Sub Phatty hidden settings are killing me (filter poles)

Everything Sub.
dswo

Re: Sub Phatty hidden settings are killing me (filter poles)

Post by dswo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:21 am

IgorCristo wrote:I'm not a huge fan of the hidden features tweak-wise, but I'm really happy that they exist.
My feelings exactly. People give Moog a hard time about the price premium for their products, but the Sub Phatty and the Minitaur do not stint on features. Moog has packed a lot of sound into these affordable little boxes.
David Wilson-Okamura

subb

Post by subb » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:07 am

Do you have an iPod/iPhone? If so, you could download TouchOSC (5 bucks) and I'll send you the control panel that I made. It will let you control all the hidden parameters like the Editor does. Couple that with an iRig (60-70 bucks) and you got a pretty standalone solution.

The next step would be to build a little hardware box for those settings...

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Hi SUBB ~ I have TouchOSC loaded on an iPad 2, but have never really used it, and imagined I probably never would now that Logic Pro X includes an iPAD app called "REMOTE" which automagically does what TouchOSC was supposed to do (though I am far more comfortable in LP9 and have barely scratched LPX surface yet) ~ would really like to see your control panel, however
subb wrote:Do you have an iPod/iPhone? If so, you could download TouchOSC (5 bucks) and I'll send you the control panel that I made. It will let you control all the hidden parameters like the Editor does. Couple that with an iRig (60-70 bucks) and you got a pretty standalone solution.

The next step would be to build a little hardware box for those settings...
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

subb

Post by subb » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:54 am

Alright I'll try to fix it (some control are incorrectly assigned) and I'll make a new thread to share it with everybody. Also I'll see if I can add a fetch button to ask the Sub to send its parameters so they can be displayed on the control panel.

Psychlist1972

Post by Psychlist1972 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:48 pm

nofuturenocore wrote:And for your problem about the "under the hood features", Psych , you can use your SubPhatty with a computer and the Editor it help a lot to make sounds faster and have a visual feedback of these "under the hood features".
Agreed, but realize that just isn't always the right mode of operation for this. I use a fair bit of software, but that's usually with my eyes on the screen and my hands on the controller. With the Sub Phatty, I want my eyes on the hardware. Also: the live performance issues I brought up.

The firmware update with the filter poles fixed really helped. However, I thought the filter (or amp, not sure) envelope stayed on repeat the other day once I hit panel mode. I need to double-check that.

On a majorly interesting plus side: I forgot and left my Slim Phatty on and didn't assign its MIDI input correctly, I noticed that the controls on the Sub Phatty were all we very nicely mapped to the Slim Phatty. It's almost a one-knob-per-function controller for it (minus features not present on one or the other).

Pete
Site/Blog: http://10rem.net
SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/psychlist1972
Twitter: @pete_brown