Sub Phatty; Brand new to Moog; Need help with Ableton

Everything Sub.
nrproductions

Sub Phatty; Brand new to Moog; Need help with Ableton

Post by nrproductions » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:30 pm

Hello everyone, I decided to get into analog synths, so I picked up a Sub Phatty and have been twiddling with it on its own, but my question is what do I need to connect the sub phatty to a MacBook Pro (OS Mavericks) to allow audio data to playback in ableton live 9?

So my 2 questions, what connectors and physical devices do i need to play the synth in live rather than a MIDI, and What are the procedures to get the analog synth to play in Ableton Live?

I'm still new to this part so I'm still learning, so please bear with me.

Thanks for your help!

synthesis4all

Re: Sub Phatty; Brand new to Moog; Need help with Ableton

Post by synthesis4all » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:44 pm

There are a lot of different ways to do this..but typically first you need to go 1/4" cable out of the Sub Phatty into some other audio recording interface device or the computer, depending on the device determines what part is next.. You could also route the sub phatty to an amp and then mic the amp, or just go straight into an audio interface.. You then pretty much just follow these videos to input your sound into ableton and record the Sub Phatty just like any other instrument. It most likely will be mono, so you can do some things to change this if you want...

https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/get ... interface/
https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/get ... ing-audio/

teiko

Post by teiko » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Try with the "External Instrument" unit ..
Windows 10 Prof. X64 / Ableton Live 11 / Slim Phatty V3.21, Sub37 V1.20 / Moog USB Driver 4.25.0

Asymetrical

Post by Asymetrical » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:02 pm

thetuberoom

Post by thetuberoom » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:43 am

Be wary of the firmware update. My synth is out of action at the moment and I'm waiting for the moderator to authorise my post.