record the sound, But i cannot, for the life of me, get it to work! :( i'm using an iMac 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 running 10 Mavericks and Logic Pro X. I have very little hair left, from all the pulling out I've been doing!!!

bradtyler

Re: Sub Phatty edtor in Logic Pro X

Post by bradtyler » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:47 pm

Please can someone run through setting up/using the Sub Phatty with Logic Pro X? I really cannot get it to work? Is there a manual for the editor anywhere? I've looked for online tutorials but no luck :cry:

radioland

Post by radioland » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:09 pm

Hey Brad

What exactly is your problem? Can you open the editor in Logic, but not control anything with it? Or can`t you even open it? One mistake that got me wondering for a while was that right when I created a new track I chose "audio" instead of "external midi". Only with "external midi" you can control your Sub Phatty with the editor.
Did you connect the audio and USB cables correctly?
I have no problems whatsoever with my 2009 Macbook Pro running Mavericks and Logic Pro X.

I`m not exactly the pro to help you, but I hope you can work it out soon.

radioland
Sub Phatty, MF-101, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-107 (3), MF-108M, CP-251 (2), EP-2, Gibson Les Paul Studio 60s Tribute, Fender 50s Precision Bass, EBS Valve Drive, Lehle Sunday Driver, EHX Big Muff Pi, EHX Stereo Pulsar, TC Electronic Trinity Reverb, Logic Pro X

beoleTM

Post by beoleTM » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi there,

in my case:

new software synthesizer channel - choose as plugin external instrument - setup midi channel and audio input.
the you can play the sub phatty over lpx. the just choose the editor as an insert fx ...

hope this helps!

bradtyler

Post by bradtyler » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:26 am

Thank you so much for your help with this guys! I now have it working (WAHOOOOOOOOO)! I can see lots of fun coming from this now.

radioland

Post by radioland » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:31 pm

Glad to hear that! It`s really a lot of fun - I just recently spent half an evening just with the Sub and Logic`s Arpeggiator...

cheers, radioland
Sub Phatty, MF-101, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-107 (3), MF-108M, CP-251 (2), EP-2, Gibson Les Paul Studio 60s Tribute, Fender 50s Precision Bass, EBS Valve Drive, Lehle Sunday Driver, EHX Big Muff Pi, EHX Stereo Pulsar, TC Electronic Trinity Reverb, Logic Pro X