all my controllers work no problem when using the editor in a DAW
None work in Standalone

Amos

Re: Sub Phatty Editor - beta test feeedback

Post by Amos » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:46 pm

Rokatansky wrote:
all my controllers work no problem when using the editor in a DAW
None work in Standalone
this is correct -- the standalone editor does not have any provision to "listen" to an external MIDI keyboard and route this to the sub phatty. I'll add this to the list of requested features for a future update, but it won't be in v1.0. Sorry!

Rokatansky

Post by Rokatansky » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:55 pm

That's it,some kind of "MIDI Thru" to allow controlling the Sub Phatty with any other midi keyboard without the need to open a DAW in standalone mode.
So my mistake was to think that having the Sub Phatty only on MIDI OUT could be enough to have the standalone editor working.
Selecting the Sub Phatty both as MIDI IN and OUT allows me to get the Standalone Editor working.
I was able to handle some presets,rename them and save them to a bank but after some minutes without modifying the preferences I'm receiving again the "Hardware disconnected" message this time in
PC Win 7 Pro 32.
In PC Win 7 Ultimate 64 the standalone editor seems pretty stable.
VST 32 works perfect inside Kore Win 7 64.
Still having problems to open the VST in Cubase 7.0.4 64.
I tried this:
Deselecting the Sub Phatty on Cubase midi ports,then launch the editor....freeze.
Disconnecting the Sub Phatty USB cable,launch Cubase,reconnect USB and then launch the editor.....freeze.
Disconnecting the Sub Phatty USB cable,launch Cubase then launch the editor.....freeze.
In this situations the editor's GUI takes about 2-3 minutes to appear (sometimes it doesn't appear at all) and then Cubase freezes.
Tested both VST 32 and 64.

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:43 am

Hello,

I have the "Hardware disconnected" message too when I try to use the x86 VST with Ableton Live 9 in 32 bit.
Is there something to do with the Midiporthandler.exe ? I click on it several time nothing happen, then I try to put it in my VST folder, no changes, still hardware disconnected. Midi In & Out is set to Sub Phatty in the Editor Pref.

EDIT:So the Midiporthandler is active I see it in the active processes. But still have this hardware disconnected message.

Thanks.
Last edited by nofuturenocore on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rokatansky

Post by Rokatansky » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:08 am

I have the "Hardware disconnected" message too when I try to use the x86 VST with Ableton Live 9 in 32 bit.
Is there something to do with the Midiporthandler.exe ? I click on it several time nothing happen, then I try to put it in my VST folder, no changes, still hardware disconnected. Midi In & Out is set to Sub Phatty in the Editor Pref.
Did you select the Midi IN and OUT (Din and /or USB) at Preferences Menu?

Cheers

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:30 am

Yes but because hardware is not recognized, the Subphatty don't save any change I make after clicking on done, and when I use the standalone version i don't have to manually choose something it automatically set value to each parameters the first time I load it. I try to disable Midi In & Out on the Standalone to see if it was a problem between standalone and VST but this don't change anything.

ul303

Post by ul303 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:58 am

Yes there is definitely an issue with the VST version and Ableton.

barryfell

Post by barryfell » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:52 pm

Isn't this issue with the VST the same as it was before? i.e that you need USB and DIN MIDI connected? Having both makes the editor work perfectly in a DAW for me. (Live 9 x64)

As per this screenshot (it was from the last version of the Editor but ignore that)

If I try it exclusively on either USB or DIN I get the "hardware disconnected" issue. I guess not having it to be set up with both USB and DIN MIDI connected to the Sub Phatty isn't quite fixed yet.

I have an issue with the new 64bit VST not showing up in Ableton. I'm still having to JBridge the 32bit version.

Also, should the VST Editor GUI track the automation like VST GUIs usually do? At the moment, although the automation records and plays back correctly, the knob postions on the GUI don't change.

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:35 pm

I think that 0.9.3 version is here to fix that problem with Midiporthandler but this doesn't seems to work.

A part this, Amos, can you add me to the Windows Editor Beta Tester list because I didn't receive any notification for the v 0.9.3, I download it from a post on this thread. Thanks by advance.

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:20 pm

nofuturenocore wrote:Amos, can you add me to the Windows Editor Beta Tester list because I didn't receive any notification for the v 0.9.3, I download it from a post on this thread. Thanks by advance.
OK, I did :)

WINDOWS users: If you are having "not connected" problems, it's possible that you are not using the newest version of the MidiPortHandler.exe. This could be the source of the problem.

In case you don't have the latest version of this file (which is from 22 June), it's here:
http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/su ... andler.zip

here's the important part:
you must copy this file to the following location:
C:\Users\(administrator)\AppData\Roaming\Moog Music Inc\Sub Phatty

replace the existing Sub Phatty MidiPortHandler.exe which should already be in that location... check the file dates to confirm that you are installing a newer version of this file.

In the future we'll check the version of this MidiPortHandler file and replace it automatically if there's an updated version... the problem here is that we were only checking that this file exists, so if there was an older version in the correct location it was not updated automatically.

Once you've updated this file, see if it helps with connection and communication within the editor.

thanks!
Amos
Last edited by Amos on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:45 pm

OK, I did
here's the important part:
you must copy this file to the following location:
C:\Users\(administrator)\AppData\Roaming\Moog Music Inc\Sub Phatty
Ahah :) I don't get this information because I only got the link from this thread like said before, I'll try this right now and let you know if this work , Thanks Amos :)

Edit: Unfortunately this doesn't solve the problem with Ableton Live 9 & VST in 32 Bit version, still hardware disconnected. ( And the link you give is not working there is twice www.moogconnect.net :) )
Last edited by nofuturenocore on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ul303

Post by ul303 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:55 pm

Hi Amos,

There is a mistake in the link (http://www.moogconnect.net/www.moogconn ... andler.zip).
The path you mention C/USERS does not exist on my system. I guess you meant C:/Documents and Settings/

Anyway I can not locate MidiPortHandler.exe as it seems to be launched by the VST itself.
I do have a MidiPortHandler.exe file but it is part of the PLUGINS-PC_093 package.
I had already tried to launch it manually when running the VST but then it was running twice ;)

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:05 pm

The path you mention C/USERS does not exist on my system. I guess you meant C:/Documents and Settings/
If you are not using Windows 7 I think on Xp it is like you said.

ul303

Post by ul303 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:06 pm

nofuturenocore wrote:
If you are not using Windows 7 I think on Xp it is like you said.
Yes you're right. On XP I can't find the MidiPortHandler.exe file (I did a search).

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:22 pm

hmm, so many possible configurations. XP, win7, win8, 32bit, 64bit... :shock:

I don't think I have a windows XP machine set up, so I can't easily verify the correct path in XP.

the full name of the file is "Sub Phatty MidiPortHandler.exe" and it should definitely exist somewhere, if you've ever launched the plugin...

Is anyone running Windows XP *and* using the plugin successfully?
...or do we conclude it's "not working yet in Windows XP" ??