Sub Phatty Editor - beta test feeedback

Everything Sub.
Waza

Re: Sub Phatty Editor - beta test feeedback

Post by Waza » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:32 am

What i've noticed with Studio one 64Bit.

64 bit version does not work at all. But 32 bit works with Jbridge.

Standalone version - does not recognize the Sub now and again and i have to reconnect.

Will keep you upto date on any other findings.
Computer: 3.4ghz i7 Quad core, 24gb Ram,
Soundcard : Focusrite Saffire 56
DAW: Studio One 64 Bit
Plugins : Too Many to say
Hardware: Moog Model D, Access Virus Ti2 Keyboard

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:23 pm

no power outtage here at Chez Mr. Pete today* YAY and SubPhatty sounds even better than I remembered :D
---
New Firmware 1.3.1 installed ~ knob behaviour seems correct...
this FW may also possibly have solved the crashing when launching more than one instance of Standalone and AU within Logic?
or just lucky???

--
EDITOR
my preset sounds do not seem to be significantly affected by update
am enjoying the librarian and category popup menu feature
Can we edit USER names of Categories?

feature requests in Librarian Window:
1) would be great to save a Preset Sound with a Command S (keystroke) instead of mousing when playing phatty
2) the option to Save a new sound directly into Librarian WIndow where we can assign a category at same time would be nice
3) when making patches would like a command to create a NEW blank INIT Patch in Librarian window

* http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/07 ... t_end.html
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:27 am

Hello

I make the 9.0.4 Upgrade of Ableton Live and I make the Upgrade from 32 to 64 Bit.

Now Ableton Live show all my 64 Bit VST but the Sub Phatty Editor x64 VST isn't recognize, I delete it and put it again in the folder several times, delete the "preferences.cfg" of Ableton Live, clean the Temp Files with wise disk cleaner, launch Ableton Live a Administrator, nothing works.

Any Idea of the problem. I already try all the solutions I found on Ableton website I think but without success.

Thanks.

barryfell

Post by barryfell » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:33 am

nofuturenocore wrote:Hello

I make the 9.0.4 Upgrade of Ableton Live and I make the Upgrade from 32 to 64 Bit.

Now Ableton Live show all my 64 Bit VST but the Sub Phatty Editor x64 VST isn't recognize, I delete it and put it again in the folder several times, delete the "preferences.cfg" of Ableton Live, clean the Temp Files with wise disk cleaner, launch Ableton Live a Administrator, nothing works.

Any Idea of the problem. I already try all the solutions I found on Ableton website I think but without success.

Thanks.
The x64 VST of Editor 0.9.4 isn't working in Live and some (or all other) DAWs for anyone at the moment as far as I know.

0.9.3 worked, so I'm sure it will be fixed in 0.9.5.

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:46 am

barryfell wrote:
nofuturenocore wrote:Hello

Thanks.
The x64 VST of Editor 0.9.4 isn't working in Live and some (or all other) DAWs for anyone at the moment as far as I know.

0.9.3 worked, so I'm sure it will be fixed in 0.9.5.
Okay Thanks, was starting to become completly mad tbh :)

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:51 pm

OK ~ just sent in a ZIP file of individual presets and banks....

SO here's an update in the interest of widening the knowledge base;
...even without really reading the RTF software Manual (also in BETA pdf) I figured out a workflow to initialize Presets to my liking
which is to use (control click) Copy & Paste ~ ie select a sound I have already created that I want to use as a starting point and copy and paste it into a Category folder I have created then edit it and Rename it

Software Code Crew: Perhaps it would be handy if the Presets could self collate i.e. - put themselves into the correct corresponding folders?
---
Further thoughts on Logic AU implementation
One advantage to using the stand alone vs AU is you can use the Finder's Command-Tab keystroke to switch between APPS
so that when you switch back and forth between the Standalone and Logic the SubPhatty Editor window will stay in front
whereas with the Plug-In within Logic it's too easy to lose the active window priority

thanx, Pete
Please Call Me, PETE

pomodon

Post by pomodon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi,

Just got a Sub Phatty this week. Any way I can join for beta testing the Editor? :)

Thanks

robml

Post by robml » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:41 pm

MOOG NOTES v0.9.5

-loading moogsubphatty vst and moogsubphatty-vi to the same track causes ableton live to crash

- in ableton the VI version and the normal version appear as the same name in the plugins list "MoogSubPhatty"

- what is the virtual instrument version for? confusing to call it a "virtual instrument" when it's not a virtual instrument. what is the difference between the original version and the VI version?

- no sound plays on the VI version when i play a midi sequence on the channel (ableton live). is it a prototype or does it work?

- having a second version of the plugin is confusing. especially when it doesn't function as expected.

MOOG NOTES v0.9.4 and earlier
- when scrolling a list of presets in the library, the cell borders are static and the preset names move over the top of them.

- when in shift mode amplifier attack sends midi cc28 instead of cc104.

- keyboard octave responds to midi cc89, but does not send out any midi cc data when changed via the buttons on the panel.

- "search subfolders" should be renamed "include subfolders & subphatty presets"

- "search subfolders" not only searches subfolders, it searches the "sub phatty presets column" too. this is confusing as the search results then have duplicates.

- when you save a new preset over an existing preset on the hardware, it DOES NOT rename it. so, if you had a preset called "Bario Mothers" saved in 4-4 and then you made an entirely new sound and saved it over 4-4, then opened up the librarian it would look like the preset had not changed as it still has the name of an old preset. i would suggest you make the subphatty rename over any existing preset with the bank name. i.e., "Bario Mothers" on 4-4 would get renamed to "4-4" when the bank/patch was saved over on the hardware.

- when a user updates the values via midi cc (ableton live) the subphatty editor does not update. suggest you update the gui when midi cc values received.

- when renaming presets, the mouse cursor doesn't work to highlight a section of text or move the cursor to a different position within the text. only keyboard strokes work.

- users still have to upload their presets to moog to share them with friends. it uploads presets to a moog website without permission. suggest you simply attach them to an email instead.

SUGGESTIONS
- get rid of the VI version. its confusing.

- elektron octatrack has a feature where you can send a midi value to cc61 which triggers the octatrack to send out all its values via midi cc. this is great for external devices like the lemur or ableton live. i would love it if you could program the same feature before the initial release of the librarian+firmware? pretty please ;)

-subphatty should send the complete cc data whenever you change presets or press activate panel.

Rokatansky

Post by Rokatansky » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:13 pm

Standalone 64 seems to work fine, the only issue that I had was that after tweak and save 12-13 presets the editor lost communication with the Sub Phatty.
The Sub Phatty remains sending info to the editor (knob movements and everything) but not from the editor to the SP.
Closing and re-opening the editor fixed the situation.

On the other side VST 64 VI and 32 VI still freeze Cubase 7.0.5 64.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 SP1
Cubase 7.0.5. 64
Pro Tools 11
Editor 95
OS 1.3.2

barryfell

Post by barryfell » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:14 am

Nice, that's the 64bit version working again in Live. All seems well. :D

I got tired of looking at the flat grey Moog icon in my dock for the standalone editor (especially since the Editor UI is so nice) so here's an alternative if anyone wants:

.ico version available here.

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:00 am

barryfell wrote:Nice, that's the 64bit version working again in Live. All seems well. :D

I got tired of looking at the flat grey Moog icon in my dock for the standalone editor (especially since the Editor UI is so nice) so here's an alternative if anyone wants:

.ico version available here.
Nice Job :)

Needa1

Post by Needa1 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:27 am

Hi all where can download the editor 0.95 for windows.

Thank you

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:31 am

okay, getting harder to find elusive bugs... but this is possibly the same issue ~ sounds to me like there WAS a surge of volume whenever you switch to a new saved sound with the RANDOM or any saved PRESETs — probably due to the configured preset volume setting? ~ thought I had noticed this happen even when the volume was not saved with the preset - but can't reproduce it anymore :D

as far as HANGING ie Midi Loop and stuck notes — has been rare but solved by pushing both octave buttons at once...
personally, i attributed that to the configuration with LOGIC (DAW) not the subphatty by itself
Salvator wrote:
Pressing Random button still produces hanging note. Although the lockup that occurred where a restart was required has ended. Changing the patch drops the hanging note.
Potentially fixed for upcoming 0.9.5 : The issue was not reproducible here, though as we had idea of what was going on, we added a line of code to workaround this. Still need to be confirmed in version 0.9.5.
Please Call Me, PETE

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:54 am

NO! you don't have to install it (there's a checkbox option to select installing or not)
however, some of us need it ie in LOGIC to record SubPhatty MIDI — even if it's still not working exactly right,
I don't know how LIVE works, but you can't record MIDI notes on an audio track with an audio FX plug-in in Logic
robml wrote: SUGGESTIONS- get rid of the VI version. its confusing.
Please Call Me, PETE

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:33 am

Hello I stiill have weird issues with the VST, ( and I don't understand how to use the VI in Ableton Live, it automatically delete the external Instrument so there is no audio routing ? normal ? )

The Sub Phatty looses the Midi connection (I ear the sound that you ear when you unplug an USB port ) and after that the VST stop recognize it and I must reboot my computer to make Ableton Live searching for Midi connection at launch again.
I got weird issue concerning the SubP and the VST ignoring some parameters and when I try to save some preset sometimes it just refuse to save what I made but change some parameters at random I think , and I've a volume problem when I save presets too, and other things that I don't really understand Tbh. )
And I think theses problems come from the fact that sometimes it looses it's connection.