Sub37 Poly chain to my Sub Phatty PLEASE

Everything Sub.
cjolson80

Sub37 Poly chain to my Sub Phatty PLEASE

Post by cjolson80 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:18 am

Amos, (who is no doubt far too busy with NAMM to be able to actually read this) If you guys could find a way to make it so that the Sub37 could poly chain with the Sub Phatty... I would be able to justify keeping my Sub Phatty. That would give us the ability to play 3 part chords.

How does it go... "Poly chain Subs and I - jizz in my pants..."

Blackout

Re: Sub37 Poly chain to my Sub Phatty PLEASE

Post by Blackout » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:58 am

this feature could be crucial. it would stop the market from being flooded with Sub Phattys and devaluing the synth, because i am asure a lot of ppl would therefore keep their Sub Phatty. me included!

please consider seriously Moog!

Cheers,
Blackout

Fantastca

Post by Fantastca » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:32 am

Poly chain ability would be fantastic.
But no matter what I'm keeping my Sub Phatty. She's my mistress.
Moog Sub Phatty (firmware 2.1.12 beta, editor 1.1.0) | Ableton Live 9.7 | macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Ombossa

Post by Ombossa » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:40 pm

I agree! Polychain would be nice.

Not only with sub phatty but with Slim Phatty too would be really great as it wouldnt change my plan of getting multiple Slim for polyphony, and use the Sub37 as my main keyboard/first voice :twisted:

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:47 pm

Am I the only one who would like to see Moog also release a slim, no-knobs, rack version specifically for poly-chaining? With no pots or displays they could make them slim and inexpensive (thinner than the slim phatty), maybe sell for around $500. Fully programmed to sync perfectly with all the controls on the main board. Then, we could add as many voices as we wanted to our Sub37 in just a few rack spaces. For another $1500, you could have a 4 voice Moog taking up very little real estate. They could call them, Slim Subs, or something more clever.

Please, tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this is a great idea. :mrgreen:

Bertotti

Post by Bertotti » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:54 am

Seems like a good idea to me, I would suggest sub-liminals as the name.

Moog Music

Post by Moog Music » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:19 pm

Yes, in the future you WILL be able to polychain Sub 37 and Sub Phatty. Details coming soon.

-Your Friends at Moog

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Moog Music wrote:Yes, in the future you WILL be able to polychain Sub 37 and Sub Phatty. Details coming soon.

-Your Friends at Moog
Wow, great work Moog! :D

I have a (similar but different) Little/Slim Phatty poly-chain, and I can say that both the flexibility and sound of these modern 'Polymoogs' are massive!

At least with the Little/Slim Phatty poly-chain, such a system offers a bonus almost-modular aspect of running chained units in different configurations, such as:
- all polyphonic on the same or similar patch
- all stacked on one keypress with the same patch (massive 4 or more osc. saw basses etc.)
- all stacked on one keypress with different patches (poly-timbral atmospheres etc.)
- the option of controlling each unit's panel separately or controlling the slaved unit(s) with the primary unit's panel via MIDI (think opening multiple filter cutoffs from the primary unit, with each unit's filter set up differently)
- arpeggiations sending notes flying around to different units with possible different patches.

You get the picture. This is obviously all from my experience with the Little/Slim Phatty poly-chain - so it will be interesting to see how the possibilities of this new chain will compare..

David.
NZ
Last edited by David Smyth on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:28 pm

Poly chain Sub and Sub 37 :D :D :D

I was going to keep my Sub anyway .... This just makes it even sweeter. So do you end up with a poly/para ? I can't wait to find out.

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:24 am

Damn Moog you have gone and made ALL my dreams come true...first with the Sub 37 and now with the chaining!

Moog is the greatest synth company on earth.

(After Rolands latest and on-goingd digital debacle, including the latest with Aira you could well have one less synth manufacturer to have to compete with soon hehe)

Fantastca

Post by Fantastca » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:07 am

Moog Music wrote:Yes, in the future you WILL be able to polychain Sub 37 and Sub Phatty. Details coming soon.

-Your Friends at Moog
YES!!!!! Wonderful news!
Moog Sub Phatty (firmware 2.1.12 beta, editor 1.1.0) | Ableton Live 9.7 | macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Benzebub

Post by Benzebub » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:10 pm

namahshaman wrote:Am I the only one who would like to see Moog also release a slim, no-knobs, rack version specifically for poly-chaining? With no pots or displays they could make them slim and inexpensive (thinner than the slim phatty), maybe sell for around $500. Fully programmed to sync perfectly with all the controls on the main board. Then, we could add as many voices as we wanted to our Sub37 in just a few rack spaces. For another $1500, you could have a 4 voice Moog taking up very little real estate. They could call them, Slim Subs, or something more clever.

Please, tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this is a great idea. :mrgreen:
If they call it Sub-Zero I will buy one for the name alone. ;)

kingfriday

Post by kingfriday » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:17 pm

This is awesome news! I may end up keeping my Sub after all.

There is a slight problem I'm seeing regarding the modulation differences between the two synths, though. First of all, the Sub Phatty can only do positive modulation, while the Sub 37 will allow for bipolar. How is that going to work when chaining voices? Also, slightly less important is that extra LFO on the 37, which I imagine would just get ignored by the Sub Phatty.

I really hope bipolar modulation is possible through an OS update, else I see poly chaining between the synths to be a slightly odd pairing.

JonLukas

Post by JonLukas » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:34 pm

Please, tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this is a great idea.
I love the idea of a knobless box for extra voices. Maybe they could put 4 or more voices in one box!
Pianoteq, Guda KickR, Drumaxx, Diva, Pigments, Flow Motion, Kontakt, Omnisphere 2, StudioLogic SL73, MainStage, Logic Pro X.
Downtempo performed live: http://echofabric.com

Ombossa

Post by Ombossa » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:18 pm

-Your Friends at Moog
What about polychain for Slim Phatty + Sub37? Will it be possible or is it only for Slim/Little Phatty together, and Sub37/Sub Phatty together?

Thanks!