Sub Phatty: labelling of 'under the hood' functions

Everything Sub.
Z-one

Sub Phatty: labelling of 'under the hood' functions

Post by Z-one » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Would Moog consider labelling the 'under the hood' functions on the panel of the SP (e.g. in blue to distinguish them from the 'basic' functions)?

Think of those functions as 'page 2' (cf. OB-8) functions rather than as 'hidden' or 'under the hood' functions...

kingfriday

Re: Sub Phatty: labelling of 'under the hood' functions

Post by kingfriday » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:37 am

I agree, this would really handy to have, but I'm struggling to understand how the different button menu combos could be labeled. Of course, any feature or parameter that is associated with a "shift-knob" could (and should) be labeled on the panel, but those are the easiest ones to memorize imo. After just a week with the synth I already have my most commonly used shift functions memorized. It's all the various settings accessed through the bank/patch buttons that I end up having to use a reference for. Not really sure how one would go about making this easier. An iphone app, maybe?

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:35 pm

kingfriday wrote:I agree, this would really handy to have, but I'm struggling to understand how the different button menu combos could be labeled. Of course, any feature or parameter that is associated with a "shift-knob" could (and should) be labeled on the panel, but those are the easiest ones to memorize imo. After just a week with the synth I already have my most commonly used shift functions memorized. It's all the various settings accessed through the bank/patch buttons that I end up having to use a reference for. Not really sure how one would go about making this easier. An iphone app, maybe?
MIDI Designer app -
Works on iPad (more screen real estate to work with, obviously!) and iPhone.

Using it to easily create custom controls for the "under the hood" settings of my Moog Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MIDI MuRF, and MIDI Analog Delay.

Works great!! :)

http://mididesigner.com

MUCH better than cluttering up the panels with additional text, IMHO... :wink:

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

dswo

Post by dswo » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:07 pm

kingfriday wrote:After just a week with the synth I already have my most commonly used shift functions memorized. It's all the various settings accessed through the bank/patch buttons that I end up having to use a reference for. Not really sure how one would go about making this easier.
Same here. I think Randy's got the right idea, though I'm going to wait for someone to make a Lemur template. The app's more expensive, but it seems you can program it to be like an extra LFO.
David Wilson-Okamura

Z-one

Post by Z-one » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:55 am

Stuka wrote:MUCH better than cluttering up the panels with additional text, IMHO... :wink:
the panel wouldn't be cluttered if those 'page 2' functions were silkscreened in another color, say, medium blue
kingfriday wrote:I'm struggling to understand how the different button menu combos could be labeled
good point...