Sub phatty octaves

Everything Sub.
Nillerbabs

Sub phatty octaves

Post by Nillerbabs » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:01 am

Hey Moog people,

The Sub phatty is everything the LP should've been. A terrible shame that you've bypassed live players on this one with that silly 2 oct keyboard. I would buy a 3 octave version in a heartbeat. Best sound you've got on your hands, a beautiful piece all over. This request has presumably been stated before, but here it is again to stress the importance thereof.

Niels

Solaris

Re: Sub phatty octaves

Post by Solaris » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:16 am

Indeed there is a big demand for that and even more for a rack version. As you know you may connect your 5 octaves loved keyboard and it 's done ! Consider the sub phatty as a module which happens to have few keys :D idea was not to cut down functionalities or sound palette but to save on the keyboard size which is clever in my opinion.

If they create a sub phatty module for 799$ which may connect to the Sub Phatty keyboard to daisy chain and add polyphony , I would buy 4 in a heart beat

Nillerbabs

Post by Nillerbabs » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:52 am

I would actually settle for a module. That's probably more realistic, too. Go Moog! <3

till

Post by till » Wed May 15, 2013 5:07 pm

Solaris wrote:If they create a sub phatty module for 799$ which may connect to the Sub Phatty keyboard to daisy chain and add polyphony , I would buy 4 in a heart beat
YES :!:

Without the need of a panel control for an add-on voice expansion, the price should be lower. Maybe putting 4 voices in one little unit would be perfect. And what a nice poly synth this would be.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

kingfriday

Post by kingfriday » Wed May 15, 2013 6:18 pm

till wrote:
Solaris wrote:If they create a sub phatty module for 799$ which may connect to the Sub Phatty keyboard to daisy chain and add polyphony , I would buy 4 in a heart beat
YES :!:

Without the need of a panel control for an add-on voice expansion, the price should be lower. Maybe putting 4 voices in one little unit would be perfect. And what a nice poly synth this would be.
Yes and yes. I'd love to see a voice-only module that could easily and relatively cheaply enable SubPhatty polyphony. I'd be fine with a panel-less module, but I fear that wouldn't bring in many new customers and thus won't sell particularly well. Seems like people want a knobby module or a 3+ octave keyboard.

Maybe a semi-knobby polyphonic module would be a good compromise? Then you're in SlimPhatty territory, though. I can imagine these choices are tough to make for a company when deciding how to place a synth next to other products in their line so they don't cannibalize each other.

In my ideal world, Moog would release 1,2 and 4 voice "Sub Poly" modules and then a monster 4 octave 6 voice Sub Poly. This covers the desktop tweakers, Sub early adopters that want polyphony, and players that want a cream-of-the crop analog poly. :mrgreen:

We can dream, right?