SubPhatty editor troubles (Amos on the case!)

Everything Sub.
aen

SubPhatty editor troubles (Amos on the case!)

Post by aen » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Hey all.
Updated my Sub Phatty's firmware. Great Success! Even retained my hard earned presets.

However, the editor crashes as soon as I set my preferences, both in standalone and in conjunction with Ableton LIve 9.
I've restarted everything, which is usually the fix for new program problems.
BUMMERRRR.
Last edited by aen on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nofuturenocore

Re: SubPhatty firmware update, editor troubles

Post by nofuturenocore » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Hello,

Have you correctly follow all the steps of the firmware update ? Made the bootloader first, then the firmware ? etc... ?

Have you made 2 times a bootloader send ?
( Because you must do it just one time, it seems to be important to not make it two times because it can cause some problems.)

I have the last firmware and editor version (2.0.1 & 1.0.3) and have no problem, a part a lot of stuck note. ( and problem with Ableton disconnecting my midi device but this doesn't seems to have any link with the SubPhatty because it happen when I don't plug it too ).

charlie yeti

Post by charlie yeti » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:33 pm

Hello,
I have the same problem with the editor running with Mac OS 10.8.4.
It works until I select the sub phatty as midi in. Then it crashes.
It's actually only working with midi out, but I can't change the hardware presets, and I can't use the hardware pots to modify a preset neither ...

aen

Post by aen » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:09 am

Yep, I upgraded the Sub's internal firmware correctly. It's working with Reason and on it's own, so I think the problem is software related. I can live with that though, at least the synth itself isn't giving me any trouble.

mckayallday

Post by mckayallday » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:37 pm

charlie yeti wrote:Hello,
I have the same problem with the editor running with Mac OS 10.8.4.
It works until I select the sub phatty as midi in. Then it crashes.
It's actually only working with midi out, but I can't change the hardware presets, and I can't use the hardware pots to modify a preset neither ...
I have the same problem with Mac OS 10.6.8. The editor or editor plug-in works as software only until I select the Sub Phatty in the editor's prefs, then it crashes and quits. Everything else seems to work fine after the successful firmware update. I'm glad to know that I am not the only one :-)

aen

Post by aen » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Update!
the screen hangs on for at least 3 seconds before crashing now.

aen

Re: SubPhatty editor troubles

Post by aen » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:16 pm

HEY! Better update!
Amos sent me a PM. He's working on it!
(Urgh, I also realized maybe my 10.7 operating system could be part of the problem...)

cfunk

Re: SubPhatty editor troubles (Amos on the case!)

Post by cfunk » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:17 pm

I Have the same problem, the editor Crashes as soon i put the right midi in and out , either Usb or Midi Din...

Anyone solved this problem ????

Solaris

Post by Solaris » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:41 pm

I'm also having crashes with editor (windows xp/live 9) standalone or vst.
If more information are required feel free to ask me as well, I'm sure beta testers were mostly on mAc -:(

s.al

Post by s.al » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:00 pm

I have troubles too, with the RTAS version on pro tools 10.3.7 mac osx 10.8.4.
The standalone version works perfectly but when I want to open the plug-in version , the computer freezes and I can only force to quit pro tools!!!
Any suggestions?
Can somebody help me?
I have the latest firmware (2.0) and the latest version (1.0.3).

bconvey

Post by bconvey » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:50 am

same problem. opening the preferences panel crashes the editor and logic, very irritating. I reckon its something to do with the custom view and a thread safe related issue. not certain though. I'm sure it'll get fixed eventually though

Obermud

Post by Obermud » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:45 am

Hi Everyone,

My first post here. I just purchased a Sub Phatty this past week and am very excited cause it's my first analog synth. Just wanted to share the issue I am having with the editor. When I received my Phatty I registered it and received an email from Moog with the latest firmware 2.0.1 I did the firmware update to my SP and also downloaded the editor version 1.0.3. I am on a Mac 10.8.5 and am using Logic X 10.0.4. I opened the editor in Logic and clicked on the PREFS then added under Midi input and output Sub Phatty. A few seconds later it crashed Logic. I did that several times and the same thing happened.

I then opened the editor in stand alone mode, added the Phatty to midi in and out and it worked. I was able to check out some of the presets (very cool I must say). I closed the editor and reopened it and it crashed. So why was I able to work the editor once? Not sure, but I guess that the more info Amos has the better he can work this problem. Sorry, I know this doesn't help the issue, just wanted to let anyone that is using Logic X that there is a problem.

wingo

Post by wingo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:37 pm

I updated my firmware and got the editor going in Ableton 9 on my Mackbook Pro (running 10.7) as soon as it came out. It worked great for a few weeks, and I was using it all of the time. Now it's suddenly started crashing Live almost 90% of the time when I try to open the 'prefs' or Librarian pane. It's really odd - I'm not doing anything differently, and haven't made any significant changes to my setup. I've tried lots of stuff - plugging/unplugging the midi cable, restarting the SP, plugging in the midi/turning on the SP/opening Live in different sequences, etc. etc., to no avail. I've started using the standalone because it was driving me nuts, and that's been working fine (so far!). I'm pretty baffled by the whole thing.

furiousgreencloud

Post by furiousgreencloud » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:25 am

+1

My "Moog Sub Phatty Editor" crashes 8 seconds after I connect it to the Sub Phatty.

It was about 3 seconds but after i reinitialized the global parameters it increased to 8 sec of functionality before it crashes.

Sub Phatty Serial Number: SUB03601
Sub Phatty Firmware Version 2.0.1
Editor Version: 1.0.3
MacOS Version: 10.6.8

The following crash log show clearly that the fault lies in the application "com.MoogMusic.SubPhattyEditor"'s in ability to deal with an incoming MIDI message, in the function "handleIncomingMidiMessage"........ :evil:

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
Thread 2 Crashed:
0 com.MoogMusic.SubPhattyEditor 0x00033644 PresetLibrarian::handleIncomingMidiMessage(juce::MidiInput*, juce::MidiMessage const&) + 1012
1 com.MoogMusic.SubPhattyEditor 0x0001ba68 PluginAudioProcessor::handleIncomingMidiMessage(juce::MidiInput*, juce::MidiMessage const&) + 62
2 com.MoogMusic.SubPhattyEditor 0x0001d2be non-virtual thunk to PluginAudioProcessor::handleIncomingMidiMessage(juce::MidiInput*, juce::MidiMessage const&) + 36
3 com.MoogMusic.SubPhattyEditor 0x00051d4b void juce::MidiDataConcatenator::processSysex<juce::MidiInput, juce::MidiInputCallback>(unsigned char const*&, int&, double, juce::MidiInput*, juce::MidiInputCallback&) + 313
4 com.MoogMusic.SubPhattyEditor 0x00051aad void juce::MidiDataConcatenator::pushMidiData<juce::MidiInput, juce::MidiInputCallback>(void const*, int, double, juce::MidiInput*, juce::MidiInputCallback&) + 105
5 com.MoogMusic.SubPhattyEditor 0x00051a11 juce::CoreMidiHelpers::MidiPortAndCallback::handlePackets(MIDIPacketList const*) + 173
6 com.MoogMusic.SubPhattyEditor 0x000506b5 juce::CoreMidiHelpers::midiInputProc(MIDIPacketList const*, void*, void*) + 24
7 com.apple.audio.midi.CoreMIDI 0x019bc9f3 MIDIProcess::RunMIDIInThread() + 271
8 com.apple.audio.midi.CoreMIDI 0x0199f2d9 XThread::RunHelper(void*) + 17
9 com.apple.audio.midi.CoreMIDI 0x0199eca6 CAPThread::Entry(CAPThread*) + 96
10 libSystem.B.dylib 0x90564259 _pthread_start + 345
11 libSystem.B.dylib 0x905640de thread_start + 34

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:37 am

Hi all, just a note to say that I am indeed on the case... hoping for some results soon.

cheers,

Amos