SUB PHATTY Aftertouch question

Everything Sub.
tagirov

SUB PHATTY Aftertouch question

Post by tagirov » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:36 am

Hi.
I recently have got the new SUB PHATTY and sucessfully updated to 2.0.1 firmware, which was provided with the software editor by email after synth's registration.

My question is about the aftertouch support in SUB.

I know that SUB PHATTY's own keyboard doesn't support aftertouch, but I believe that the synth engine itself may support aftertouch, since it is all-midified.

So, what I want is at least:
1) To assign the aftertouch as kind of independent modulation control for some parameters, at least the same as the main mod section:
LFO -> PITCH
LFO -> FILTER
LFO -> WAVE
2) To set the modulation amount of the aftertouch for each of these destinations.
3) To be able to set (1) and (2) from Sub Phatty's front panel in "shift mode" and via the software editor
4) To save the aftertouch setting as patch-level parameter.

For example, for my keyboard technique it would be great to use afterouch for pitch vibrato and to use mod wheel for filter eg amount (or vibrato), separately.

That's what I'm actually do with my Nord Stage 2, where afterouch is multi-assignable to some parameters, for each patch, and allows to do funky tricky stuff.
And I want to connect Nord Stage as external keyboard to Sub Phatty and do some aftertouch tricks on the Moog little monster.

Maybe some aftertouch is already implemented in Sub Phatty, but I can't find this in the manual.
Thanks.
Best regards, Ruslan Tagirov.

Toyz: MBPro+Live 9.x+LogicProX, Moog: LP StageII/Sub37/Grandmother/MF-104m/MG-105m, Nord: Stage2 SW73/ModularG2Engine, Roland: MC909/TR-8, Korg: MS-20, R-3, OTO: Bisquit/BIM, etc.

gencomprodukts

Re: SUB PHATTY Aftertouch question

Post by gencomprodukts » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:26 am

Hi,
As far as i know, it only respond to filter cutoff.
MOOG Memorymoog+, Sub 37, CP251, ROLAND SH-1, SH-2, SH-7, SH101, Juno 60, SVC350, TR808, SCI Prophet 5 Rev.3.1, KORG Mono/poly, KR55, OBERHEIM SEM, WALDORF Microwave 1, DSI Prophet 08 Desktop PE, BOSS DR-55, BassBot TT303, AKAI MPC1000 JJOS2XL.

tagirov

Post by tagirov » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:39 am

No info about it in the manual.
Best regards, Ruslan Tagirov.

Toyz: MBPro+Live 9.x+LogicProX, Moog: LP StageII/Sub37/Grandmother/MF-104m/MG-105m, Nord: Stage2 SW73/ModularG2Engine, Roland: MC909/TR-8, Korg: MS-20, R-3, OTO: Bisquit/BIM, etc.

gencomprodukts

Post by gencomprodukts » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:16 am

This feature was added to the last firmware, this is the reason why there's no info in the manual. I tried several times with my master keyboard and for the moment it only respond to Filter cutoff.
MOOG Memorymoog+, Sub 37, CP251, ROLAND SH-1, SH-2, SH-7, SH101, Juno 60, SVC350, TR808, SCI Prophet 5 Rev.3.1, KORG Mono/poly, KR55, OBERHEIM SEM, WALDORF Microwave 1, DSI Prophet 08 Desktop PE, BOSS DR-55, BassBot TT303, AKAI MPC1000 JJOS2XL.

billjv

Post by billjv » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:27 pm

I have just purchased a Sub Phatty and have the exact same question - was there any resolution to this? What I want is to use an external keyboard for aftertouch, which right now is being received by the SP as cutoff filter control. What I want is LFO/Pitch Modulation, as in the modulation that happens when I use the Mod wheel. I have the latest firmware, I believe.

Thanks in advance, I hope this can be done - it would make my setup so sweet...

Bill

billjv

Post by billjv » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:29 pm

Bump! Anybody know if this is or is going to be possible?

music.maker

Post by music.maker » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:27 am

Send a MIDI note OFF with velocity to it e.g with Midi-OX and see what happens ? Sorry, if this s not the answer you are looking for.

billjv

Post by billjv » Sat May 14, 2016 10:57 am

It really would be a fantastic thing if Moog would update the firmware to enable aftertouch modulation. In my eyes this is the most serious drawback to it's MIDI implementation. If the aftertouch can trigger the filter cutoff, it can certainly be allowed to control modulation. Both are pretty standard MIDI CC's. So really, this is a case of Moog "unlocking" this potential. Please, please... don't make us beg, Moog!! It really opens up the most expressive way to play the Moog from a controller with aftertouch. The cutoff filter is nice, but seriously - we should be able to choose the parameter that aftertouch controls.

My voice here is just me. But obviously there are others interested in this, not only from this thread but in general. Okay, so at LEAST five people. Maybe six. 10 if you count Europe. But PLEASE... allow us the freedom to choose!! :)