Sub Phatty Editor - beta test feeedback

Everything Sub.
barryfell

Re: Sub Phatty Editor - beta test feeedback

Post by barryfell » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:31 am

robml wrote:
barryfell wrote:The beta team's presets are sounding great. Good work guys. 8)
hey i just installed the latest version and i dont see any presets other than the 16 factory ones. am i missing something?

im on osx mountain lion, recently rebuilt.

cheers
They are in a folder called Beta Team that came with the rest of the files. This is the case on the PC download at least, so maybe they are missing from the Mac? You could just download the PC version to get them as it's just a case of pointing the editor to the folder.

robml

Post by robml » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:45 am

barryfell wrote: They are in a folder called Beta Team that came with the rest of the files. This is the case on the PC download at least, so maybe they are missing from the Mac? You could just download the PC version to get them as it's just a case of pointing the editor to the folder.
found them in the win download

interesting how people get different sounds from the machine

i like quite a few of them - ive got tastes similar to "SH"

here are some thundercat inspired loops ive been working on. its entirely the sub phatty (+native ableton live plugs) except the drums
http://bit.ly/1cvhdHO
i love the sub phatty - so easy to get great sounds out of ;)

some of the presets used to make this track were made after amos asked for them a while ago "RML" - amos do you want us to re-submit our presets?

cheers

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:01 am

robml wrote: amos do you want us to re-submit our presets?
Nope, I think that ship has sailed :) I'm really trying to get this puppy out the door now.

Those presets should be baked into the Mac installer so they auto-install; it might not overwrite your existing Library folder if you are doing an upgrade rather than a fresh installation though. I'll test to make sure they show up when they should.

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:25 am

those AU plugins are definitely 64 bit - otherwise LPX would not load them
HumanByDesign wrote:Amos, is the Sub Phatty AU Plug-in 32 or 64bit?
I think I caught logic when it fails the plug in authentication, and it has to do with that "32 bit bridge" software.
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:02 pm

The mac AU components are universal binary; both 32 and 64 bit.

HumanByDesign

Post by HumanByDesign » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:29 pm

Mac OS 10.8.4
Logic Express 9.1.8
64bit
Sub P. Firmware 1.3.8
Editor ver. 1.0.1

Firmware update:
I've noticed that a physical restart is required after updating to 1.3.8 or else the Release param. doesn't function at all for Env or Amp.

Standalone Editor:
Instead of an asterisk, a Tilda now appears at the end of the name, upon saving on synth.

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Hello, I can't rename preset with the Editor in VST mode ( It work in Standalone)
Anyone else ?

DiScO197

Post by DiScO197 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:38 pm

Hi all,

Any idea where I can download the Mac beta of this editor?

Thanks!

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:55 pm

nofuturenocore wrote:Hello, I can't rename preset with the Editor in VST mode ( It work in Standalone)
Anyone else ?
Ableton Live doesn't allow text from the computer keyboard to be sent to plugins. So, VST in Ableton Live won't let you type new preset names. It's a limitation of Live, so there's nothing we can do about it. :(

general notice: new Editor version coming today. :)

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:47 pm

Amos wrote:
nofuturenocore wrote:Hello, I can't rename preset with the Editor in VST mode ( It work in Standalone)
Anyone else ?
Ableton Live doesn't allow text from the computer keyboard to be sent to plugins. So, VST in Ableton Live won't let you type new preset names. It's a limitation of Live, so there's nothing we can do about it. :(

Rofl Okay, Thanks Amos :;)

barryfell

Post by barryfell » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:11 pm

Amos wrote:
Anyone else ?

There's an easy workaround for that. Type what you want to call the preset in Notepad, copy it, then right click on the preset name and paste.

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:18 pm

barryfell wrote:
Amos wrote:
Anyone else ?

There's an easy workaround for that. Type what you want to call the preset in Notepad, copy it, then right click on the preset name and paste.
Nice :) I'll try this tomorow, for the moment I was making the Preset in Ableton when I work on sounds or songs and then when I have use the 16 slots I go back in Standalone Editor to rename them :) But good Idea :) It's very messy for the moment I had to make some order in the Presets before loosing myself (Note: ...I never use a preset 2 times for the moment :) )

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:53 am

Hello, There is still something I don't understand correctly I think. I can't take a preset from the library and put it in a slot of the SubP.

When I try to click on a preset from the library and play it, it works. But when I try to drag it in a slot of the SubP it show me the name of this preset in this slot but it's still the preset which was in this slot before.
When I try to to IMPORT a preset, it doesn't work and when I click on GET it doesn't work too.

And a part this is there a way to edit a preset which is in the User Library without loading it in the SubP ?

Thanks.

Okay now it works, the little thing next to auto send wasn't activated -_- . Sorry for that.
Last edited by nofuturenocore on Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

ul303

Post by ul303 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:44 am

nofuturenocore wrote:Hello, There is still something I don't understand correctly I think. I can't take a preset from the library and put it in a slot of the SubP.

When I try to click on a preset from the library and play it, it works. But when I try to drag it in a slot of the SubP it show me the name of this preset in this slot but it's still the preset which was in this slot before.
When I try to to IMPORT a preset, it doesn't work and when I click on GET it doesn't work too.

And a part this is there a way to edit a preset which is in the User Library without loading it in the SubP ?

Thanks.

Okay now it works, the little thing next to auto send wasn't working. Sorry for that.
Try to activate auto send

HumanByDesign

Post by HumanByDesign » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Mac OS 10.8.4
Logic Express 9.1.8 [64bit]
Sub P. Firmware 1.4.0
Editor ver. 1.0.2

Standalone Editor:

Fast Decay button, no documentation in manual. What does it do exactly, and is there a hidden parameter button combo? How is this different from simply adjusting the decay or release?

I may have missed this in an earlier version but, when in patch mode with editor, when you press Activate Panel, should all the settings revert to neutral or 0? I've noticed they don't. It would be convenient if they did as a sort of initialized patch. I'm not sure if I completely understand the idea of the activate panel vs. a compare button.

Firmware update:

Version 1.4.0. Great! (any release notes, or no need?)

Will there be an updated manual in the future, featuring all the new improvements? (loved the addition of the Panic feature in 1.3.9)