Sub Phatty Editor - beta test feeedback

Everything Sub.
robml

Re: Sub Phatty Editor - beta test feeedback

Post by robml » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:58 pm

misterpete wrote:I don't know how LIVE works, but you can't record MIDI notes on an audio track with an audio FX plug-in in Logic
im a protools and live user. are you saying you cant add audio effects to virtual instrument channels in logic? how do you guys add effects to virtual instrument channels? do you have to bus them to effect channels?

cant you just create an audio track and have the effect sitting there, and then have a separate midi track routed to the subphatty midi port? the midi notes dont have to go to the plugin, infact i dont see why you would send midi to the plugin anyway.

maybe logic works in a totally illogical way though. ;)

robml

Post by robml » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:02 pm

nofuturenocore wrote:Hello I stiill have weird issues with the VST, ( and I don't understand how to use the VI in Ableton Live, it automatically delete the external Instrument so there is no audio routing ? normal ? )
the same thing happens to me. seems to be some sort of workaround version for logic users as logic doesnt function the same way as protools and live (probably most other daws too).

maybe they should rename the VI version "Logic Version"

Needa1

Post by Needa1 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:30 am

Where can i download the subpatty editor 0.9.5

thank you

HumanByDesign

Post by HumanByDesign » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:02 am

Mac OS 10.8.4
Logic Express 9.1.8
64bit
Sub P. Firmware 1.3.2
Editor ver. 0.9.5

Standalone Editor:

I found the current versions (see above) of the standalone editor/firmware worked really well. I only had one weird thing happen. I sent a patch I had in previously saved with the librarian in 0.9.3 back to the Sub P. and lost it.
I had upgraded to 0.9.5 and tried to send the patch back to a different slot on the Sub P. After I did so I couldn't hear anything when trying that patch, so I had a look at what the editor was displaying. Every single parameter had been turned counter clockwise fully, and all buttons were unlit except "gated glide". The patch had been completely erased.
So with that said, does the editor for some reason, recognize the version the respective patches were made in? I'm speculating. Don't know why it would have happened.
It hasn't happened to any other sounds, but the one difference was it was the only patch I had made using the Random button.

Feature Requests:

When using the Random feature it would be practical if the Volume knob wasn't included in the randomizing. Every time you randomize you have to watch where the Vol ends up or else you'll blast out some really loud sounds. Kinda annoying

Still would really like to see this……A DROPDOWN LIST OF ALL THE HIDDEN FUNCTIONS TO SELECT FROM WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. INSTEAD OF HAVING TO REMEMBER WHICH DOT COMBINATION IS WHICH. I know there are many on the editor panel, but all of them would be convenient.

In the AU version a dedicated "Local control" button would be good instead of having to click the pref panel every time or multi button combo on the actual synth itself.

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:07 am

I'm on Logic Pro 9.1.8 ~ wondering which AU version are you using ~ in an AUDIO FX slot or Software Instrument?
I have found you can now (in latest Firmware and software builds) keep them both or all three ~ open simultaneously without crashing but curious of the advantage of using the 'software instrument' vs a simple 'MIDI notes' track since Moog's extensive CC implementation usually is wasted and unnecessary complex info to record into Logic ~ in any case I seem to be able to record that information in as indicated on the Event list but then unable to send it back out to record it again :?
In the AU version a dedicated "Local control" button would be good instead of having to click the pref panel every time or multi button combo on the actual synth itself.
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:44 pm

nofuturenocore wrote:The Sub Phatty looses the Midi connection (I ear the sound that you ear when you unplug an USB port ) and after that the VST stop recognize it and I must reboot my computer to make Ableton Live searching for Midi connection at launch again.
This is an important observation!

How many people are experiencing this problem, where the Sub Phatty USB MIDI connection stops working?

if you turn off the Sub Phatty power and turn it on again, does this restore USB (without rebooting the computer)?

Very important: Does this problem ever happen when you are NOT using the Editor, or only when the Editor is in use?

also: is the Sub Phatty USB connected through a hub, or directly to the computer?

If you have any further details you can report about your experience with this problem, please let me know.

Thanks!

Amos

Needa1

Editor 0.9.5

Post by Needa1 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:03 pm

Where can i download the subpatty editor 0.9.5

thank you
Needa1

barryfell

Post by barryfell » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:31 am

Amos wrote:
nofuturenocore wrote:The Sub Phatty looses the Midi connection (I ear the sound that you ear when you unplug an USB port ) and after that the VST stop recognize it and I must reboot my computer to make Ableton Live searching for Midi connection at launch again.
This is an important observation!

How many people are experiencing this problem, where the Sub Phatty USB MIDI connection stops working?

if you turn off the Sub Phatty power and turn it on again, does this restore USB (without rebooting the computer)?

Very important: Does this problem ever happen when you are NOT using the Editor, or only when the Editor is in use?

also: is the Sub Phatty USB connected through a hub, or directly to the computer?

If you have any further details you can report about your experience with this problem, please let me know.

Thanks!

Amos
I've never lost connection.

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:03 am

DITTO! ~
I've never lost connection.
except when powering off/on and rebooting etc <obviously>
Please Call Me, PETE

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:05 am

If you've NEVER lost connection... also let me know if you're using a USB hub or connecting Sub Phatty directly to your computer's internal USB ports.

So far, it seems like losing connection is associated with using a USB hub... but if someone's using a hub and has never lost connection, that's significant too. In that case I'll want to know the make and model of hub, in case we should recommend it to others! :)

barryfell

Post by barryfell » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:25 am

Amos wrote:If you've NEVER lost connection... also let me know if you're using a USB hub or connecting Sub Phatty directly to your computer's internal USB ports.

So far, it seems like losing connection is associated with using a USB hub... but if someone's using a hub and has never lost connection, that's significant too. In that case I'll want to know the make and model of hub, in case we should recommend it to others! :)
I've never lost connection and don't use a hub.

I wonder if people's power management plans are putting their USB hubs to sleep?

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:53 am

I have not lost a connection yet. I'm using a powered hub. IOGEAR SuperSpeed USB 3.0 4-Port Hub.

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:11 pm

OK testing HUBs this morning; is 1.3.2 still the lastest FW?
SO far no connection lost ... since I plugged in my SUB PHATTY, TAURUS 3, SLIM PHATTY and MINITAUR into a 7 way BELKIN USB Hub powered by a rackmounted FURMAN power 'conditioner'/bar :D
Please Call Me, PETE

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:13 pm

Hello.

I didn't loose connection theses last two days but have some serious problems:

- Release is ignoring all modification in Panel Mode. ( It's working for some preset but not all, and if I put it on a value in preset mode and after that going to Panel Mode it's the same value that I hear in Panel Mode, but no way to modify it in Panel mode.) (Happen in VST, Standalone Editor and with no connections to computer )
- When I go back to panel mode any of the knobs move in the Editor, they just stay as they were on the last preset selected before changing to Active Panel. (But its seems to sound as they where before ). ( Happen in Standalone & VST )
- With Start with Active Panel check in the VST and Editor, there is a conflict, Active Panel and a Preset are selected at starting.

- When I launch ableton with a starting project ( Which have a Channel for the SubP with already configured MIDI In OUT & Audio Input + VST ) sometime it send and receive midi from the SubPhatty before I did anything and make the VST do not recognize the SubP anymore and I just must reboot my computer and the SubP. I solve this issue by making a starting set without the settings concerning the configuration of the SubP.

I updated to 1.3.3 to see if a re flash would change something but it didn't change anything.
Gonna try to re flash later, spend too much time banging my head on the desk today -__-

Edit: I make 4-5 reflash downgrade to 1.2.9 no way to make release work, what is weird is that it works for some of the preset but not all. I try to move all the parameters no way to make it works, it just works during a short moment after moving the value of multidrive, thenI move again multidrive and it stop working again... Then no way to make it works :x And I have stuill this Panel Mode problem. I'll try to make a some reflash tomorrow to see if it change something...
Last edited by nofuturenocore on Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:32 pm

little update on HUB report:
SUB PHATTY still behaving beautifully but my Slim Phatty started acting weird on the Hub ~ not because of the hub I don't think~ but because of those funky SLIM editor(s) :cry:
Please Call Me, PETE