SubPhatty: so when is it shipping?

Everything Sub.
jasonduerr

SubPhatty: so when is it shipping?

Post by jasonduerr » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:43 am

Placed my order via sweetwater while you were still on the floor at NAMM.
Original delivery pushed from 2/24 to first half of march, now first half of april.

I have a lot of tolerance for this sort of thing, I manufacture electronics and understand 6-8 week lead time and all the wonderful stuff that pushes dates out. But can I get any kind of forcast? I prepaid in February, and would really like to know about a true delivery date.

Thanks, Moog Team.

subb

Re: SubPhatty: so when is it shipping?

Post by subb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:54 am

I was wondering this too. We are in early april and some online stores advertise various shipping dates, from this wednesday (april 10) up to May 2!

The waiting is killing me, but not knowing when it will arrive make things worse!

digitalarchon

Post by digitalarchon » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:41 pm

I ordered mine on February 6 direct from Moog. It arrived yesterday. It is serial number 408. I've seen number 22 about 6 weeks ago, and it had been a walk-in purchase at Guitar Centre.

I would say they are making 10-15 a day, and there were a lot of orders from the big resellers that needed to be pushed through. Like, if Guitar Centre, Musicians Friend and Sweetwater all plumped down for fifty each, that's two to three weeks of production for those 150 units. Maybe even up to a month, as working out the kinks you always run into when launching a new product and putting them together always takes a little time.

dswo

Post by dswo » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:31 pm

I received my Feb. preorder from Musician's Friend a few days ago, on Apr. 11.
David Wilson-Okamura

Waza

Post by Waza » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:46 am

i ordered from Thomann.de on start of march and they said it will be 6th may when they get there order of around 80 units.
Computer: 3.4ghz i7 Quad core, 24gb Ram,
Soundcard : Focusrite Saffire 56
DAW: Studio One 64 Bit
Plugins : Too Many to say
Hardware: Moog Model D, Access Virus Ti2 Keyboard

jasonduerr

Post by jasonduerr » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:05 am

UPDATE:

Purchased and paid for 1/29/13
Delivered 4/11/13

WORTH THE WAIT IN EVERY WAY.

This is my first Moog purchase. I am astounded by the attention to detail. I work with a lot of product designers (that's my job, making PCB Assemblies and Box Build Assemblies), so I have a bit of insight into what it takes to make products.

What blows me away most is the quality of materials... all surfaces feel silky. It's the exact opposite of a Ford Mustang interior.
Very surprised by the weight, too. But this is a family heirloom that will be in service for the next 40 years.

Anyway, if anyone is on the fence... do it, she is beautiful.
If anyone is still waiting... it's worth the patience.

Unboxing ceremony here...
http://imgur.com/a/UI2bY

modul8tr

Post by modul8tr » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:20 pm

If anyone is looking for one. Switched On Austin (where I bought mine) was fully stocked as of late last week. They will ship to you.

Also Rainbow Guitars in Tucson told me last week they'd have their shipment by this Monday past.

kingfriday

Post by kingfriday » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:40 am

Switched On rocks! Can't say enough good things about those guys. They are Austin's synth headquarters.

modul8tr

Post by modul8tr » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:09 pm

They were fantastic to deal with. After they tweeted a picture of a stack of Sub Phattys in store and ready to go, I called them immediately, and in my excitement forgot about the time difference. They were literally walking out the door when the phone rang, but they took my call and booted everything up again to process my order. Very friendly and helpful bunch.

I always love supporting the boutique shops. I'll have to visit them when I'm there next!

Off topic....kudos to Moog on the beautiful Sub Phatty packaging. As a lover of design, I was extremely impressed. Seems someone at Moog is taking cues from Cupertino.

That Sub Phatty signal flow chart (with the cubes) should really be on a t-shirt :wink:

Solaris

Post by Solaris » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:46 am

Please moog ship to jrrshop -;) they are Very professional and customer oriented ! Ordered mine begining February and still waiting patiently but I'm sure it is worth the waiting 8)

kingfriday

Post by kingfriday » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:00 pm

Great to hear! Chad and the whole crew at Switched On! are great. They have really become the hub of the local synth scene, especially bringing life to the eurorack modular synth scene around here, and they work with several local synth and module builders. Before it was an official store, I bought a limited run semi-modular (LZX Monolith modular) from him which is now happily sending CV to the Sub Phatty!

modul8tr, I couldn't agree more on the packaging. Unboxing the Sub was a delightful experience. Moog has really stepped it up and made this synth special in so many ways.

subb

Post by subb » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:25 am

Musician's Friend have some in stock since today :

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboard ... ynthesizer

Hopefully my local shop will receive mine soon...

red

Post by red » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:57 am

next Monday :D
::red

Waza

Post by Waza » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:59 am

cancelled my online order as my local store had 2 in. So now i'm sitting with a big smile loving the sound :)
Computer: 3.4ghz i7 Quad core, 24gb Ram,
Soundcard : Focusrite Saffire 56
DAW: Studio One 64 Bit
Plugins : Too Many to say
Hardware: Moog Model D, Access Virus Ti2 Keyboard