Sub Phatty Virus conflict and Ableton malfunction.

Everything Sub.
Feltman

Sub Phatty Virus conflict and Ableton malfunction.

Post by Feltman » Sun May 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Strange...I use Ableton. I've had this weird thing happening to Virus Ti SINCE first plugging in the Sub. The keyboard controller I use plays Virus with the scale seemingly backwards and out of tune. That's to say, higher up the scale on the controller, an Akai LPK25, the lower the pitch produced ONLY by the Virus, other software synths such as Omnisphere function fine with the controller. Now, in trying to fix this I went into MIDI sync preferences in Ableton and turned off the Sub. Now when I boot Ableton my template, with Sub Phatty, often times won't list in the external instrument the SF nor show it in the configure option. Seems that If I unplug Virus from one of the two dedicated USB's on my pretty optimized MacBook Pro, plug the SF there, reboot, sans Virus, the SF IS THEN recognized by Ableton. Whatsmore, I updated to the beta firmware here at Moog and when I use the activate panel button so I can program new sounds I always get this LFO trigger about a second after freshly striking a key, legatos no, just fresh notes. I have bottomed out all knobs in SF in activate to no avail, once the SF produces sound a second later there is this filter that kicks in. I tried the SF out on Logic and the same filter thing happens there as well. Seeing as I've just started to play with programming the SF it could be that this is not related to the firmware update.
So, my question is, firstly, how exactly does one go about configuring SF for Ableton? Anyone else using Virus Ti having keyboard controller issues when used with the Sub? What on earth might be causing the seemingly delayed and unalterable filter envelope to kick in?