Sub Phatty Not Working (midi light stable) please help

Everything Sub.
Oski604

Sub Phatty Not Working (midi light stable) please help

Post by Oski604 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:56 am

I was making the upgrade and now it just lights up the Midi led without blinking.
How can it work again, what do I have to do?

Thanks!!

Blackout

Re: Sub Phatty Not Working (midi light stable) please help

Post by Blackout » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:24 am

did your dog pull out the usb lead? you were warned to keep dogs away from the usb lead when upgrading...

extended

Post by extended » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:08 pm

I'm in the same situation and i'm not sure exactly what i should blame myself for.
I made sure all my cables were plugged in securely and followed the instructions to the letter .
I started the procedure and all was fine up to the point where I needed to send the Sub_Bootloader to the subphatty.
I selected the subbootloader in c6 and started sending it but after over an hour it was still "sending" with the midi led flashing, just wasn't completing.
as it wasn't completing I tried to stop the c6 sending and was greeted with the message "progam stopped responding".
so I closed and reopened c6 again. reselected the subbootloader and tried sending it again. but same as first time the process went on forever without completing.
after 2-3 hours and with no progress I looked at the troubleshooting section:
"If the update is interrupted or fails to complete for any reason, just restart
your Sub Phatty (turn the power off and back on) and send the firmware file
again" .

this seemed to contradict the other instructions and infact I only considered it as a last solution.
however i couldn't keep the subphatty powered on forever nor i could use it in that state (wasn't making any sound) so pretty much had no other option left.
so i powered the subphatty off and back on hoping to restart the procedure from scratch(just as the troubleshoot advice suggested could be done) but to my shock the subphatty booted up as good as DEAD.
it's not even possible to re-initiate the update procedure at all as the c6 will not even find the subphatty midi out port anymore. pressing pitch amt+ hard sync + active panel twice just won't do anything.
all there is a midi led light permanently on as only sign of life.

khalbert

Post by khalbert » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:20 pm

I have suffered the same predicament. I have contacted support and am awaiting a reply.

Oski604

Post by Oski604 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:19 pm

We need to call Moog Support

IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:04 am

I'm sorry for this guys. It makes me sad that people get this kind of trouble.
I'm sure that Moog Support will help you. Give them a call!
Moog Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition and Little Phatty Stage II | Elektron Analog Four and Analog Rytm | Mutable Instruments Ambika | Korg Minilogue

khalbert

Post by khalbert » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:08 pm

I have tried twice to contact support via email. Guess I will have to call (not easy - gotta day job).

khalbert

Post by khalbert » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:57 pm

Cool I got an RMA arranged thy're gonna fix it ASAP. :)

2re

Post by 2re » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:04 pm

Did you guys get this fixed? I'm in the same boat. My Sub Phatty is dead, except for a blinking LFO Rate LED.

robml

Post by robml » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:12 pm

2re wrote:Did you guys get this fixed? I'm in the same boat. My Sub Phatty is dead, except for a blinking LFO Rate LED.
if its blinking you're fine. try sending the firmware to it again. i had trouble sending with C6, try sending with SYSEX LIBRARIAN for mac.

if it is not taking the new firmware it may be because you have not installed the new bootloader first, which you need to do before sending the latest firmware.

DO NOT SEND THE NEW BOOTLOADER A SECOND TIME!

cheers

2re

Post by 2re » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Yesterday I tried sending the new firmware with the C6 utility several times with no response from the Sub Phatty, but I thought I'd give it one more shot today, and it actually worked. The synth is fully working now, but for some reason B1 and C2 for osc 2 are out of tune compared to the rest.