Polyphonic Sub Phatty Controller

Everything Sub.
JohnWynberg

Polyphonic Sub Phatty Controller

Post by JohnWynberg » Mon May 20, 2013 5:47 am

Hi... I asked the question on a Slim Phatty thread, but since I didn't get any answers... Maybe it's a stupid question, but I just want some reassurance. Does the Sub Phatty allow me to play, as a controller, other synths (soft synths) polyphonically? I would love to try all those knobs with DIVA, but I also want some polyphony. I'm still waiting for my Sub Phatty to get delivered. 3 to 10 working days, they said...

stiiiiiiive

Re: Polyphonic Sub Phatty Controller

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon May 20, 2013 8:08 am

I think the SubPhatty works like the Little Phatty, that is the sound engine is monophonic but the keyboard is digital hance allowing to control polyphonically through MIDI.

Anyone correct me!

breun

Post by breun » Mon May 20, 2013 10:51 am

I'm also pretty sure Amos mentioned the keyboard being able to control polyphonic synths in demo videos. He specifically mentioned the scenario of the controlling a software synthesizer using the Sub Phatty's keyboard and then running the signal back into the Sub Phatty to use the filter to process the sound from the software synthesizer.

JohnWynberg

Post by JohnWynberg » Mon May 20, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks for your answers! I'm looking forward to get my SP. I've been watching videos, a couple of then by Amos, I believe, but I haven't seen the SP controlling soft-synths, only Ableton Live... And not sure the polyphony issue was mentioned. As far as I can remember, it's not mentioned in the manual either (but I haven't read it that carefully, anyway). I suppose they take it for granted, that it's pretty obvious. Cheers...

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon May 20, 2013 1:41 pm

That's a definite yes. MIDI output is polyphonic.

JohnWynberg

Post by JohnWynberg » Wed May 22, 2013 12:47 pm

Sadly, I just been told my Sub Phatty wouldn't get delivered until like September, and the seller wasn't even sure they could send me one then, so I cancelled my order. Perhaps I might be able to buy one next year, if we ever get more Sub Phatty's here in the UK. If you got yours, enjoy! All the best...

breun

Post by breun » Wed May 22, 2013 1:17 pm

I ordered one in April and I was told I'd get it 'beginning of May'. This week I enquired and I was told it's going to be the 'second week of June' now. I sure hope the date won't slip any further...

JohnWynberg

Post by JohnWynberg » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:06 am

Searching everywhere in the UK, I had given up hopes of getting a Sub Phatty this year, so I decided to start building my first Eurorack modular. But now I seem to have found a seller with some in stock... Oh, well, I suppose the Eurorack was also inevitable, and it could go well with the Sub Phatty (only now it makes me wish the SP had CV out, but there are ways to convert from MIDI to CV, such as a Teenage Engineering's Oplab).

barryfell

Post by barryfell » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:41 am

JohnWynberg wrote:Searching everywhere in the UK, I had given up hopes of getting a Sub Phatty this year, so I decided to start building my first Eurorack modular. But now I seem to have found a seller with some in stock... Oh, well, I suppose the Eurorack was also inevitable, and it could go well with the Sub Phatty (only now it makes me wish the SP had CV out, but there are ways to convert from MIDI to CV, such as a Teenage Engineering's Oplab).
Juno.co.uk had new stock in on Friday (I received an email to say so), which I saw just after ordering from somewhere else which said they would have stock in tomorrow. Turned out the place I ordered from aren't actually getting stock in tomorrow, and it's been pushed back until the end of the month which was annoying.

I looked at about 15 UK suppliers and most said the end of the month or didn't give a date.

By chance I found a place that had 1 still in stock this morning so I called them to confirm and right enough they did. They were actually surprised they did! Naturally I grabbed it there and then and cancelled my pre-order elsewhere.

Arrives tomorrow. 8)

The guy I spoke to at the place I had originally ordered from said that their Moog rep has told them they are totally sold out in the UK and only 8 were coming in to the UK at the end of the month.

JohnWynberg

Post by JohnWynberg » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:18 am

Now that I got mine, I don't care for the rest of the world :lol: No, honestly, glad they're shipping more to the UK. There seems to be a lot of demand. I got mine from Rubadub. Their stock lasted like 2 ways, a weekend... I'm so happy to have one of the first thousand.

barryfell

Post by barryfell » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:24 am

JohnWynberg wrote:Now that I got mine, I don't care for the rest of the world :lol: No, honestly, glad they're shipping more to the UK. There seems to be a lot of demand. I got mine from Rubadub. Their stock lasted like 2 ways, a weekend... I'm so happy to have one of the first thousand.
Sweet. :D I wonder how many are in circulation at the moment? I got #579.