SubPh Editor connections - i dont get it

Everything Sub.
Blackout

SubPh Editor connections - i dont get it

Post by Blackout » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:19 am

hi,

what is the point of having the VST plugin version of the Editor? it doesnt have a keyboard on the bottom of it, so you cant play sounds off the Sub. You cant assign the VST editor to the same midi as a track as it is crippled by not being able to "share" a connection with your DAW. You click to make it "active' to send knob twiddles but you have clicked off your active highlighted track to do it and then you cant audition sounds from your controller keyboard. i just dont get what the hell it is for exactly.

i just run the standalone editor alongside my DAW, have the MIDI and USB connected, and the DAW plays the Sub with midi and the Editor has its fun thru the USB port. Then everything can play together and happily at the same time. Seems like the obvious way to use the Editor?

Cheers,
Blackout

mmarsh100

Re: SubPh Editor connections - i dont get it

Post by mmarsh100 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:40 pm

Having the editor on a track in your DAW saves the patch you're using. Pretty handy.

nofuturenocore

Re: SubPh Editor connections - i dont get it

Post by nofuturenocore » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:25 pm

And you can automate all the parameters of your Subphatty with assignation in your daw....

Ableton + Max for Live + Sub Phatty = A lot more possibility than just your hands on a SubPhatty and a part the fact that its a Moog, this why I decide to buy this synth.